Satisfying Saturday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Ramblinrose

Re: Satisfying Saturday

Postby Ramblinrose » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:16 pm

Harriet....a mazon... night grown... just saying :lol:
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:00 am

Yay, me. I did some troubleshooting and fixed my Nutri Bullet. :idea:

Checking posts from the time I purchased (and Ramblin' recommended highly), it is 2 years 7 months old, and probably is used daily. So a little math tells me it's headed toward its 1,000th use. It's become more difficult to get the motor to start up and finally tonight it wouldn't. Looking online, I found a 7-minute troubleshooting video from a man who had called the company to get instructions. The problem is the safety feature that won't allow the motor to run unless all 3 activators (spring bars the rotor/blade presses against to start the blade humming) are depressed at the same time. So if one or two get stuck, you're stuck, too.

I learned the how-to from him and also the pitfalls - didn't hurt my hand the way he did. (he seemed really impressed with the pain, so thank goodness) And it worked! Certainly you can't get anything else to give you problems on this - very sturdy. I use 2 of the cups almost exclusively and not only do the others look new, those are still going strong after so many dishwasher trips. Happy, happy and so is HRH that we won't have this problem any more.

I started to just show him the video and step back, but I wanted it done with care and gentleness, and I do better with that. :lol:

But before I was able to fix it I was "stuck" with something between a green drink and a smoothie. I couldn't blend it, and so I drained, dumped, and chopped a little more and ate like a salad. Kale alfalfa romaine berries banana. Funny to have banana in a salad.

Yeah, I know, Ramblin'. Simplify. But I want to be able to feel the fabric - don't trust that it will be comfortable. One I had ordered before from a catalog has been discontinued, which bugs me. I could have just reordered.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:19 am

You guys are so literary talented! I love reading your writing. Chuckling as I read the page...

House is cold. I did find my 2 pairs of long underwear. They help. But they're a pain to get on and get everything adjusted overtop. I have a very favorite pair of flannel pj's that DD bought me one Christmas many years ago. I came down with the flu that trip and had a bad chill and I put those on and I swear I'd have died without them. DH called that pajama company where one can call and order pj's for their special someone and when he got the price he just about died; went to WM and got a really velvet-ey pair and wrapped them up. Very soft but synthetic material that can actually make me sweat where the old fashioned flannel doesn't. So I wear them to please him sometimes.

And I got a flannel nightgown which is lovely, long sleeves and fuzzy matching socks - but get this: it's thigh high in length! So that works with a pair of sweat pants underneath. I hate cold legs.

I've seen a lot of bare shelves after Christmas. They didn't seem to stock them back up very well after the holidays.

WM with their rearranging of the store is just "what were they thinking". I thought I'd get used to it but even though I know where things mostly are, still I miss some things and it seems like everything is just scattered helter-skelter all through the store. You should see what spell check just did with my h-s word. Actually came up with 4 alternatives I'd never heard but it doesn't like my version. Anyway, there's barely a long through aisle without running into a dead-end. And aisles so skinny it's hard to get through. It's an older store I believe they tried to fit a new floor plan into. Now I'm wondering how Sadie is doing.

Anyway, Dee, I wish I could share my long johns with you and bring my pot of turkey soup.

Harriet that is so talented to fix your blender like that.

I have a problem with my wall calendar. It is thick while I turn back the pages. I don't hang it full length with the pictures up at the top, takes too much room that way. So it is thick, and from 10 years of hanging the calendar in the same spots on my bulletin board, the holes from the push pins are opened up and it will no longer support the calendar. I find it on the floor with pushpins laying all around. So, I asked DH for a solution, some kind of hook to put into the BBoard, even if it goes through onto the wall, and his solution was to put screw hooks into the wooden frame all around. No, then it's too low and not really readable. So anyone have any ideas?

Maybe it'll warm up some tomorrow.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:52 am

I have finished with work for 2day. We went to the basement and it was a nice change. The boys played with the different toys downstairs. I dusted the rec room and did a tub of clothes, plus put away more Christmas things I found. Got the stairs taken care of too. I will work on dusting the laundry zone next. I am making progress glad for that. Had another box of wool to declutter did that.
We had a couple more portable shelf sections to come upstairs and got them up.

Return to “Post When You Can”