Friendly Friday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Re: Friendly Friday

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:28 pm

Cathy said:
Due to the holiday and rescheduling of garbage and recycling pickup, today feels like Thursday. Because I couldn't get all the garbage into the one green garbage bag, there is a new bag started for next week already.

I was sure yesterday a.m. that it was Friday morning, such a confusing week! And we're still overflowing with garbage because of dkids debris and then the party. The bin is close to full now, but we can probably stuff down today's garbage and make it to Tuesday.

Dcleaning lady is doing her magic. Dd and I are having lunch with dmom; it's her 91st birthday today.

I have set aside time this afternoon for Tai Chi practice and am currently getting through papers, scanning, filing, discarding, recycling toward clearing my desk.

DD will be here soon.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Lilac

Postby Lilac » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:33 pm

Dd2 has had a contruction dumpster setting to the side of their driveway since they started updating their house in March 2016. They moved in last Feb. Dsil's dm took what she wanted and moved to town in August 2015. She left behind a LOT of stuff, starting with 5 wedding dresses of her dds. We were most surprised that she left a large amount of photos. Prior to turning the house over to dsil and my dd2, they had Christmas there in 2015 and dsil's dm told everyone to take whatever they wanted. She told dsil and d2 to sell, throw away, give away, keep whatever they wanted. The basement to this house is all open except for a small bathroom and a large walk-in closet with lots of shelves for jars of canned goods. Dsil and dd2 moved all the furniture they didn't want to the basement, plus lots of stuff, theirs and his dms. When we there in Dec. the girls wanted to show me the basement. They had been working on it and there wasn't near as much stuff as I had imagined. They had given furniture to victims of a fire. A week before Christmas, just before our first freezing cold snap, dsil and a friend worked on the garage. It is a double garage and was filled, waist high with outdoor things plus things that had never made it into the house. Finally dd2 could park in the garage. Anyway earlier this week, they decided it was time for the dumpster to go and it was picked up today. When dgd6 heard them talking of getting rid of it, her comment was, "good, now we won't look like we were hoarders, anymore".

I haven't heard what time babyK's MRI is today. The good thing is that they will see the dr. later today for results. He doesn't want them to have to make another trip for that.

Yikes, I need to shower and buy groceries...............

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:37 pm

1st shift is done yea!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:45 pm

Home from lunch with dmom and dd at assisted living. DD and I took her a birthday cupcake, and they also had a sheet cake and a slice with a candle for her to blow out. She got to be surprised and pleased everytime she realized it was her birthday. ;)

I am going to allow myself a short nap.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:05 pm

Lilac — your story gives me a little hope for ds.... Just a little though, bc I think ds has been in this situation longer.

We’re off again to college town. I like it bc we get to eat out, but it IS tiring. After today though, I won’t be going back for at least 10 days, maybe more.
Tomorrow is another day.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:10 pm

Finally was able to find my trash pickup schedule. I thought they had changed my day, turned out to be one last week of holiday adjustments. Somehow, I never got the memo of the holiday schedule.

I cannot get my report to print. Everything slowed to a crawl and I had to restart my machine.

It's official. Another person (along with her son) has cancelled on the Mardi Gras trip. No reason given. I do wonder if she was encouraged to do so by the xBFF. Mom is going to be disappointed and blame me for not wanting trampy behavior around DD15 and her cousins. (It would also seriously inconvenience everyone trying to meet up with people staying elsewhere. Especially since xBFF is late for everything.) I don't know yet if DD15 will go. If she does not, I don't know what traveling companion friend and I will do. When can my life get back to being a sitcom rather than a soap opera? At least it's not a rom-com YUCK!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:52 pm

Happy Birthday to Twin's DMom! 91 years old. WOW!

I was not thrilled to wake up feeling like crap again. Each day I think I will be over this crud but it keeps hanging on. I'm trying my 3rd different kind of OTC meds. If I get fever, harsh cough or it goes into my lungs then I will go to the doctor. As long as the mucus stays an okay color (tmi?) then I'll just let my body immune system do it thing. I am being very conscious of drinking more than normal.

We have SUNSHINE!! Glorious sunshine!! It is in the mid 50F with no wind. After a week or so of being stuck indoors, the kids are loving playing outdoors non-stop. They asked if they could eat lunch outside which I was happy to fix them plates for that.

I canceled my lunch with DGS21 today. I just didn't feel up to the 50-mile drive and being "on".

The dog house I ordered was delayed a couple days but finally arrived today. DS9 and I put it together and have it set up in the yard ready to be used. We are putting treats inside the dog house in an attempt to get DS9 dog to enter it. No success yet.

In between child care, I am working on next semester Homeschool lesson plan. I am revising & moving my previous plan from a spreadsheet to OneNote BuJo. I have the Math, Spelling and Reading lesson plans completed. Now I'm working on the Science lesson plan.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:03 pm

Just another tidbit of TMI, LadyM -I didn't THINK I was coughing up yellow until AFTER I had that nebulizer treatment at the Dr's on Wednesday. Then it WAS yellow. Who knew?

I spent quite a bit of time working on annual reports and getting my "check-lists" in order. At least so I know what I have/haven't received and all those things I've pasted/formatted/corrected.

I had another horrible 'jag' this morning and from that point on I was sweaty plus! Have felt better. Just used the inhaler again trying to stay ahead of it. DD & I both are hoping to go to church Sunday as we're voting on whether to keep our interim as our regular pastor. Truthfully he wouldn't be our first choice BUT he's not bad. And if we all were to vote "no" where would be then? Another 2 years without anyone. He's been serving as interim since about last October. He's one of our 'resident' retired pastors. Our church, almost all snowbirds, only needs a 'part-time' pastor anyway.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:29 pm

OH my, I set an alarm to get me up after 550 min and then dozed along between alarms almost another 45 min. What a nap I didn't know I needed. I've been waking in the a.m. before the alarm goes off and getting up easily, but I didn't know I was that tired.

So now I still haven't done Tai Chi practice and I'm thinking I won't go to temple tonight. I was feeling on a roll this a.m. and I've petered out here.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:30 pm

I spent some time cleaning the kitchen. Cleaned the oven. Cleared and cleaned the island. Wiped off all the scented oils that dd gave me on Christmas. They weren't a gift, just a house donation. One of them had leaked in the bag.

Music has been extremely loud ever since dh left after we had brunch.

I will be saying "OUCH" very loudly so my dh can hear it in the front seat. I discussed her punchiness last year after the fact, and he said that I should have said something loud enough for him to hear. We discussed it again at lunch and he told me to make sure I let myself be heard.

The only thing I need to do is feed the cat and get dressed.

Happy birthday to Twin's mom!

For those of you that aren't following any other SHE news on FB, Citylady moved to NC and has safely arrived. They will be near Raliegh somewhere. I'm certain she will get used to the peace and quiet eventually.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Return to “Post When You Can”