THURSDAY TICKET

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

THURSDAY TICKET

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:11 am

Sounded like Kathryn needed a ticket last night. what's your ticket for today? I still need a get well ticket. Maybe it's in MY other purse. Glad you found a solution for your boarding pass, Kathryn. Have fun.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Re: THURSDAY TICKET

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:23 am

He is so good with assisting me when I wait and ask instead of trying to do everything myself.
Oh that is so true here, Cathy. I constantly hear, "Why don't you ask for help?"

Tummy is giving me woes this morning. Hopefully it's just this cold working its way out.

Finally got the minutes from last year's annual meeting this morning. I'm doing the happy puppy dance (carefully). Going in and reformat that now. Then I'm only waiting for the auditors' report. Thinking I may print it off here so I don't have to make a long file (that always seems to get messed up in the doing). If I get it printed off I can mail it priority to the secretary up home and it will be all ready for her to copy. Don't think I've ever been done this early, this easily. Of course I still have to number the pages (all of which are in separate files right now) and then do the table of contents.

Well, I've finished my breakfast, now to finish my coffee and on to other things -like getting my hair washed. Dh has his first Trustees meeting at church this afternoon -first meeting post pastoral negative vote. Could be interesting. I'm pretty much seeing a division in the church. The vote was 21/18. If it was a majority vote it would have been Yes, but we have to have 75%. But even with that even amount there probably would have been a huge split. This Sunday is Women's Sunday so there'll be a cooling off period before a pastor takes the pulpit. Wondering what our interim will do since it was him who we voted on as pastor. I would almost think he'll feel he has to resign. Because it really was a 'vote of confidence'. Taking the attitude that "this also shall pass".
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:27 am

Hi! Woke up at 7 as usual. Spent time stitching while I enjoyed my hot chocolate. Got dressed and put out garbage. Most of our driveway looks wet and slippery. It is currently 10C, so most of the snow has melted. There was no way I was walking down that icy looking driveway, so I put the garbage bag on the trunk of my car and drove it down. It's also very windy here. Dh has already told me that he is taking my car to work tomorrow as we are expecting a huge storm. His truck has all season tires and my car has winter tires, which is why he wants to take it.

Living room needs to be swept and all the usual décor put back. Most of that stuff has been in the pantry, so I can get back to normal in there as well.

I really need to make a run to a thrift store today.

Hi Dee!
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:32 am

I did errands yesterday glad bc rains woke me in the nite. I got up did sone stuff in creativity room cutting pages to fit a smaller half sheet note book. Went back to bed and slept. One quarter of inch of rain in our forecast today. Journaling done. Bs is okay.

Ticket for crafting for me today I have a knit dish cloth 3/4 ths of the way done.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:19 am

I'm taking dog out for walk, may be sprinkling a bit but we'll manage. Later I'm taking dcousin J to have lunch with mom, and later in the the afternoon I need to workout. My day is pretty broken up.

I was worn out yesterday by the running and then Tai chi in the p.m. but it all went well. Ds room is now clear except for the stuff the "J unk King" will pick up. Need to put tags or something on other stuff and I can have dh call him.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:43 am

Morning...

Up and moving. Perry’s on and I’m on my second cup of coffee.

Did a lot of organizing with my genealogy stuff yesterday and was able to get much accomplished. Transcribed .... no other word for it... a letter written to my 3rd generation grandmother who was just 19 in 1847 from her cousin. The handhandwriting was written in the cursive that was popular during the day and with all those fancy letters plus the ink from the quill pen made it quite difficult to read. I may post it in MO because it will give you a remarkable glimpse of life during those time.

We have a new Sprouts that just open in my area and I made visit there today. Plus I would like to buy new towels and such to coordinate withe the new bed spread I bought for my guest bed room. I have a very larg pictures I would like to hang as well. In pre-Sweetie times I would do it myself. I have a very good eye for hanging picture so I never need to measure anything. Sweetie is an engineer and you know what that means....measure,measure, measure and then measure some more. He does a wonderful job but he always ends up right where I eyed it in the first place :lol:

However the picture is very large and will be much easier to hang with two people holding on to it.

