Tuesday Toast

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Re: Tuesday Toast

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:38 pm

Dee - such a difficult time as your DSon/DDIL deals with end of life. I would suggest asking her what food sounds good to her. If she has 20 minutes - 20 days of time left then ANYthing is acceptable. If she only wants to eat ice cream and Oreos then I think that is what she should have. IMHO, at this time in her limited lifespan, she shouldn't be concerned about eating healthy. Each bite of food should only be things that she loves.

Our DFriend Linda is still hanging in there. She has exceeded all the doctors expected time left. DH takes Linda a Chocolate Milkshake several times a week. Linda loves the milkshakes but most of all she loves the attention of having DH deliver them to her. Linda's sister says that is what is keeping Linda alive.

I don't know what is going on with our computers, network & ISP. I'm trying to take it in stride and not let it distract me but it COULD BE FRUSTRATING. It took me over 15 minutes to get DS9 computer to act right so he could do his online lessons.

Now back to my bathroom cleaning.....*POOF*
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:36 pm

I took a 30 min nap, and I must have needed it b/c I didn't even hear the phone ring. Second time duncle has called since last night and left no message, so I called him back.
He just wanted to see if ds's truck headlight was still working since he fixed it yesterday.
Why he doesn't just call ds, I will never understand. Yesterday, he called ME to see if ds was home. Luckily, DS was with me at that very moment, leaving the funeral visitation. :roll:

Snow is really spotty around here -- maybe an inch or so on some surfaces, but none at all on some. This makes me think maybe the roads will be clearer tomorrow, even without higher temps. Maybe the traffic will blow most of it off and it will dry out anyway? I'm hoping so, b/c dh really needs the drug store to be open tomorrow. Schools have already announced they will be closed again tomorrow.
I talked to dmom and she said she was fine...
Talked to ds and they were doing fine. Playing in the snow. Invited us to come over and eat homemade chili and ds turned them down. :evil: :roll:
Said we had planned to go out tonight and he didn't like to change his plan.
(And we worry about dgs??? Good grief.)
Homemade chili sounded really nice to me, but whatever... not worth the aggravation... :roll:

Progressing with laundry --sheets ready to return to bed... Fourth load (dh's jeans) in the washer now, probably two more loads to go.
Tomorrow is another day.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:51 pm

IMHO, at this time in her limited lifespan, she shouldn't be concerned about eating healthy. Each bite of food should only be things that she loves.
Yep, and that's what they're trying to do for the most part. She said Sunday that she really wanted a (St eak & Sh ake) milkshake. Nurse said, if that's what she wants, give her what she wants. They're on board with not having to 'eat healthy' at this point. What's the difference. She may as well enjoy!

Dh and dd have left to go to Plant City with dinner for her and dsonil for the next couple of days. She's exhausted. They transported his Mom from the hospital by ambulance to home once all the needed equipment was in place. His niece and family are due in tonight. DD wasn't sure if they got a hospital bed as she likes to sleep in the recliner. This is probably the fist time dh has been over there. Think he's in for a rude awakening when you consider how full her house is of new and old items. As I said many, many things are still sealed in their original containers.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:31 pm

Just determined there is no decent food on the plane either. I don't eat egg-salad, but there's no way I'd eat one from a plane (or vending machine) even if I did. There are only 4 non-snack food, chicken wrap, tuna salad, egg salad and cup of noodles.

This is starting to get serious.

Obviously, I can spend the day eating snack food but that wasn't my goal for this year.

I'm going to have to really push myself on Friday and take a taxi to the grocery store (can't walk there is 100* heat) to buy nuts, dried fruit, and protein bars. And just take a break from fruits and veggies for the few days of the tour.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:41 pm

soup is cooking and almost done
farro/squash thing is in the oven
instead of the brussel sprouts today we will finish the salad from the other day.

next: put the dishes in the dishwasher (i have been doing that as I was cooking) and then clean the counters and a quick vacuum
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:44 pm

(((Kathryn))) good luck with all that, and for DH hiking. You have the WorryLee thinking of you. If there are service station stops, there may be food there. Hopefully something that suits. I'm not sure that you can bring packaged food from NZ. Even if you had time.
The trips I've done to NT were both catered, safari style camping, with loo stops at servos or parks w facilities.
Not that I necessarily wanted to use them.

((Dee and Lucylee)) prayers for you families.
I need to be off. Didn't get otd ystdy.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:46 pm

It’s been make a mess, clean up, make a mess, clean up all day but got much done. Landry done hung and put away. Tomorrow will be much of the same but am in a geter done mode and lovin the reaults. Another load to g will isnin my future.

Dinner for Sweetie meatloaf noodles and asparagus ... I get chicken soup.

When Sweeties mother was at her end we kept the care unit stocked with coffee ice cream her favorite. We knew the end was near when she stopped eating it about three days before she died.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:47 pm

I am so sorry the plane won't have decent food.

hi d dee - I am thinking of your d family.

glad you took a nap! glad your d mom is fine d lucy!

hi d lady -

oops timer for cooking is going off.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:04 pm

Lynlee: I'm planning on bringing licorice and chocolate and tea from NZ. The tea was bought in Oz, and the chocolate was made in Oz.

I just had cheese and crackers for my lunch (with carrots and a salad) and the crackers are from Australia so I seriously doubt they'd be seized at the airport and will bring those with me.

I was able to bring granola bars, tea, nuts and candy into New Zealand. I just declared it all as I arrived. The bars and candy were actually made in NZ.

The real issue is either unprocessed food (fresh fruit, veggies, raw nuts and seeds, meat and dairy) and cheese has serious limitations. But I can't do cheese anyway due to the heat I'm facing (and, apparently, no fridge in the hotel room at the resort, or at least no mention of one.)

A taxi to the grocery store once I'm in Alice Springs seems like my only option and then I'll see what they have. By then I'll have talked to the tour company and may have things clarified a bit. Why would they say to bring a breakfast with me on the 3rd day when they know how I had no time to go anywhere to buy food for the previous three days. Maybe there is a room service option.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:40 pm

glad you found something to eat d kathryn!

d lynlee hello

hi d rose I love your geter done attitude. great job on your work!

hitting another tired moment.
dishes washed that needed to be done by hand - dh washed the one pot.
dw is running and we finished dinner.
counters cleaned, stove washed, sink shiny :D
Me: tired 8-)

I now have lots of soup left over for the freezer.

Return to “Post When You Can”