Standby Sunday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Standby Sunday

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:10 pm

felt bad but I had to tell dh he was delving into the past a lot again. :shock: it was getting bad again - not a little but all the time. I want him to be able to share about the past but not if it takes over every conversation.

pulled cards '
dishes finally full enough to turn on - so that the dishes are now washing themselves :D
surface swipe the counters -
meds taken
feeling cranky ;)
I don't have bedroom cards made up yet so I will do that now. used d harriets cleaning focus to make cards for rooms upstairs :D

going with dd older for a pedicure :D actually much needed - I am not a primper normally but this is always nice when I actually do it.

had to shave the cat a bit as I haven't been able to get the knots that started out - they love to rub their backs under the front room furniture and I think that and their winter fur and the oils that come with that cause the cats to tangle. The other kitty has some but not bad - I can probably brush that out.
Last edited by blessedw2 on Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:13 pm, edited 4 times in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:18 pm

LM I agree and got some pocket size note books like those too small gave one to h he used one for u tube notes. :idea:

I have journaled toying with the idea of a faith bujo for my next one this yr.

I am posting from my stat bike.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:02 pm

I guess I could say, Blessed, that the vote did not go well. Was afraid of that. And in the middle of the vote was the fact that there were some who had left who did not care for this pastor and they were there to cast their vote today. One of them had asked for the exact count and the chairperson vetoed that idea. It was enough for them to know that the vote was no. It had to be a 75% vote positive for him to be 'called'. My and dd's vote would not have made a difference at all. Some of the search committee were visibly upset and I'm sure it's pretty devastating for the pastor and his dwife. So, back to ground zero and I'm sure those who were on the search committee would decline continuing. And so the dissension begins I'm afraid.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:08 pm

I am so so sorry d dee - I will pray for the pastor and his wife to find a good position that they and their flock can be happy and grow together. I will also pray for your church as it goes through this process. Such a shame.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:55 pm

Lunch is over dishwasher is going now. Finishing the last half of the bee movie. Boiled and peeled eggs for h lunches this week. Hens have been fed and eggs collected. I dusted the laundry room window sills today and folded & put away laundry. Made good steafy 4ward progress on my home blessing this weekend yea! Mirriors are next not sure if I will get to them before tomorrow.

Bw2 good for U saying that to your h. It was time.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:14 pm

hello d nancy great on forward work on blessing your home

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:15 pm

in the process of repairing sewn/knitted Christmas items before put away - one done

ordered fabric online because I couldn't find it anywhere else.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:38 pm

Wow, Dee. Must be quite a surprise, at least you can't feel guilty that you didn't make it for the vote.

Dh and I saw the Winston Churchill movie, I loved it. Went to a specialty grocery like WF for what I needed for soup tonight. Might nap for 30 min before I get started.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:08 pm

No, Twins, our vote would not have made a difference. Dh is a little upset at the people who had left were there to vote today and that did sway the vote. I can understand that the search committee is quite upset as I'm sure are the pastor and his wife. Here we go. It will be interesting to see what takes place now and where we go from here.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:53 pm

We had 4 hours of no internet service at home. It was an ISP system-wide failure.

Church today was very enjoyable. We asked some VDFriends to join us for lunch at our favorite restaurant. It was good to catch up with them.

I have surprised myself how much I captured today just by having a pen/paper available. As thoughts, ideas, to-do's went flying through my mind I wrote them down. It is a little disconcerting to document that I have a very busy sidetrackable mind and the attention span & memory of a gnat. OH LOOK - a squirrel. :?

A couple hours after I canceled the order for the 3x5" planner I received a text telling me it has shipped. A small part of me is sorta glad. I can hold and look at it and then make the final decision to return it or not.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Return to “Post When You Can”