Ok, time to start my day. I was up late last night writing a short story... something I wanted to get back to for a while, so I’m a little slow this morning, but Perry is boring and I’ve finished my routine so I might as well use my “ticket” to ride.

Cya later ...enjoy your day :D
Last edited by Ramblinrose on Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:12 pm

Up. S2S... makeup, breakfast, Bible... read the paper...
The Man is nowhere to be seen. I think he would have called if he were NOT going to be able to bring the dryer back today... but who knows?
I'm about to fall asleep at the computer. Six hours sleep is NOT enough.
Tomorrow is another day.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:20 pm

By the 10:00 a.m. Crossroads things were running pretty smoothly around here, with only the dryer still tumbling with a load of kitchen towels - some in line for washing, some just because they don't smell so good.

By the way, how do ya'll store your clean dish towels? I have grown disappointed in storing mine in a drawer in the kitchen. As I pull them out to start using them they have an odor. I think the first problem is that I also store potholders and hotpads here and these may have a very hard life - maybe with more spatters or drips sneaking up on them when we don't even notice, plus not getting washed as often anyway - utility things, not "pretty" or ever on display much. I think another problem could be that the bottom drawer in this line-up is for root vegetables, and earthy odors could be rising. Okay for utensils, but not good for toweling! Meantime, I'm considering a large plastic bag for just towels and putting them back into the drawer, but I'm on the lookout for a better idea. My aprons are always in the bedroom in a drawer since I consider them clothing.

I read Dee's post through twice. Hope you have a good Women's Sunday! Who will bring your message then?

King cakes are now sold seasonally at the front of the Pub lix here, as you walk through the door, in a display. No grocery store had ever done that until them - they are our newest addition to the grocery wars here. HT bought by Kro gers, Bi Lo virtually gone, Lowes Foods closing many stores , Al dis much more of a presence, FLion (last local people) closing Bloom stores and taking all back to the FL name, etc. And of course now WMart is a huge grocery presence, Tarjay somewhat. I was extremely faithful to HT for decades, but not any more, since local people won't get the money now, and K means nothing to me. Sorry, off on a grocery tangent. The point was that I knew what a King cake was because it's been mentioned in our village. The cake was featured in an episode of The Great British Baking Show, but the history was not discussed.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:35 pm

good morning I over slept until 9 am :shock:

hi d harriet I get that sometimes - i rewash them with vinegar only first then wash them with detergent and a softener. But it does sound like your food at the bottom (the oder) is seeping in - if you want to keep them in that drawer you can always first line it with a thin plastic garbage bag and put your towels in it - twist a bit the top of the bag sealing it a bit (no ties) - this way you can just in each time. the oder eating things probably would work well under the towels as well - like those baking soda etc packets.

its funny we don't see king cakes here very often - once in a blue moon

hi d rose good morning as well love that you are searching your genealogy.

hi d twins enjoy your walk with your d dog

hi d nancy enjoy your crafting day

hi d cathy what a lovely way to start your day - hot chocolate and stitching!

hi d dee - your the ticket for us! thank you for starting all of us today. hope your tummy issues mean the last of all the goop you have had to have.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:52 pm

starting out slow today - did get a chance to have a nice chat with dh as usual in the am. I had a fruit mash up smoothie that I didn't expect to be good but was - it was a put together thing at the store: grapefruit, one date, different berries - it made a cup but it was good - I didn't expect the date to be good but it was.

today: get the ingredients for orange chicken that I don't have - I will make the brown rice this morning and measure it out - keep proportions real.
http://www.donalskehan.com/recipes/oran ... ried-rice/ new recipe for me.

I need to continue laundry
my hope is to work in the front room/living room as I still have the boxes from Christmas there to put away

things I would like to do this weekend: take the box of stuff from girls bathrooms and put it on the dining room table for dd older to look through when she is here to see what she wants to keep and toss the rest.

Heading to the kitchen to pull my cards for today. I am hoping to be home most of the day as I am not feeling 100%. feeling a bit tired and weak; not weak weak but I do feel like sleeping again. mmmm
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Return to “Post When You Can”