Friday Fun

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Friday Fun

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:42 pm

quick hi! the last couple nights I have struggled falling asleep and staying asleep - I know it's temporary as I have gone through this before. My body feels tight and a bit stressful and that makes sleep impossible. Thinking I may have to change something to sleep again. But it is a new day! :D

Sweet dreams d kathryn! Glad the town quieted down!

really neat d lilac that your dd looked like your dh on that app. I don't think my dd's look like any of us either but they do and don't resemble each other. So sweet that you look like your d mom! enjoy grocery shopping

hi d dee I am hoping it is the downside of the cold! yay on getting your decorations away. cheering you on to getting your strength back.

hi d nancy have a great day!

hi d rose! Good for you for getting things to spruce up you bathroom. I am sure it will look lovely.

hi d lady - I have solar lights that I have had for years and they still work. I agree - whats not to like about coffee cold or hot! have a great day too. thank you also!

Hello and sweet dreams d lyn
Waving To Kathryn across the ditch.
and to Nancy on the far side of the lake.

I loved that. the fairy lights sound lovely.

to all I wish you the best!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:47 pm

The day is moving along here. Morning routines all done. Finalized the paperwork and had customers sign it and I sent it off in the fax machine. We'll see what they do with that.

It's gray, maybe rain later?

Couple days ago DH cut our neighbors' grass (the husband who died at Christmas) and weed-eated. Thought that was awfully nice of him. They said they'd let us know when they were to have a memorial service, we definitely want to attend.

That's it here. Need to go eat something.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:50 pm

Waving to all! I did zone work and dusted my dresser in creativity room, put away books, desk is usable again now. I painted some word rocks they are drying now. Had my breakfast. S2s happened. Harmony It is a grey day here too we might get sun later on I hope.

Edited to add: did a pupa in master bedroom, rounded up laundry and it is going, folded and put away one load.
Last edited by Nancy on Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:06 pm

Good morning! I have made a lot of progress on one report already. Doing that led me to an issue in another which I corrected as well. It's always nice when I find the errors rather than the users!

Last night was Girls' Night Out, which was, predictably, dinner with homework. However, there was one huge difference. The x and the other woman are really sick with the flu and requested that DD15 stay with me. Unlike at her old school, I am able to get her to the bus stop and myself to carpool on time and she would not have to wait alone in the dark two hours before school starts. We had not realized this until now, so it opens up options that did not exist before. The bad part is that it was very stressful for me to have a change in my morning routine and I had bizarre nightmares all night and slept badly. I had to give the cat an allergy pill again, but I allowed for that possibility in my planning. I made DD take her shower the night before, because I was NOT going to wake up an hour earlier! In my house, everything that can be done at night is done at night. She who does not like that can learn to set her own alarm rather than relying on mom to wake her up! To her credit, when mom wakes her up, up she gets.

While DD did homework, I finally got around to an animal org chore I had been putting off for a ridiculously long time. It took at least an hour and a half but it is DONE! I did not get anything else I wanted done, but that was my biggest WTF for a while now. Today, I need to organize and prioritize my lists. I forgot yesterday.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:22 pm

Hi!

I have French bread doing it's thing in the bread maker. (That's fun!) I have had a shower and I will try to do dishes today. The septic field is saturated and most of the front and back yard are under water. It's been pouring rain here. Current temp is 12C and it's supposed to freeze tonight.

I forgot to ask dh to cut up the whole chicken I defrosted last night. I want to make him some fried/baked chicken for supper. I guess I will attempt it myself. Besides, I like to surprise him.

His doctor is quite happy with how he is progressing and has reduced his blood pressure medicine to half. So far, dh has lost 31 pounds from what we can figure.

I put 2 small pillows behind my back last night and dh said I didn't snore at all.

The not-so-fun thing today was that I woke up with 4 cold sores this morning. Dh mentioned that he thought he had a cold sore on his upper lip yesterday. All 4 of mine are on the bottom lip... I have always had cold sores and cankers, so it's nothing new for me. I put tea tree oil on them and they calmed right down. That tingle is already gone.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:24 pm

how great you were able to have your dd over night! So special! You probably didn't sleep well because you had to make sure she wasn't late. I hope tonight is more restful d elizabeth! I love your WTF - it is on a card for me now! hope you have a good day.

hi d cathy - french bread!!! wonderful. I am so sorry you woke up with cold sores - they are painful! Hope they go away fast. I didn't know about tea tree oil for cold sores. have a good day too!

