Motivated Monday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Motivated Monday

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:20 am

I'm down to the point I have to be motivated - I'm out of town beginning on Sunday and have prep to do. I'm motivated.

What motivates you this fine Monday?
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Re: Motivated Monday

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:27 am

d twins - Thank you for starting us today! Good morning and thank you for making this a Motivated Monday! I find my motivation here.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:44 am

Motivation? I can't even find it. My MOJO has simply got up and gone into hiding. I'll be so glad to start feeling 'normal'. It's 2 steps forward and 1 step back or maybe it's 1 step forward and 2 steps back. All I can say is I'm sure I'm not locked into a trip like Kathryn. Stay well and miss all this stuff 'back home', Kathryn.

DD and dsonil are getting ready to go over to his Mom's. They have to clean out some in order for Hospice to come in later in the week. Guess they're going to let his Mom go home later in the week as long as Hospice comes in. His niece and family will be back from Mexico tomorrow at some point. His Mom has just wanted to see their 3 little girls. His Mom has almost been a hoarder (and I'm not sure she's not -what else did she have to do the last several years but order off the shopping channels -like 4 or 5 sewing machines, tons of luggage, tote bags and on and on and on.) Don't envy them. There are many, many things still sealed in their original packaging.

Dh and I absolutely have to go to W mart today, if only to get water. Seems like we're going through an awful lot of that.

I was up in the middle of the night and sent the final draft of the annual report off to the secretary up home. She'll only have a couple of days to get that together. A few years ago, at the request of a particular couple, we started making the report available the week before the meeting. That shortens our timeline obviously by a whole week. I wasn't really feeling good -even went so far as to test my BS and take my temp -just simply felt yucky. Guess this is going to a 5-week stint, no doubt.

We're supposed to go to a gathering Thursday of people who are down here from our campground up north. The luncheon is at the Amish restaurant in Sarasota. I hate making that trip for 2 hours of talking to very few people and turning around and coming home. I refuse to go I-4 and 75. Dsonil was going to go with dh, but that's certainly sounding doubtful.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:47 am

We had a bit of soft snow, about 3 - 4 inches, last night and right now I am looking out my dining room window watching the two boys in the neighbourhood shovel the older woman's, (across the street), driveway. They just do things for her without being asked. The older boy, 7th grade, across the street started shovelling and then the boy next door, 3rd grade, joined him. I love young people any way but how cool of these boys to be always so helpful without being asked.

The day before yesterday I had vacuumed and rinsed all of the first floor but my home looks like it has never been washed - dog prints everywhere and dh decided he didn't want to wear the things I bought or take off his shoes so we have dried mush marks (salted) all over the 3 of the rooms - where ever dh went to. :roll: Maybe I will have to get him one of those big brushes like they have at car washes where as soon as he steps in the house that a automatic ramp vacuums and brushes going over him on a conveyer and he comes out dried and clean on the other side. 8-)

So today:
white laundry
separate laundry into bins because it is laying on the floor right now (lazy woman, I don't know who, just through things on the floor)
kitchen
laundry room
focus: bathroom dejunk the box I had pulled out of the bathrooms before and put it aside for this week's focus.
french
for fun piano

I have been trying to figure out the wtf (but not make them first) in my paperwork or to do for others work with paper or scanning - I know finish those other pictures for d mom. I am making this harder than it should be
Last edited by blessedw2 on Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:53 am

d dee have the family make sure that when she can no longer be at her house alone that hospice will take her in to their centre. They wouldn't with my d uncle - we had to hire 24 hour care and I was there every day. it's a very hard thing to talk about but make sure Hospice is on the same page with them. So hard! my thoughts are with them all!

I spoke to your cold and told it that it had to leave you and your family alone. It said it is packing its bags and planning to leave your family so hopefully you all will be cold free soon!

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:53 am

Morning...

I’m off to meet my friend for breakfast in a little while. Then while I’m out will attempt to several errands. However last time I met my gf for breakfast we ended up talking for five hours :shock:
We live across town from each other so we don’t get to see each other that often. She is the same friend that talked me into taking my 10’week teaching assignment so I’m sure we will have lots to talk about ...

Time to jump into the shower... btw Sweetie and I saw two movies recently, the shape of water and the darkest hour .. they both were great. We have two more to see this week and I am looking forward to both. Waving to y’all take time to enjoy your day :D
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:55 am

I am not familiar with how the cold and snow affect states in the south - I heard that Georgia can get ice sometimes. Do you just get the cold or do you get ice? I always wondered.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:58 am

d rose good morning! have a great time with friend this morning! thanks for the movie reviews

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:59 am

Hi!

Crossroads Of Order for the Day will arrive with me being rather ready for it and happy, BUT didn't get a load of laundry in because instead I did extra housework under threat of HRH's sister-in-law B visiting :lol: . B is not an eye-opener like dfirstsisil :shock: is when she says she's coming, but B deserves to believe we're in a steady ship here! (and Sundays leave us in disarray)

Others may know more about Georgia. In the Carolinas, 12-inch snows are surprises, but not really unexpected. We've had several to remember here that happened on specifically inconvenient occasions for our family, so I'm sure there were others that came and went without us remembering so much. I look for a 5 degree F temp and when we hit that, I think to myself that usually that's going to be our low for the year. This year when we hit 8, some wondered if that would be it. Don't know. We've certainly hit 0 and below, and I hope for my small flock's sake that doesn't happen this particular year. Chickens of full-size breeds like mine do very well in cold weather, but the larger the flock the more cold they can take. The 8-degree time this year came during an especially dry time, which was a blessing regarding the ice formation we so often get on trees and power lines - the great fear of caregivers for elderly. I used to pray hard for lowest temp and precipitation not to coincide, when I had caregiving responsibilities for my dear aunts.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:00 am

I need to make this week count. Somehow the knowledge I'm going away fires me up to get things done. I think it's the"I've got all day" or "I've got all week" or "I've got all month" syndrome. Somehow knowing that I have this week to get closure on some of these things is motivating. I have a li&t for the week going. (Avert your eyes, please, Harriet.)

One of the things that I keep writing in my journal as a "Lesson learned" is that I need to get an earlier start.

-breakfast and meds
-kitchen clean up and empty dishwasher
-start a lol, I have two to fold too :roll:
-list for the day
-clean up, brush teeth, get dressed

I am working out at the Y this afternoon with dfriend M. Workout today will be lower body. Dh is out bowling tonight so I'm not cooking. I made chili yesterday so will have that for supper, I think.

bw2, we're very close to GA here in SE TN and I assure you we get ice and snow now and then. Last week we had an icing event here on the mountains that surround my town, but no issues down here. We used to live on one of those mountains if you remember.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Return to “Post When You Can”