Motivated Monday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Motivated Monday

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:41 pm

i didn't wash my counters well last night so I had to do it this am.

so far: listened to dianne in Denmark talk for today about exercise
talked to dh
emptied some emails
cleaned the counters well,
put away
cleaned sink well
emptied dw. and filled with what ever I found in the house and turned it on again.

I still need to vacuum the floor and swiffer dust and rinse
it is always a joy to be here with you!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:11 pm

Pot pies were tried by both DKids. Neither one of them would eat them. I considered not giving them an option but decided to give them PB&J sandwiches instead. They both had a good attitude about eating the Pot pies and voluntarily gave it several bites before declaring it "not my favorite". They both seemed a disappointed to not like the Pot Pies.

DBro called to visit. 40+ minutes later.....
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:30 pm

Pot pies are on our menu this week as well as peach tea for me one of my favs.

Watched Don Quixote while on stat bike not for kids movie. :roll: I had not read the book but doubt there were bed scenes in the book.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:59 pm

hi d lady good for your d son and grand daughter.
sorry about your peach tree!!! I love a good chicken pot pie

hi d harriet I hope when your dh comes home he can find his way back to sweatpants and relaxing gear!
hope Toddler c feels better fast

hi d harmony I know my cousin in france was shocked by the news that Tallahassee got a bit of snow - we were too! We get that hail too (more often the last couple years) 2014 was hard - our screens got holes in them. I felt bad for the deer and coyotes.
I am so sorry you got stomach sick! So hard! I am glad you are feeling better now.

hi d twins that planning and looking rabbit hole is pretty tricky and sucks one in!

hi d dee I am praying for the pastor and his d wife. Have fun making the i pad yours!

hi d nancy sorry d dog was a stinker.

d mom is not being so d mom the last couple days with dd younger. it is affected dd youngers self confidence today and yesterday as not so d mom has been mean spirited. She doesn't have the best mom instincts all the time - much better in the last 10 years. She has many days that we call Grandma days and others we call by her first name. We love grandma mode not ... mode. She has a tendency to bring up people (pedestal thing) she really doesn't spend time with - wonderful wonderful type of thing - at the expense of everyone who is close to her. I am always amazed when people are so unaware of themselves. So dd and I had a long talk and I think it helped. Dad used to say you should never compete with anyone but yourself and if others try to make you be like someone else it is never good. Make yourself better. He said he played golf that way too, as he did in life. d brothers' sil is visiting and not so dear mom at the moment is making life a little difficult. Com mom will probably do like she always does and will throw dd under the bus but dd and this woman will probably get along and will mute mom's nervousness and temporary meanness.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:59 pm

time to play with the dogs

then vacuum and rinse the kitchen floor

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:52 pm

I think I have finished the prep work for next week, except for continuing to review what I know about DNA in a recommended book.

I need to regroup on the Pro Gen work.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:59 pm

good for you d twins!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:01 pm

tossed some things from fridge into compost container
threw out things that couldn't be recycled
set up my meds for this week
took off the last of the sticky holders for lights from christmas
quick vac, quick swiffer, quick rinse - I really need to wash the kitchen floor by hand but not today!

next laundry room weeklies - which I haven't done lately - timer on

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:37 pm

Hi!

Went to 2 stitching groups today. Before I did that, I had the alarm set for 7 so I could wake up and make a loaf of white bread for lunch. Then I put the dryer on with it set to wrinkle free. Those clothes got put away as soon as the 20 minutes in the dryer was finished. I went to one stitch group, left a bit early so I could come home and have some fresh bread. I had sent dh a FB message that the bread would be ready at 11 something. I pulled into the driveway and he was right behind me. As we came in the door, the bread machine was giving notice that the bread was done.

So after a nice lunch with my husband, I went to the new-to-me group. I had a nice time, even though a lot of the women left because it started snowing and 10 cm was forecast. 10 cm is 4 inches. NOT really a lot of snow. Of course, now that dh wants to run out to Niagara Falls to get some pork roasts at 99 cents a pound, I am reconsidering whether or not I want to go.

Dishwasher has been emptied and refilled and the sink has a load of measuring cups and spoons and sharp knives waiting to be washed.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:13 pm

hi I finally got to the laundry room cheer * * *
it was more of a vacuum and swipe rather than a deep down clean:
cleaned the top/sides/front of machines :D
vacuumed floor :D
used swiffer to go under shelves and found 5 socks :roll:
then rinsed the floor with swiffer rinser :D
took duster behind machines (not great but did it) dusted under and over everywhere
took swiffer rinser and used on walls and doors after using duster :D
washed off finger prints and door knobs and light switches bc of all the flu going around :D
wiped off all the door knobs on the first floor with clorox wipes :D
dusted hoses, cleaned a bit the top of the sink and inside of the sink :D
recycled shampoo bottles that were empty ;) not left by me but it's not worth the battle

surprise: dh put on the fluffy cover ups after shovelling outside :D I told dh how much I appreciated it.

ok - now to take the box of bathroom stuff I took out and go through it.

Return to “Post When You Can”