Friendly Friday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Friendly Friday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:24 am

Take a moment to reflect on friendship.

We have each other here. I'm also thinking of Lady M's Friday Night Gang.

The folks in the house here are having Epiphany tonight (a day early) with couples they've done this with for the past 20 years. Two couples can't come but have sent their now-adult children in their stead.

Friendship is a wonderful gift. Perhaps it should have been 12 friends-for-fellowship instead of twelve drummers drumming for that 12th day of Christmas!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Friendly Friday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:31 am

Our main focus of the day was seeing our old friends, met on a cruise 10 years ago. It was such a wonderful visit but flew by. We were there almost 4 hours.

We also have dh's passport in hand, now.

Reminder - go fill in the "In Case of Emergency" info in your passports! The lady at the airport (we called to say it was found and to cancel the case with the airline) said that 90% of the items turned in don't have ICE information so returning them quickly to their owners is difficult.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:53 am

Wow and double wow to Kathryn's opening post.

Cheers to friends here.
And to meeting Kathryn and Ken when they were cruising up the coast way back when, who were generous with their time.
Prayers especially for the Dee family. I didn't like the sound of Dee's breathing, and hope she has expert aid, not first aid.

I added cleaning my K window sill to my evening routine tonight. Lots of candles and things there, and a fav spot for geckos hunting under the light, leaving their calling cards. :roll: :mrgreen: tmi
Disinfected the sink afterwards.
I need to go back to dry/PA dishes, and dry off sink for the night.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:11 am

I did google that 'spot' last night, LynLee/Kathryn. However I still seem to have trouble finding that particular spot. Think my body was put together weird?

I did sleep last night, coughing off and on. Didn't really wake up for a p break until after 4. Then I was up about 5:30 and 7 or so. I'm now s2slippers. Dh was still sleeping and didn't want to wake him getting my socks out.

Going to take my meds and eat a tad of breakfast. One thing this bout has been 'good' for is losing weight. No appetite. I'll have 1/2 an English muffin for breakfast probably and a cup of coffee. Want to try to go to W mart :? this morning. Would just have my dd get some things if she's going out at all, but I really need to look for what I need (in the pharmacy). The only other thing I plan to pick up is creamer (which of course is at the extreme other back corner of the store.)

First I have to put up some meds for dh for this morning. Part of what I have to get is more over the counter meds to fill his. I also want to get a severe cold/congestion med that I've had before and see if that will knock out some of this crud.

I have a LOL ready to go in (I have to -I only have 1 pair of underwear left). So I'll drop that in when I go out to the living area.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:19 am

Look at this page Dee
http://www.acupressure.com/articles/colds_and_flu.htm

A disclaimer 2/3 down
-
Potent Points for Relieving Coughing

A severe, repeated, or uncontrolled cough can be harmful and you should always consult a physician. Many illnesses such as influenza, pneumonia, and chronic bronchitis can become serious if the condition continues unattended.

Sometimes, your physician will find it advisable to attempt to suppress a cough to prevent further irritation of the bronchial tubes. Cough medications may be used, but acupressure can be an effective adjunct therapy. During a coughing fit, many of the large muscle groups in the upper back area can go into a spasm. Specific points on the chest, throat, neck, and upper back benefit the respiratory system, relax your body, and relieve coughs.

There are photos, and other points may also help. If you need emergency aid though, go and demand it.
I was shown those collar bone points by my then chiro/acupuncturist who was annoyed by my coughing disturbing other patients during a treatment.
Later on I helped a young girl having a breathing problem after she had swum across a large water hole with her father/sibling. Way out back in NT on a tour. (asked permission to show her the spots.) She recovered enough to not be such a worry.
You may prefer to try different points, as the article suggests.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:44 am

good morning d dee I am hoping today will be better than yesterday regarding that bad cold. Go away cold!

Hello d lynlee so nice you were able to meet d kathryn and d ken! lol about the tmi

hello d kathryn have fun with your visit and so happy your dh has his passport
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:49 am

dental work yesterday was more than I and the dentist expected ;) I came home feeling like I was getting a headache and a chest cold. Feeling the same way today. I am a little sore today and considering taking a nap again.

it was -9 this am. I am thinking of everyone out east.

wishing you a good day.

goal: front hall - work in pie chest
heavy laundry and put away
dinner
stay off Facebook and any site (besides this one) that doesn't promote learning
it is always a joy to be here with you!

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:56 am

Hi!

Due to the holiday and rescheduling of garbage and recycling pickup, today feels like Thursday. Garbage and recycling are both out. Because of the high winds, the recycling is in a large, clear plastic bag. Because I couldn't get all the garbage into the one green garbage bag, there is a new bag started for next week already.

Living room is tidied. Bed is 90% made other than my pillows. Island is almost presentable. Bathroom is tidy and it has been sprayed with Febreeze. Cat litter needs to be changed.

Plants have been watered. Music is on.

It snowed last night, but it was also very windy, so now we have bald patches in the back with large drifts right where we need to walk to get wood from the woodpile. The entire front of the shed is behind a large drift. This is the first year that we have seen a real accumulation of snow and the affects the blowing and drifting. Our ditch in the front is also full of snow. There is a 35C difference between inside and outside, not including the wind chill/"feels like". 20C inside and minus 15C outside plus lots of wind.

We are going out for supper tonight. I need to remember to put a blanket in between myself and the other woman who will be joining us tonight with a friend of dh's and a fellow technician/mechanic. We went somewhere with them just over a year ago and her way of accentuating whatever she said was with a hard punch to my leg or arm. I will also be putting my bag between the 2 of us as well. If she makes contact, I will say something this time. Last time I didn't speak up at all.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:34 am

Phone woke me at 7 a m 34* and raining here, 40's next week! I work in 1 hr. Need to s2s & fed hens done. I did 30 min. On ex bike.
Last edited by Nancy on Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:34 am

Good morning! I am not feeling particularly friendly today. I realize I spend most of my time angry at someone/something, usually the xBFF, the x, or the other woman. They are not good people, so they don't deserve space in my brain.

The Mardi Gras trip is looking more and more iffy. DD15 failed two of her classes last session and squeaked by another. (Thank you Harry Potter fan fiction). She is not sure if leaving town during the next session is a good idea. The x never supported this trip, despite having 13 months advance notice and is not encouraging her to think about how she can manage it. She has been trying to contact her teachers to talk to them about it, but no one returns her calls. Probably no is is getting her calls. If she cancels and the other invitees still want to come, I will go and have a good time, but it may not happen. The only one I know for sure wants to go is my traveling companion friend. The other friend may decide to come once she knows that the boyfriend drama won't be happening. If DD cancels, I would rather cancel myself, but feel an obligation to the others.

The big news at payroll is that the Rump administration has cut the food bank program in our state by 1272. Those horrible low-income seniors are getting an entitlement program! How dare they expect someone to give them food! By my calculations, this will free up approximately $7000 for some billionaire's tax cut.

I did finally make that DPC and cleared one more thing from my list. Didn't do much else. We did eat at the more expensive Chinese buffet.

Thank you, lynlee, for the link. DD is also prone to coughing fits, bad enough that one of the youth group moms considered a trip to the ER. Her doctors do not know why.

CathyS: A loud "OUCH!" should suffice. Make sure it is loud enough to embarrass her. I doubt you are the only one who is annoyed by this behavior.

Return to “Post When You Can”