Thrilling Thursday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Thrilling Thursday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:27 am

Well, not too thrilling.... but a little bit of excitement can be good for the soul or for perspective!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Thrilling Thursday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:37 am

Little thrills here - seeing beautiful tropical flowers in bloom in people's front gardens, the sounds of the birds, a cloudless deep blue sky and the startling blue-green of the Indian Ocean.

We went for a walk to the shops and picked up a salad, some peanuts, some drinks and walked down to the beach and had a picnic. The shade of the tree was so complete, I actually got a chill from the breeze off the water, despite the fact that it is sunny and 84*F. In the sun it feels quite warm but in the scattered shade the temperature is perfect.

Another thrill, over 14K steps yesterday (to make up for 3K and 5K the previous two days.) I'm leaving the pedometer on Ottawa time so am just counting 24 hour periods based on Ottawa time, so my steps are counted between 1 in the afternoon to the following day. So far 'today', I have 4K steps.

After lunch we walked back home and I made up a cup of tea to have with a tart that had been left for me. I settled out on the patio to have it and our host/friend dropped by so I offered him a cup of tea and we had a lovely visit. We're invited for a light dinner tonight to be made by their house guest, her cousin from France.

Now I'll either go back to the garden to read or lay down for a nap. Dh is watching a movie.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:22 am

Kathryn - your description of your surrounding is fun to read. I always enjoy traveling "with" you through your words.

I slept 9 hours last night which helps make up the sleep that I lost the night before. 9+4=13 which averages out to my typical 6-7 hours of sleep. After years of trying to sleep the recommended 8 hours, I've given up on that goal because my body doesn't want or accept that much sleep.

Today will be my first day out of the house in SIX days. I have been good to my body giving it rest, water, fruits, and vegetables. Hopefully, this downtime has been enough to get my body through the worst of this crud. I still have sinus congestion and all that goes with that (coughing, sneezing, runny nose).

Today's doings include -
** 6:15am - 6pm DGD6 care before/after school
** 7:45am - 3:30pm DS9 homeschool
** 11:15am - 12:10pm DS9 to school for lunch & recess with friends
** 12:15 - 12:45 DS9 to the speech pathologist.
** 1:45 - 2:30pm DS9 to chiropractor
** 6:00 - 7:30pm DS9 to basketball practice

My other doings will be fit in between these time defined activities.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:50 am

Hi.

Lynlee, I understand about things having an effect on morning serenity and I'm sorry yours took a hit. My morning serenity was affected by more jaw pain. I went to bed early last evening because of it and awoke to a messy kitchen - miscommunication with my roommates. Everyone thought someone else was doing it. Anyway, hoping both of ours can return.

Kathryn, the description of the house where you are staying sounds so pleasant.

lucylee, I have a landfill I call an office, too, so I feel for your son, with interests and hopes that don't fit in to the space. I have a wall of organization, yet a floor of things that didn't get onto it before it filled up, so this has to be stowed away in file drawers and desk drawers, etc.

Yesterday's TaDas were mostly errands. Found out that two things were available for pickup, and dd also chimed in with a need for thicker shoes, so we handled all that.

Thinking of the households with sickness this morning. All best wishes.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:33 am

I'm up and s2s. That's about all I can say for the morning. I had another really bad spell around midnight and dh was up with me trying to help me. He did help me use the inhaler and fixed me some hot water with lemon and honey. My throat is very sore this morning. I'm really praying dsonil gets better because I think we're just going to keep passing this thing around until he does. He's the only one who won't go to the dr. and also detests taking pills. I can't even talk at this point.

Time to take the rest of my meds -a thing I'm dreading myself this morning.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:06 am

Hi!

Sounds like old news, but it snowed again last night. The weather forecasters are saying today will be very cold and tomorrow it will be even colder. Brrr...

No idea what we are having for supper tonight.

Hair is washed and I did a bunch of large pots this morning as well. I still need to empty the dishwasher and start to refill it. I almost had a dish avalanche this morning, but I grabbed it as it was moving. I had a large platter on top of something smaller and the platter shifted. I guess I can pile paperwork, but dishes are out of the question.

Worked on the pantry a bit yesterday.

I am going to the craft guild in Grimsby today.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:32 am

My :lol: for the day, Cathy.
I guess I can pile paperwork, but dishes are out of the question.

Told dh I was going to get busy and do SOMETHING. He told me not to push myself. Ha! My plan is to do only one thing at a time for 1-2 minutes. I do have to work on council minutes so will try to do that off and on today.

For some reason I haven't coughed today (only barely) so I'm trying to decide if my chest is so tight it can't or if it's really getting better.

Dh and dsonil are going to P ublix later to get their "Thursday night chicken" and water. Need to make a list of things we absolutely need to get. Know dh needs bananas.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:11 am

Woke up on time today yea! I can tell our days are getting a tad bit longer yea! Groc list is made out. I need to fed hens and s2s. Need to have breakfast, wash sheets. Journaling is done.
Last edited by Nancy on Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:11 am

for me it will be drilling thursday as I have a 1-1/2 hour dentist appointment. ;)
dd older got home safely and she was surprised by the cold lol - poor thing was wearing her yoga pants when I picked her up from the airport - not the warmest

today is up in the air
I did pull cards for January - one thing is thank you notes, another the freezer again so I shall see
playing it by chance today.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:24 am

Good morning all!

have a great day d nancy!

Hoping your chest behaves and you start feeling better d dee!

howdy d cathy! stay safe and warm! you made me giggle as well about piling up and that dishes don't do that as well.
Have a wonderful time at the craft guild today!

Bonjour d harriet,
miscommunication with my roommates. Everyone thought someone else was doing it.
I do hope your jaw is feeling better soon. Great job on getting errands done yesterday.

Halo Halo as well to d lady, I am happy you got sleep - you definitely needed it. You have a busy day ahead of you - I hope it is a wonderful day.

d kathryn I am truly so happy for you. I also love "traveling" with you. Yay on your steps.

Good morning everyone that comes in this morning and I wish you all a healthy and wonderful day. I saw you last night d lucy - hope you also have a good day as well.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Return to “Post When You Can”