Tuesday Toast

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Re: Tuesday Toast

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:07 pm

Good morning! I've been out with dd to return the rental car, and visited with her a while also. She had a good time and it sounds like her teens had a good time also. Also walked the dog earlier.

Snow is still creeping toward us slowly. Not supposed to be much snow, it's just that temps are dropping, and the snow compacts and ices the roads. At least I can stay in now.

I slept poorly - had an ache in my back whenever I turned over - and this was on the opposite side of where it usually hurts. But I'm good now. I did a hard leg workout yesterday to the point my legs were shaking.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Lilac

Postby Lilac » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:11 pm

I made it to bed by 12:30 and then slept until 8:45. :o I asked dh why he let me sleep so late and he said he had just been up a few minutes before he heard me up. I need to stay busy today so that I can get to bed and sleep earlier than 12:30. :roll:

It is to be in the low 20's today. I had planned to go to the store today and get milk since it is the last day on sale. Then I realized it was silly to get out in the cold, just to save 60 cents. Especially since I still have a half gallon of milk!

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:17 pm

Good morning everyone! I had a productive day yesterday. I slept late, like I always plan for a three day weekend. I was not very motivated, but just got started, and, by golly, stuff got done! I treated myself to lunch out and got a new XM antenna AGAIN (last one was purchased in November). Got combined paint and primer for the cathouse, and, best of all, got my glasses adjusted. It is so much easier reading about you! Then, I came home and got the animal org minutes and notes done. At my dance class, I found a bra and belt set for $15!!! Used of course, but these things are usually $80 to $100. This takes a chore off my list of making my own. There is a new-to-me venue, but I could not perform because my own bra and belt sets fit well anymore. My lists are combined and there is only one paper to keep track of. I need to decide what to tackle tonight. It depends on what DD15 wants to do for Girls' Night Out. Probably eat in and do homework. In my declutter quest, I finished one shelf of the kitchen bookshelf. I have a plan for the next shelf. I got a long-deferred task done, which cleared an area of my sewing room - the dog beds are finished. Best of all, when I had to get on the web to send the minutes, I downloaded a jigsaw, but did not move a single piece! It is waiting for a better time.

blessedw2: Not seeing the stuff at one's feet is not a man thing. It is a glasses thing, especially if the glasses are bifocals or progressives. Lenses don't cover the whole visual field and absolutely NOTHING at my feet is in focus and has not been since the 8th grade. My x never understood this and would always say, "I never bump into things. I look where I am going!" Karma's a beast. He now has progressives himself and trips over stuff. HA HA HA!

Declutter: I suggest an estate sale for DD and DSIL. Owners don't have to be deceased to do this. An easy way to do this is to get a charitable org to run the sale. They get $$$ and the original owner gets a tax write-off and much less pain in the tailbone. My org has done this and everyone wins. (My org is in NM, but I am sure there are orgs close to them).

My eyes bugged out when blessedw2 called 3 to 4" of snow "a bit" and CathyS said it was "NOT really a lot of snow." I've never seen 4" falling.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:36 pm

I would like to post in the tracking thread cannot remember the title or where it was.
Intentional my word for today.
Been looking at vids to see ideas for type 1 diab, tracking in bujo w out much success.

So I know my meter has #s counting that. I have been taking it more dilagently. Good for me.

Exercise, stress, illness, moon phases effect it so thinking what and how to re-organize my set up.

Need to add Meds. Dose etc., carbs aka meal food. Sigh pain in keester.
:idea: Maybe stickers will motivate me. Lol!

I 've gotten incerts for the franklin planner in the past but too many tiny lines.
Ideas and input welcome tia. Trying to remember what the pertant info. On the headers was.

For now write it down keeping a log... on my disc bound half sheet planner.
Typed in health and fitness tracker. :idea:
Last edited by Nancy on Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:42 pm

My dog is black we cannot see her at our feet so we try to give her a heads up an look before we leap off couch chair etc. Lol!

37* pouring down rain outside here now.
Stat bike 30 min. Done.
Bed is made.
Wrote stuff down on my log x
Hair fixed.
My ear is acting up . Took bs logged that I took a corrective dose. Plus that I started new vials last week need to make a mote of that.

Health and fitness bujo vids not as helpful ad I was hoping.

A joy to post in J & C.
Last edited by Nancy on Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:07 pm

Pulling a Cathy..beegees “Night Fever” blasting as I dance through my day...if that doesn’t get you going nothin’ will :D
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:10 pm

yes dh has glasses! new ones at that! I don't wear glasses so I never thought about that!!! makes so much sense - thanks d elizabeth

just a quick hi!!

dailies in kitchen is done
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:25 pm

Got my laundry basket out to use so I don’t fall into my sidetracked ways... always works like a charm :D
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:55 pm

I went down the rabbit hole watching BBC's edwardian farm :roll: off to work
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:05 pm

Good morning (from Wednesday!)

I slept well. Dh had us in bed for 9 hours and I woke up after 8 hours on my own so seem to have caught up on my sleep. Just in time to change time zones again!

This is my last full day in New Zealand so if I'm going to do something, I need to do it today. This is also my last chance to buy things before the bus tour. I'm considering getting a pocket holster for my water bottle. Dh has one for his belt and it might be worth investing in one for me too since I find it unwieldy to take off my pack and search for my water bottle (I'm not using a hiking backpack, just a lightweight folding one with no compartments since bringing my hiking pack for the whole trip to be used just once or twice didn't make good sense.)

There is a historic building that is now a place for a cup of tea I'd like to visit (spotted the building on our walk last night) and I'd like to buy a NZ book for dgs. I was going to go to a thrift store (they call them Op Shops here, Op = opportunity) but they are an hour's walk away or $6.50 in bus fare and, of course, no guarantee of finding a good book. There was one Maori/English book at the stall where I got dgs the Australian book but the story was terrible. I only buy books I'd consider reading to him over and over, just in case.

Dd posted a video of him reading a book with her. He was given a Ritz cracker at playgroup and fell in love with them (what's not to love, with salt and fat) and immediately acquired the word cracker. He uses it for crackers, cookies and chips, anything round and yellowy-coloured. So the book is about spring and a rain and he kept turning the pages saying cracker until he got to the last page then he was pointing excitedly and saying "cracker! cracker!" It is a yellow circle to depict the sun but to dgs it is a cracker and he'd like to remind his mother he hasn't had one for quite a while now! Apparently this relatively awful storybook is his favourite because it has the cracker in it!

I guess I should get going now. Rain is supposed to be coming in today but it is coolish and dry at the moment. I'm still in my pjs, bed not made, and just tea and chocolate consumed. Dh just left for work. He's tire - it took 3 tries for him to get out the door. Thankfully. (I had forgotten to give him the discount gas coupons I got from the grocery store - he'll put those in the lunch room for someone with a car to use.)

Return to “Post When You Can”