Steady Sunday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Steady Sunday

Postby Harriet » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:00 am

Hold it steady! Steady as she goes! A steady hand on the rudder.

What will you be doing to keep things in your life and home on an even keel today?

LadyMaverick

Re: Steady Sunday

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:16 am

I am awake in a house full of sleeping people. I have quietly made coffee and am enjoying sipping it.

Yesterday the house was super busy and noisy. DGS11 and DS9 teamed up to play. DGD7 and DGD6 teamed up to play. Non-stop. DMom came over and the adults spent hours talking and catching up. We ended up eating at our home for two meals. It was easy to serve in buffet style. It's times like this that REALLY makes me appreciate having a well-stocked pantry & freezer. Having the ingredients on hand makes it easy to pull together endless amount and variety of meals.

Not sure what today will be. We will go to church this morning but that is about all that I am sure of.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:18 am

Sunday
bus to large a/c shopping center.
bought
bottle of water
2 rectangle tubs for hand washing
embroidery cotton, with a design to mend buttonhole loops on an special to me cotton blouse.
chinese meal
bra
2 books - novel - romantic revenge, and 2nd in series on healing brain /brain plasticity.
I did put others back down.
sigh
2 calendars on special @ $5. inspirational msg daily, each one a meditation point, and floral paintings.
bus home.

dishes are done.
I'm up late again.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:47 pm

We're home. DD suggested to dh that he stay home too. Convinced him that not only are we still coughing but we're so susceptible to picking up something. There was no question with me -I'm still coighong & quite weak.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:03 pm

((Dee))

The design for mending buttonhole loops seems interesting, Lynlee, also the book about brain plasticity.

LadyM, sounds like there were photo-ops around the house! Memories.

I ordered stamps (edited to put reason in a link at the end of this post). Am loving the "Protect Pollinators" stamps - don't usually like photograph ones as much but these are great, and I'm sure by now I'm having flower blossom withdrawals. (Have mentioned that phenomenon here before - thankfully this year I do have my Valentine's present African Violet from last year still blooming in the windowsill so I can see as i wash dishes.)

I was up at 5:45, went through the extended morning routine that includes curling my hair, then off to pick up dd19 from her dorm. Dropped her at home with her Daddy and went to rehearsal. She's in the shower now getting ready for church. (She's amazing about fast showers.) When I got to church, again my lack of a key was a problem. Our bass singer was there, but his key wasn't working. Eventually he got in the front door, but I was in the car again by then, trying not to freeze.

Asked each of the three people I did run into this early a.m. who should have gotten the report whether they got it. Two hadn't checked email and the third said he had, but certainly didn't seem to know much about it. Maybe I at least lit a fire with them to hurry and look. The first two asked for a hard copy, the third didn't - maybe I'll specifically go to him later and rather insist. He's in a position to need to lay this out in a convenient way and consider it. If someone's going to make changes, they'd better do it quick. He did say a meeting would be upcoming, but he doesn't have a date, and he would anticipate that this report should be distributed a week earlier. (yes, yes) I told them all I could hand out the report this very morning if they wanted.

A difficult day in other ways. Oh, well.

About stamps - US rate increases in 2018

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:17 pm

If someone's going to make changes, they'd better do it quick.
Know of what you speak, Harriet. Every year someone adds something at our business meeting that they feel should have been in the Clerk's (mine) report, regardless of the fact that I may not have known ?? had a baby or ??? got married. So trying to strike first this year and sent an announcement for today's bulleting for people to contact me or our Moderator ASAP if they have additions, I'm finishing the correcting tonight and sending it off. It only just dawned on me when I read your comment about the report being ready a week ahead that we usually do that too. That means it has to be ready to be handed out next Sunday. Here I was thinking we had 2 weeks. NOT! :o :shock: Have to remind our Moderator of that later today and tell the new secretary. Sure she has no idea of her responsibilities on this. If I were up home I'd be doing it.

DD and dsonil have gone to the hospital to see his Mom. She came home from the Tampa hospital late Thursday and ended up going back to the Plant City hospital by ambulance with chest pains yesterday afternoon. Each of these episodes is obviously wearing on her. She's actually and (just want to make it to my 91st birthday). And of course with dsonil's sister still in the Tampa hospital (since October 29th) it's all falling on him. He gets very easily agitated and depressed about it all. But he's being a 'good' son. ;) DD insisted on going with him today so she can ask the right people, the right questions. She's much better at all this than he is.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:04 pm

I believe we are on the same schedule, Dee, since nothing was said today. My addition to it all is not newsy like that, but financial, of course, and this year not very good news on that front. My one piece of good news was that by leaving A T & T and going to Spec trum (Time W) we save about 45% of our previous "phone" bill (phone, internet bundle). The rest of the picture has not been sunny. We have a cushion and that's good.

I have a 2-page article/letter/something to read about grumbling. This from the minister for everyone to pick up, but many looked at each other and probably each feel it's aimed at them. They're wrong, it's aimed at me. ;) (No, that's just what I figure everyone is saying to themselves.) I cheerily went up after the sermon and was chatty with all around me as I picked mine up. I'll be sure to read carefully and check that my attitude is pleasant when I say what I need to say.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:38 pm

My report ended up being 32 pages, Harriet. 6 of those are financial ones.

Just posted a prayer request in J&C for anyone so inclined.

Just fixing a quick bowl of soup for dh and myself -it's already going for 2 and we're getting hungry. Then I'm going to go over those reports, do corrections and send them to the secretary. I doubt she even knows what she's in for.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:46 pm

Good afternoon! I woke this morning at 6 felling a little wonky and lay down for bit - woke to dog barking at 9 which i then let them out (which I found out one of the dogs pooped in the basement - grrrr - dh was grumpy and took care of it bc I didn't know until he told me grumpily :shock: ) then went back to a surface sleep until 11 and feeling much better. (even though embarrassed bc I slept so late). Noticed sugar is part of it. I had desserts yesterday.

today is paperwork, menu planning, joy of nothing, talking to dh, planning day
my house needs a run through but I won't do that today.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:52 pm

hello d harriet - I love the sailing reference!
I will try to remember to hold steady through my week!
d harriet - sorry those people didn't keep informed and read what they should have. hope the rest of your day is warm and better

d lady yesterday sounds lovely!

d lyn If you like things on brain placidity - my dd younger was suggest a book (she loved) that one of the CRPS doctors recommended. I will ask her what it was.

d dee - sorry you have to get this done so fast. It does sound like the secretary doesn't know it is part of her job yet. (((dsonil mom)
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Return to “Post When You Can”