Thrilling Thursday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

Re: Thrilling Thursday

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:57 pm

so I'm trying to decide if my chest is so tight it can't or if it's really getting better.
Well, actually it was the former. I had 2 of those awful coughing episodes. Dh helped me try to use the inhaler -trouble is I can't really breathe in without coughing. I've never had anything hit me like this has. DD did call the Dr's office earlier this afternoon to see if I could get a prescription for a nebulizer. That did seem to help yesterday. But it's now 6pm and we haven't received a call back. So maybe they weren't able to do anything.

I have accomplished one thing today. Got everything together (and that was no easy task this time) and completed the church council minutes. They were sent off to up north and the secretary wrote back that she'd received them and would get them printed for Tuesday's meetings. But that is the ONLY thing I've done today.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:24 pm

Hens have been fed. It has been raining this afternoon yea I am glad it is not snowing. \*/

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:43 pm

Looking in, I did the Wellness consultation at the Y and have an appt for the strength assessment on Monday. I thought they would do both at one session. I went on the treadmill for 20 min.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:39 pm

Dee - you might need to go back to doctor to get the scripts you need. Being able to breathe seems somewhat important.
BTW - there are 2 pressure points under the inside ends of your collar bones. Push up on these and it will help dilate airways. It will feel a little 'tickly/prickly/sore' to touch when you have the spot. You don't have to press hard, just feel those points.

Back to this post.

I had been meant to have someone come today, but they never let me know a time, then came when I'd decided they weren't coming as a ph msg to call a now non-functioning number suggested I make an appointment time. Prev arrangement was to let me know the time.
I've fretted over this all week, along with the other must do by Mondays, when D?D decided she wants to spend time with me.
Think hours wait at transport dept, and social security to do what needs doing.
Anyway. Me . Procrastinating on it all. Somewhat angry.
Me in pjs. the singlet and short shorts kind. a car.
I disappeared to dress. She would never text, as I said was promised, she said.
Time not really suitable I said, with other imp things need doing.
Then sent her away to have another time scheduled. Whatever.
Less than gracious. Stressed.

So I changed my top again, thinking of licence photo needed. Have put on sneakers as there will be a fair amount of walking to get to other side of town, even if I bus some of the way.
Its 30C out there. Cloudy and steamy.
Wishing my car was more healthy.
If I leave soon, I'm make workers at lunch time slot.
Will I have time for the other govt office and wait time?
Hating that my mind is not cooperative.

Maybe I need to put off DD from Monday as well.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:55 pm

(((Dee))) — I’m amazed you got anything at all done with that kind of cough! It sounds just like what my mother complained with back when she ruptured her diaphragm and had surgery. NOT SAYING THAT TO SCARE YOU! We don’t know if the rupture caused the cough or vice versa. But she said sometimes she had to pull over when she was driving because it was so bad! Maybe they will get you a nebulizer in the morning... but I hope you can get some rest before then!

All the Christmas stuff is in boxes, ready to return to the closet.
6.5 hours
— MINUS:
Dgrands interrupting
Ds/ddil interrupting
Cooking/eating supper
S/S kitchen
Reading part of the paper
Two lengthy bathroom breaks (TMI?)
Packing clothes for tomorrow
Putting away half yesterday’s laundry

Posting on phone bc dh is listening to ballgame on computer...
Waving to ALL!!!
Tomorrow is another day.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:59 pm

I thought I posted that earlier, but I don’t think I did. Anyway — ALL the boxes are now back in the closet and normal decor is back in place! Hooray!!!!

Vacuuming, etc — nope... won’t get done till probably Tuesday when I should have some “home alone” time. I did vacuum up the front of the den where the tree sheds so badly.
Tomorrow is another day.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:01 pm

Been trying to find those spots, LynLee. At the bottom end (by the breast bone) or at the upper ends towards the shoulders?
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:43 pm

I am glad I remembered to return earrings today and got a diff pr.

Did not find my lipstick color in stock will have to check for it later I want one for my purse.

We had dinner I spiffed up the kitchen afterwards.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:58 pm

Dee: here's a starting point

http://www.acupressure.com/blog/index.p ... ma-relief/

google "acupressure asthma" for other links. None appear perfect but internet is slow here so I only looked at 4 pages.

Back from morning 'coffee' and grocery run. Picked up eggs and ginger beer. Also stevia flavoured soda with was 2x the price of regular soda ($4 a bottle.) I had the ginger beer the first night and it was excellent (reminded me of "English" ginger beer from my childhood as opposed to the Jamaican which is all I can get now at home.)

I made up tea for iced tea yesterday. Sparkling water here is cheap (75 cents for 1.25 litres) so I can use that, plain or hint of flavour instead of a soft drink. I've managed to avoid coke or pepsi since the planes but I've also been having juice blended with water.

I'll barely make 10K steps but will at least make it for today. The next 24 hours will be a very low count since we'll be in the car for most of the time unless we go for a walk around Perth this evening. The following two 24 hour periods may be better since I intend to walk around a town while dh sunbathes. After that, the car is returned and I'll have no trouble making my steps as I walk around town or to the beach each day. I don't have to worry about walking too far since there's a free shuttle bus that runs around this area. It might be a long ride (it only goes in a single direction) but it is free and air conditioned.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:53 pm

Dee If you are still here... It's the bottom under edge of the collar bone by the sternum, breast bone.

Have drivers licence renewed. Looked briefly at cars.
Lunch now.
Then govt office.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Return to “Post When You Can”