In Motion Monday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Re: In Motion Monday

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:18 pm

My day has gone well. I have been on schedule for the past 10 hours.

Homeschool lessons went smoothly today. DS9 was enthusiastic and did his best. I discovered some changes that need to be made to the new lesson plans, but it is an organizational thing not a curriculum change.

I taught DS9 how to make one of his favorite meals. He likes the recipe using meatballs, grape jelly, and chili sauce. I added mashed potatoes and green beans as side dishes.

My home weekly chores for today was gathering trash (from 9 cans) in prep for tomorrow trash day. I washed each can as I emptied them. I usually don't wash the trash cans on a weekly basis but it happened today.

My other weekly home chore for today is deep cleaning the 4 bedrooms. I haven't got to that chore yet. I need to have both kids PUPA in their bedrooms first. I'm letting them have a break after being in school all day. But most of all - I'M TAKING A BREAK before I get started on it.

I am a bit surprised how weak I am. Being sick for 10 days really did a number on my stamina. I did start back on my walking today so hopefully, it won't take too long to build my stamina up to normal.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:43 pm

I have been in motion today with rest breaks in between. Letting go of my rock collection has been a blessing for others during this time of year I am glad I picked this time of year to do it.

I have laundry sorted & going now 1st load is in the dryer.

LM wtg on the cooking w your son.
Last edited by Nancy on Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:51 pm

I am sorry you are feeling so weak d lady. have you been checked with a chest x ray - they didn't think I had pneumonia but I did according to my x ray - I was really weak and that's why I went in.
wonderful that you d son was so enthusiastic and that your day went well and on schedule!

came back from store - tried wh ole foods - way too expensive for my taste. I didn't get much for the money I spent. There are more organics at the regular store I go to.
I did find the beyond meat burgers though which I have been wanting to try.
groceries put away :D
stopped for boxes for left over ornaments (not plastic - as the ornaments will be going up in the hall closet)

make dinner even though I am not hungry. done :D
spoke to d brother and found out he had been sick with the influenza but is feeling better. Next year he said he is getting himself a flu shot.

spoke to dd younger and she is tired but the severe pain has wained.

Next: pull all white laundry and wash
Last edited by blessedw2 on Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:23 pm

Hi everyone! I finally got finished with CUOP. I have been doing modifications to 6 reports and have not been looking in diligently! This weekend, I kicked butt in the kitchen. I made some progress on the table, but the major accomplishment was the pantry. Completely decluttered and organized. It was embarrassing how old some of my spices were! All that were not WAY too old are cinnamon and garlic powder. All that remains (I think) for the kitchen is: finish primary kitchen table, declutter/organize silverware drawer, refrigerator/freezer declutter/organize and clean, printer counter, and bookshelf. Payday was Friday and B&B is complete. As usual, there is not much left. DD15 and I made church and I got her to youth group. I also updated the church website. Briggs went to the vet and got antibiotics and a doughnut of shame. This is similar to a cone of shame, but is an inflatable torus around the neck.

DD is going to talk to the principle about the Mardi Gras trip. I forgot to remind her to tell him that MG in Mobile is not the same as the more famous one. It is a family event and not risque. Principle will probably discourage her from attempting the trip for that reason alone, regardless of the academic effect.

Tonight is dance class and grocery store. I need to pick up birthday cards for two friends. I get a reprieve from one animal org chore - the board meeting is postponed. I may try to get it all done anyway, the chores won't go away.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:45 pm

I've created a google photo album for my trip pictures.

I apologize for the quality of the photos. I've uploaded the low-res versions I created to add to my emails (or to add to the MO section here) except for a few taken with my phone.

I'll work on fixing that problem going forward.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/RnXU5aLSzSbuAmmZ2

Let me know if you can't see this. You may have to have a google account.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:43 pm

so so cool d kathryn!!! thank you for sharing - loved the pics!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:45 pm

hi d nancy hello hello

hi d elizabeth yay on working on that kitchen so well awesome!

dinner prepped and eaten and now the dishes are washing themselves and stove is clean :D

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:05 pm

Lovely pics K in C.

H is home he got cough drops & chicken.

I have w tubs of clothes folded. One more still going in the dryer.
Last edited by Nancy on Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:20 pm

Thanks, Kathryn. So great to see you two 'down under'! :D
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:48 pm

Waving from Tuesday
Good morning to Kathryn. I loved reading your tour blog.
I'm glad you missed all the kangaroos on the road. Those accidents can be killers, and no one is happy with a big kangaroo through the windscreen of a car.

My outing with DD and family started at 5. Chemist shope first for sunburn treatment. Despite repeated application of sunscreen the girls were burnt from water park sessions on the giant inflatables in the lagoon.
Walk on the beach 40 min or so. A beautiful scene and not at all crowded.
Dinner in the resort restraunt, then DD drove me home. We went a different route from the on MsSatNav or whoever suggested, a road we both knew better. It had to think on its feet as we used different rat run streets through town.

Today I felt queezy, so bicarb and water, more water and slowly eaten bfst seem to have improved things.
I returned a ph call to dd2, and we had a nice chat.

Another warm day, 33C 91F inside.

I'll make looking after my digestive system a priority for today, hoping that all feels better soon.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Return to “Post When You Can”