I am still physically edgy - no reason

okay now to work to keep my mind busy - finally going to pull my cards.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:49 pm

Just now getting here to post, I've tried to read all morning and kept flitting off.

I have worked out some details of my trip to Salt Lake city, had to go online and select seats, called the hotel to add my room mate to the room, and checked on H ilton Honors status whether it entities us to breakfast.

I am working on a couple of genealogy things today. I had to take dd to the airport this a.m. to rent a car - she is taking three teens to Charlotte NC for a youth "convention" for the long weekend. She was here at 8:30. Dcleaning lady has come and gone.

Cathy said:
I forgot to ask dh to cut up the whole chicken I defrosted last night.
I always get dh to do this, he worked at a KFC when he was in HS or college so he's great at it.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Lilac

Postby Lilac » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:55 pm

Well I am ready to go to the grocery store but it is so cold that I don't want to leave the house.

Wednesday night at about 11 the wind kicked up and was howling. They were saying 70 mph winds and I believe it. We had a dusting of snow. The little girls school that is 30 miles east of us, cancelled school. It was worse there than here. Dsil brought the girls over around noon with take out lunch. Dgs13 had his first basketball game an hour east of us. After school dd2 stopped by with dgs13 and picked up dgd6 to go to the game with them. Dgd8 stayed here and I took her to gymnastics. Her daddy picked her up and then met dd2 on the highway to pick dgd12 and dgd6, and get them on home. Dd2 then had to come to town to pick up dgs13. Rules are rules but you would think that they could have let him ride home with his mom this one time and save her a trip to town to pick him up. Anyway another day of her being gone 14+ hours from home. She is really regretting their move to the country. She is away from home so many hours a week and makes a lot of trips to town when someone decides they need fill-in the blank. They didn't save any money not having a house payment when you consider all the gas they use plus take out food when she can't be home to cook at a decent time. Definitely not my circus or monkeys, but it is hard to watch the chaos of her being continually stressed.

Off to the store.....

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:31 pm

very sweet of him to cut their grass and weed-wack their grass. I am praying for his family d harmony. great work getting your morning routines done.
yay d nancy on your work
d twins good morning! great getting that planned out.
wishing your dd a lovely trip d twins!
hi d lilac! yes agree sometimes those rules seem silly - I think it must be an insurance thing but who knows. Your d family are so so busy!

I know when we lived in country it was hard with driving especially in bad weather - (schools opened 2 hours later in bad weather) There are pluses and minuses in any living area - in the country, especially if she was like me - bc of not living in the country before, I struggled with the isolation but loved the country side. But I will say that people up north think its silly how far we travel in the suburbs as well - local stores are 10 minutes away by car but what took me 25 minutes to get to takes so much longer -down town driving scared my old country friends. all my family (dh's) live in different suburbs and only one is 15 minutes away and the rest 45 to 60 minutes (because of traffic) not because of distance. It took me a good year and 1/2 to adjust when I lived in the country. I can honestly say now I could never live in downtown chicago or in the outer skirts of the city (like I did when I was young) because it is so noisy and tight. But again I miss being so close to the lake! I know live on 1/2 an acre and live by the woods so I feel like I get my space. I do really miss having the lake near by but I go there a lot in the summer. I would live on the lake in a heart beat but its way way too expensive and again each area has it's own culture to get used to.
Last edited by blessedw2 on Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:36 pm

okay s2s socks to socks actually as I don't want to put on my shoes. :roll: no reason - just a bit picky today. Poor dh! :D

I haven't done any other routines as I had woken late after not sleeping through the night - got up at 11 -
I watched Diane in Denmark's focus room talk - her house is minimal - it makes me realize we still have so much that we need to get rid of (dh and dd's are extremely sentimental about stuff (dd older is not sentimental about her stuff ;) )

the room of the day to do today: Ta da da da - quick drum roll please https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itAOGRiYRLI
the front room as it has all the boxes for put away from Christmas.

Return to “Post When You Can”