Satisfying Saturday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Satisfying Saturday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:17 am

I'm having a cup of tea while waiting for dh to meet me after he was at the beach. I'm amazed at how a cuppa helps settle me and make me feel satisfied.

What rituals help reset your satisfaction levels?

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Satisfying Saturday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:23 am

Long drive day. We are still 2 hours away from Fremantle but at least it is easier driving now. We made sure to do the forest drive in the morning.

We drove down to Cape Leeuwin to see the Southern ocean. It was windy and not hot so I was glad I had my jacket.

It is 15* F hotter here but still windy so I stuffed the jacket into the day pack then warmed up while walking so don't need it.

I'll write more when I get back to my computer.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:23 am

good evening to you and d lynn d kathryn! I am so happy you are having a great time! It sounds beautiful there! Sweet dreams to you all!

thank you so much for starting us today d kathryn! it is a nice way to start the day for me as it is -12 (on our outside thermometer) without windchill and I am supposed to go walk with d in laws but I am just going for coffee and enjoy my family. I am letting dd youngers car warm up, and use that one because she is still in florida, as dd older is here and her car is beyond mine.

Since I am going towards the city it should be a touch warmer - I checked chi ca go and it says -1 so that is better than what I have here. I loved that lake effect when I lived there.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:29 am

I was out of it for 2 days - the dental work usually gives me a good migraine and it didn't fail this time - basically 2 days of sleeping. I ate so so much bad stuff those two days and didn't care and now my body is feeling it. I was starving and all I wanted to do is eat and eat crud. Okay I have to move on.

Feeling a bit refreshed - heading out but dressing up as Nanook of the North

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:51 am

(((blessedw2)))

Slept fairly well off and on. Was sweating like crazy when dd woke us at 1:15 (details in J&C). I'm at the point of no taste. Only eating for the nutrients I guess. I've taken all my meds and think I'm doing a tad better this morning.

Dh and dd have taken their 2 cars to get the oil changed and tires rotated. Dsonil will be going to the hospital to see his dMom in our car. Me? I'm staying in again. So hoping we can go to church tomorrow (but have serious doubts) to vote on our pastor.

DD and I finished putting things away in the 'new' pantry/laundry room. We took off the Christmas tablecloth and took out the leaves. We used the double sided tape again on the cloth we put on and again on a clear plastic cover. Seems to be working like a charm. Best invention (for us) we've had in a long time.

I really goofed up somehow with my Christmas gifts. We sent checks to everyone this year. DDIL-A had texted that she and DS-A put their Christmas checks together (I figured they had $$ from someone else as well) and bought a much needed new printer and ink. Then I happened to check our account. There were TWO cleared for Dson & DDIL-A. Looked in my register thinking I'd written them an extra check and none for Ds-R & DDIL. Nope, I wrote two checks for DS-A and one for DS-R. So DS-A & DDIL made out well this Christmas. I did write them on different days. I suspect I wrote the first when I was still home and gave it to DDIL-A with a bunch of stuff for Christmas. Probably then bought a second card and wrote another check. Oh well, it was meant to be.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:53 am

F.I.N.A.L.L.Y. I woke up feeling almost like myself. I still have some congestion but it is soooo much better today.

DS9 has a basketball game this morning. I told DH that I suspect this will be the last year he wants to play. He isn't the best player. I like this basketball league because it is focused on teaching kids to play basketball with not much focus on the score.

After working over a dozen hours, I have reached a point in developing the homeschool lessons that I need to stop tinkering and use it. Once we use these revised lesson plans than I can adjust as needed. This has been a massive change. Several curricula were added and several removed.

Next up -
** visit hair colorist
** out the door to basketball game
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:06 am

Glad you're doing better, LadyM. I think I am -just trying not to relapse any (you too!)

I'm home alone for the first time in forever. Feels kinda nice. Have to go put our sheets in the dryer twin and maybe get the kitchen picked up.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:20 am

Our weather is normal, and ordinary wind without precip. Has been for a week or so, and rain won't come until mid-week next week. Temps are as expected, I think. The time we would expect our real lows of the winter won't be upon us until later in the month or Feb. Dstepson says he experienced 8 F one early morning so far, and was certainly wishing it was warmer, working outside in that, but it passed briefly. Thought I'd say that since Austin Granny and others like Lynlee may hear reports that suggest the whole Atlantic coast of NA is having unusual winter events. Mid-Atlantic states have little to tell. I'm sure I'll be complaining later on, but that's normal, too.

Lynlee, I'm so sorry to hear the grains/seeds blend spilled, but there may be a bird who is super grateful! Frustrating.

I believe I can say the Crossroads of Order arrived in an orderly manner today. Laundry load is still tumbling, but if it had happened to be drip-dry I'd be through, so I'm counting that as a win.

Will get some mail to the box, and in theory could try to go to PO for stamps - don't know if it's that important to me to get this church Desk Day out of the house and off my mind. thinking.

Otherwise, need to think in terms of company probably coming this afternoon and whether house would be ready. HRH invited several in my late dfil Joe's family, but I doubt they'll come today because several have colds, they say. Still, it's prime visit time.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:23 am

Dee, does your church have a provision for a "proxy" for voting? Our synagogue allows us to give a "proxy" to another to vote in our place if we can't be there. We always sweat having the quorum (and proxies count toward the quorum) so it's encouraged, right up to the time the meeting starts.
So hoping we can go to church tomorrow (but have serious doubts) to vote on our pastor.

I'm loving being home alone too. I've done some of a.m. routine, dishwasher is going (forgot to start it last night) and washing machine is going. I'm meeting M at the Y at 3:30 for our workouts this afternoon, then dh and I are meeting friends at 7 p.m. for dinner out.

I've not walked the dog yet, still too cold for me (Feels like 13 degrees.) I'll walk her a little later. Right now I am going to do tai chi practice. No one is home to see how awkward it looks! :lol:
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:19 pm

home again - I had a lovely time with d sis in laws. I do wish my other d sis in law would come but it is so early for her.
No Headache today!!!! yay yay yay thank you d dee! You wishes must have been what made me get rid of the rest of the headache!
I don't feel the need to eat junk any more - thank goodness. the house looks lived in and not spotless so working on getting my act together again.
I did stop by the bakery that makes soup and bought two quarts of potato leek soup for dinner and rosemary chicken salad for later

It is warmer - thank goodness 9 degrees F! d mom said it 60 F by her which is good even though cold for that area but it is better than the 37 they had the other night.

I am going to do a load of laundry
work in the entry paper work

hi d dee still sending prayers of health and healing your way ((())) It sounds like it was meant to be - things like this happen!

d lady I am glad you are almost feeling like yourself again

hi d harriet thinking of your d stepson who has to work outside in the cold weather. I hope you find the best solution for yourself today - whatever clears your mind and any stress.

hi d twins I am so happy you are enjoying time alone at home! stay warm!!!

Return to “Post When You Can”