Running Wednesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Running Wednesday

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:03 am

Either you run the day or the day runs you. -Jim Rohn

Today is errand day here, so I'll be on the run.

On the other hand, I'm running the day by planning, looking ahead at obstacles and charting the path.

Which of us is running the day? And how many are letting the day run us?
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

DeeClutter
Administrator

Re: Running Wednesday

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:04 am

Think I was letting the 'run me', Twins. I've looked for 2 hours through old emails (both sent and received) to see if I could find any mention of last year's Annual Meeting at church up home. Nothing, notta, no way. So far the gal who has taken notes has sent me the council meeting notes from last January and the Annual Meeting minutes from 2015. I'm sure she has them buried somewhere. :roll:

I'm still hacking my way through the night and day. Hoping it goes away. Dsisil called me this morning to let me know her niece is here from near Philly. I knew that and I really want to get over to see her but not to give this crud away. Dsisil was really surprised that we're still sick. Nature of the beast.

LadyM, I meant to tell you the other day that New York stopped sending out reminders of registrations being due at least 2 years ago. Reminded me to check ours. Not due till next year.

Been trying to find out for sure if DS-R & ddil are coming down next month. She had texted dd and me a couple of weeks ago about dates in February. Texted her again yesterday but still haven't heard back from her. :? We haven't told dh of their plans and I'm rather glad at this point that we haven't.

Time to get busy and 'run the day'.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:09 am

I'm running the day here! A.m. routine and a lol are underway. I have a list for the day and I've done a little more on putting the last of Hanukkah away and "resetting" after the party. I need to finish up a.m. routine and get moving again.

-breakfast and meds
-s2s
-walk the ddog
-get stuff from upstairs to donate today (make a list?)
-make the bed

I have cleaned the kitchen, breakfast room table and breakfast bar, put the Dining room and foyer to rights, taken out recycling to street and kitchen garbage to garage.

LadyM, here we do receive a mailed notice for renewal. Last summer, ds took his car and got the required emission inspection that has to be done before renewal, and didn't realize he had to do the rest. He had a police car follow him into the neighborhood shortly before he moved out, and dh realized then his tag wasn't current. (The car followed him until he pulled into the driveway.) We had several suspicious cars driving through for awhile and a couple of attempted break ins so the police were being extra cautious. So even receiving a notice, he didn't get it done. The perils of "adulting."
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:21 am

I thought of d helia with this title :D

d twins I really like that quote - I never thought of the day like that before! Well done on looking ahead before you start your day!
thank you for starting us! Yay on running your day and it not running you! :D

hi d dee I hope she finds those notes! I am hoping you are on the healing side of that cold.

Illinois did the same thing - no notices for a couple years and a lot of people received tickets. They started sending notices again in 2017
what our state made on fines because of not sending out notices
TOTAL 2016 FINES (Jan - March) $4.9 million
TOTAL 2015 FINES (Jan - March) $2.2 million

Good Morning Good morning!

The perils of "adulting."
oh my gosh I LOVED this!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:51 am

I have a bunch from yesterday (I over goaled big time)

today is an at home day!

last night I didn't sleep until 3 am and don't know why - I, hanging head in shame big big big time, ate a can of dh's spaghettio's and meatballs at 2 am and I don't even like them.... laying down in bed mind you- out of the can and cold watching a movie- how did I do that - oh my goodness what happened to me last night. ( :shock: ) - feeling stuffed and embarrassed which is probably a good thing because I won't be doing that again. ;) hopefully. I find it is better to tell. Told dh today and he laughed - me not that thrilled with my lack of will power.

I don't want to get sucked down the rabbit hole so shutting down the computer and in ten minutes using the timer

s2s

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:04 pm

Slept ok. Breakfast done. I need to s2s. Feed hens.and start the zone work moving rolling carts to get to dresser on wheels vacumm under those when I do home blessing maybe tomorrow bc of rain in forecast changing my chores up a bit bc of that. Desk day been working on my book piles in various locations.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:23 pm

"adulting."

