Terrific Tuesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

Re: Terrific Tuesday

Postby DeeClutter » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:33 pm

I guess if he should pass out, I could call the ambulance and THEN he would see a doctor.
Sounds like a plan....I'll just pray he doesn't hit his head in the process.

I've decided not to "go" to our church council meeting up north tonight. Mainly because I just keep coughing and that would be very disruptive to both the council and me trying to take notes. So I opted out and sent a text to our chairperson. Wasn't even thinking of that aspect earlier. Couldn't mute so they wouldn't hear me because then I wouldn't hear what was transpiring.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:31 pm

all the veggies are cut and everything else is measured out - cooking the cubed mash potatoes and now cooking down the red onions

It sounds like a good idea that you stayed home. it is a rough cold!

we just had a young grammar school child died during spring break from the flu virus - it hit his heart - so so sad. My heart hurts for them!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:50 pm

I had a good day. I spent a while writing, hoping I kind of have my mojo back to work on portfolio or at least writing.

I had a good workout at the Y also! May be sore tomorrow....
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:58 pm

I watched a episode of AD on net flicks, did my weekly reading, played with my journal planners.

I have laundry in the dryer, unloaded the bookcase moved it to my bedroom so kids cannot mess with it. Dusted it off and re shelved the books so I could go to bed tonight. Hens are back in the coop.

H is home not very hungry. I will have left overs.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:04 pm

Blessed: Lynlee and I are currently only in the same hemisphere.

Today she is 2 hours ahead of me.

Friday morning, she'll be 3 hours behind me.

Then I'll be a half hour behind her

Finally I'll be an hour ahead of her before leaving the continent.

I think.

Australia has 3 time zones but each state decides what it will do about summer-time so while Lynlee and I will be in the same time zone at the end of my trip, her state doesn't do summer-time so we'll not be at the same time.

Imagine trying to set up conference calls! (This is why dh only sets the time for his international calls as UTC and the individuals can figure out what time it is locally.)

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:30 pm

thank you for telling me d kathryn - really interesting! - glad you are having a wonderful time!

hi d twins and d nancy
dinner is in oven and dishes are ready to be put on
it is always a joy to be here with you!

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:59 pm

Hello, villagers ~
Checking in but I have not cuop yet.

I see that I haven't posted here in this thread for 7 days. The short version:
Wednesday = work (make up hours from New Year's Day Monday holiday)
Thursday = work (trying to get back to normal schedule)
Friday thru Saturday = 25-hour webinar livestream (description in AC&N)
Sunday = finished December & year-end reports, my final set as sewing group treasurer; update files to be ready to transfer to new person
Monday = work normal shift; before & after work, sorting thru treasurer's paperwork and computer files to make sure I wasn't forgetting anything
Today = meet with new treasurer to hand over the checkbook, notebook, and first box of files

I still have 2 huge boxes full of past financial records from the group that I need to go through to pull out what we are required to keep and throw away the rest. It's obvious that previous treasurers have never decluttered the files, only added their paperwork to the boxes and moved them along to the next person. The local group has been around for 26 years. That's a lot of monthly reports and budget worksheets and paperpaperpaper. The project needed someone with enough background in the group to confidently make decisions about what to shred. I guess that's me! 8-) It won't be a horrible job once I get into it because I like working with numbers. Actually, it will be a trip down memory lane to revisit past group activities.

The problem has always been having the block of time, the energy, the motivation, and the deadline to get the job done. I don't really have a deadline -- the new person is so overwhelmed by the present activities that she doesn't care about the past documentation. I have the motivation right now because, one way or another, I want these huge boxes out of my house. I will find the time.

DH has a horrible cold. I'm doing my best to not catch it.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:50 pm

Best wishes on that, BookSaver. I'm sure he's trying to keep it from happening, too. Hope he's better soon.

Was able to allow the chickens time on the lawn today - something they haven't been able to enjoy in a while. I sat and read a book at the picnic table just in case a predator got any ideas.

Had won an auction on ebay for a private seller's lot of greeting cards that all have decorated envelopes, even though they are varied, orphan cards. I really like decorated envelopes, and of course I love to find odd one-of-a-kinds. Sooooo.... ... used this opportunity when they arrived to set up my Greeting Card Organizer Box. Works out fine. A chance to work with index cards, lol, even though they are way oversized and actually tabbed dividers.

Trying to do a little organization every day. I have worked on cardfile box some, too.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:52 pm

Good luck with NOT catching it, Booksaver. Thought I was 'good' and then WHAM!
It won't be a horrible job once I get into it because I like working with numbers.
I love working with numbers too. Found myself a bit sad that I'm almost through with doing these reports. Seemed so much easier this year and I loved working with the numbers.

Off to bed, hoping I can keep this infernal cough away tonight.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:05 pm

Harriet wrote: Sooooo.... ... used this opportunity when they arrived to set up my Greeting Card Organizer Box.

I have a binder with dividers and page protectors and sort my greeting cards with multiple cards in the page protectors (using them as pockets.) Blank cards just go into a box labeled "blank inside". All this is tucked into the desk portion of one my secretaries (I have 2 plus a tiny roll top desk; I seem to collect desks as well as suitcases, since we have 3 more large desks!)

I'm now officially up and at-it. Helped dh pack his things this morning, s2s and walked to work with him. Came back and have had my breakfast. I'll pack next, at least my first round of packing.

Dh's suitcase was over 23kg in Sydney (he had added his sweater which is heavy.) We have a 32 kg limit for the Qantas ticket but we are limited to 23 kg on the other tickets. My suitcase is only 17.5 kg so I'm busy trying to find light, bulky, things to put in his suitcase and heavy, dense, things to put in mine. Our bags are the same design but he as the 28" and I have the 24" version so I have space limitations he doesn't have. Books and tech stuff is going in mine, he has my pillow now and I'll probably add my laundry. The hiking poles have to stay in his because of length.

Return to “Post When You Can”