Friday Fun

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
lucylee

Re: Friday Fun

Postby lucylee » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:21 pm

Give me some ideas, LadyM — dgs’s oven meats. I get so tired of our fish chicken fish chicken rotation. Alternating with hamburger and philly cheese steak (steakums brand.)
Tomorrow is another day.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:26 pm

wonderful d lady regarding d grandson being on the adulting path!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:34 pm

dh is happy with the front room
I ate way too much again (how I can hog down without thinking is amazing to me) we had Lou Mal nati's deep dish pizza (my gosh I think I have to have dh portion it out or eat on time so I don't over eat).

I haven't finished my morning routines! Hoping to leave early 6:00 am to meet dearest sil's and then meet old neighbours at noon.
dishwasher is empty but dishes lay on the count and in the sink :shock:

hoping this tired feeling continues so I get a good night sleep.
:D

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:02 pm

I made homemade chicken tenders & sweet potato fries (baked) yummy. Dishwasher is going.
Last load is in the dryer now.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:43 pm

good for you d nancy!

I did not do dishes! They are still in the sink even though the dw is empty :shock:

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:24 am

Cuop, read blessed's S2S and it just came to me that LadyM's S2B this morning was BOOTS! Is that right?

What an afternoon I had. Customer who we're building a house for called, said take the plan down to the concrete guy's office, gave vague directions and ph no's. Riding around and around, couldn't find the office by his description, almost got run over in the parking lot by backing up car... tried calling DH to get me their phone no. because I left my slip at home by accident. He was with another customer and couldn't talk. Back home to get slip; back to office site...wherever it is I never found it. Phoned secretary, got answering machine.

On the way back home she called and I got some information; was talking to her on the way to blueprint copy place and discovered they close at 2 on Fridays... and it was almost 4... She tells me her boss is 76 years old. What is up with these guys who never want to quit??? We had a nice conversation about men.

To another copy place to get just hers because this place is expensive; and I'll see her Monday as she is semi-retired (lucky duck). By the time I got home I was beyond stressed and looking for anything I could eat.

Leftovers for dinner, they were better today than yesterday. Kitchen all cleaned up. I'm glad tomorrow's Saturday.

Lilac

Postby Lilac » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:57 am

Harmony, dh and I were just talking about chili and goulash taste even better the next day. There are other things that taste better as leftovers, also.

This afternoon it clouded up and as I came home from the grocery store it was spitting snow. An hour later it was snowing. It was enough to cover everything., before it quit.

Last night dd1 called at 10:20. She is usually in bed before then, so I answered asking what was wrong. She said her neighbors double detached garage was on fire. Dsil heard explosions and looked out the kitchen window and seen the fire. He called 911 but he thinks he wasn't the first to call. The garage has an alley entrance, so he knew the fire trucks would wake dd1 up, so he woke her up, so she would know what was going on, before they got there.

We found out last night via FB that one of the retired shift supervisor from the plant has passed away. He had been retired 12 years but has been on full time oxygen for 3 or 4 years. His wife was in the hospital with pneumonia. I noticed in the obituary that their anniversary is the same day as the funeral. They moved here, 3 months after we did. I was sad to find out that he had passed, but know he has had several health issues.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:06 am

It is 6 p.m. here and I'm a soggy, sore, mess. That might be the title for tomorrow's pwyc.

I've pushed our two upholstered chairs together and have my legs up and am reclined in the other chair. Room service brought a bucket of ice and I'm icing my knees. They were dodgy all day but we made the mistake of taking the cable car up to the Botanic Gardens and walking back down into the city. The description of 40 minute stroll turned into 90 minute step by step torture. Saw some nice things though.

Our phones have lots of data so at one point we sat looking at a tomb with a board but I brought up the wikipedia page on it so didn't have to stand to read the information!

I'll ice for a while and then we'll figure out what to do about dinner. I'm having tea while I'm renewing my knees. There's a schnitzel place down at the waterfront about 3 blocks away.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:55 am

My one knee is sore it is not the one I hurt last summer. K in C ice sounds like a great idea. I may need to try that.
Dishwasher has been rebooted.
Last load of laundry folded & put away.
I got grocery list made out.
Partly sunny is our forecast tomorrow yea no rain till thurs. Here!
I remember doing internalional theme meals like Mexican nite taco Tues. For example costumes welcome.

Return to “Post When You Can”