Yes, this is what we call it when our kids figure out one of those things that they've been sheltered from so far in their life. Dfriend M has one the same age so we compare notes. :lol:

I need to walk the ddog and bring down the donation stuff and another bag of garbage since our can got emptied yesterday. Today the recycle bin gets emptied so I can refill it.

I'll head out on my errand run then:
-return casserole dish from 31 Dec party
-drugstore
-gas the car
-cleaners
-drop off charitable stuff
-groceries

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:55 pm

Our trash day is Wednesday normally and recycle bin is Thursday, Twins. Holiday weeks it changes. Back to a 'normal' schedule now.

Just finished putting some bins in the pantry (bought them well before Christmas at the $ store.) DD will be surprised when she gets home I think. We had hamburg stroganoff for dinner and there's just about enough left for dh and I to finish it up for lunch. Have the office all pupa. Did the dishes and put away the clean ones from last night.

As soon as I finish the Annual report and it's sent up to the secretary -another couple of days (I hope) I plan to start filing and scanning. Have a bunch of things I want to accomplish in the next few months. Think dd and I will be leaving for up north the day after Memorial Day. She finishes school the Friday before. We just don't want to mess with all that Memorial Day traffic. No way! So it'll give us 3 days to finish up anything here that we want to do. Chances are that dsonil will be going north with dh.(driving separately). Friend of ours has offered him a job with his company -part time. Dh has been trying to get him hired by dh's boss for the summer season. But boss seemed reluctant to do that. He wanted someone "local". Well dsonil would be for the duration of the season. He'll go up there and stay in their motorhome. If he gets hired up there they will try to get a permanent site however. Would be considerably cheaper than paying seasonal by the week.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:10 pm

i stayed on task since the last time I came here. :D Cards pulled and separated - No timer needed this time - I used d twins wisdom - running with Wednesday
kitchen dailies done
dejunked from fridge :D
counters again :D
cleaned sink :D
rinsed the dishes (pots) from last night that didn't go into dw :D
emptied dw that I put on last night :D
I know what we are having for dinner ;)
swiffer vacuumed the kitchen :D
swiffer rinsed the kitchen floor :D
put away
mindless clutter: I had the step stool in the kitchen for a week - I had planned on getting the village down from the dining buffet but never did it (hope to do it today) :D
load drying and load (whites) washing (why I make this a difficult job I never know - I had a lot less whites than i though) ;)
shaved finally the other squeamish cat of knots I couldn't get out and shaved the back of the shepherd as she is getting older 12 and is not as neat as she once was. I have a feeling she will smell better. gross but it is what it is. also pull nail clippers for tonight and brush for tonight for dogs :D
listened to french again from the beginning as a tickler for my memory :D

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:13 pm

Good morning everyone! Last night was dinner and homework with DD15, not exciting, but successful. She did not talk to the principle Monday, because she decided it was more important to get her schoolwork done than go to Mardi Gras. This is the second time she has made a similar decision. The xBFF's daughter made the same choice. She is 17 and could have traveled independently. Guess they are adulting too. My traveling companion friend is going to decide today. If she does not go, I will skip as well. In answer to lucylee's question, Mardi Gras in Mobile does predate the celebration in New Orleans by about 20 years. The one in NO was founded by people who moved from Mobile.

While DD worked, I also worked. The last drawer in the kitchen is decluttered, cleaned, and organized. I did not finish the printer counter, but did get a start, and found some of my dad's artwork that I need to frame and hang.

In honor of anti-procrastination day, I have made a list of 5:
  1. broiler check
  2. animal org form
  3. clear kitchen table
  4. finish clearing printer counter
  5. birthday cards and thank you cards
If there is time, I should put away my suitcase and all in it from my Christmas travels :oops: . At some point during a break at payroll, I need to consolidate and organize some lists.

In answer to those who have advised me on the xBFF, know that I am pretty much avoiding her. I am not being rude, of course, and will send her an owed thank you note. However, it is minimal contact, seeing her only at large parties. I see humor in the situation sometimes, too.

Congratulations to Ramblinrose on her retirement.

Mr. In-Canada should wear the sweater instead of packing it. If it is too hot, he can tie it around his waist.

Return to “Post When You Can”