Tuesday Toast

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
lucylee

Re: Tuesday Toast

Postby lucylee » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:54 pm

(((Kathryn)))

I’ve eaten poorly today, but I have no one to blame but myself.

All the laundry is DONE!

I’m catching up on the DVR... finally watching the Rose Bowl Parade.

Concerned about dh... cough seems to have loosened up, but now he has a terrible pain in his side! He said he played football in high school with cracked ribs and didn’t hurt this bad!
Tomorrow is another day.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:06 pm

Kathryn-in-Canada wrote:The real issue is either unprocessed food (fresh fruit, veggies, raw nuts and seeds, meat and dairy) and cheese has serious limitations. But I can't do cheese anyway due to the heat I'm facing (and, apparently, no fridge in the hotel room at the resort, or at least no mention of one.)

A taxi to the grocery store once I'm in Alice Springs seems like my only option and then I'll see what they have. By then I'll have talked to the tour company and may have things clarified a bit. Why would they say to bring a breakfast with me on the 3rd day when they know how I had no time to go anywhere to buy food for the previous three days. Maybe there is a room service option.

I doubt you could bring in unprocessed food. I can't go to southern states with fruit and veg from here, even if the 'apple came from Tas - most likely' .
If there is a way to ask, I'd ask about sealed packaged seeds and nuts.

Good luck with the rest. I can't say I know the answers, but I have at times seen people under questioning, stuff taken, with threat of fines, whatever, on the reality customs shows. Declaring it is the way to go.
There may be a snack bar/ supplies store near where you are staying. Depending on if its a place offering a range of levels of accommodation.
I've just done the 'budget' way of travelling back in the day.

I caught a lift to town with my neighbour.
library, bank, shoe store, few groceries so I'm not needing to get back there and haul things back shortly.
taxi home. I couldn't be bothered with the walk from the bus stop, and a taxi was waiting for me. :)

Lucylee - my thought would be pleurisy ? Don't wait for the heart doc to admit him, take him to urgent care, kicking and screaming if need be. Maybe ds and ddil will back you up. GL.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:09 pm

Pay roll this p m for me. Logged my info. So far.
Off Wed.
I work Th. - Sunday this week.

Return to “Post When You Can”