Thankful Thursday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Thankful Thursday

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:16 am

hi d twins you do have a busy day! Have a great one!

hi d dee have a safe and hopefully fun trip.

d Harriet you are colder than us! hope the road is safe and traffic is short. I have an outfit for you before you head out http://c8.alamy.com/comp/A651NP/a-woman ... A651NP.jpg

d rose good morning!

Good day to each on everyone of you!

Woke up to clutter (I thought it looked okay last night - I always am amazed by what I get used to visually) It is clean clutter but still clutter and makes the house look messy.

I like the message from denmark this morning https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hT5ThIdLKB0 - about declutting
Last edited by blessedw2 on Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:00 pm

My energy level is hovering just above zero. DH said he doesn't have energy either. Hopefully, we are not coming down with something.

I would love to stay down today but that isn't on the schedule. Soooo......I'll just do as RR says and "put my big girl panties on" and get on with it.

Today's schedule shows -
** DGD6 care before/after school
** DS9 homeschool lessons
** DS9 to school for time with friends and speech
** DS9 to chiropractor
** DS9 to Robotics meeting
** DS9 to Basketball practice

1.2.3. GO!
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:18 pm

Cold morning here. We had our freeze and a much colder windchill (which the plants definitely don't like) too. DH came to me asking me to help as he was stuck trying to get an old pullover sweater down off his neck. Winter clothes are hard for him with his arms which don't go up properly. I felt so bad, he's lost his nice warm jacket which was perfect for his working...it was plaid flannel outside with snaps but a nice black quilted inside...easy to get into and out of. I will definitely look for something today for him and maybe put his name and phone number inside on laundry tape/pen if I can find any.

But I will not buy one like blessed pictured! That guy must be in Alaska!

I looked for clothes pins yesterday and the store that has everything does not have any. A lot of mine got rusty metal springs in them from using them outside to anchor the cloths on the plants.

I am S2R (rollers) and changed tops a couple times. Had put on a cute sweatshirt but the high tight neck bothered me so now I'm into something softer. With a sweater jacket overtop. I did find a hooded sweatshirt that someone had left in his truck and I sewed the torn front pouch/pocket back on properly so he could use this. It will be easier to get on and off than the sweater over his flannel shirt. We just do not have enough winter clothes. It seems wasteful to have a bunch when we only use them off and on for a couple months. I am wearing my corduroy slacks which I save for trips out in cold weather.

DH's doctor called and wanted him to come in earlier so i got ahold of him and asked and he said yes. He is going there right from job and I will meet him. He has never been to this office so I gave him the address. He has the gar men along with him today.

I did get all the bushes and the trees covered yest. afternoon. It was quite a job. I also got the outside Christmas lights all gathered up and in the bin which I put up on the top shelf in the garage. They were easier to get off than they were to put out. I'm glad that chore is done.

Been really stressed, I think it's over this dr. apt. today. Ate way too much yesterday and too much salt for sure. Threw away the rest of what I had, trip out to the garbage bin this morning was cold as I didn't bother to put on a jacket.

Kathryn, I'm sure glad you got your travel straightened out. Wow, I'd have really been stressed! I guess that's one reason I like dates the way we do them, just the way we talk, January nineteenth, 2018..12/19/2018. I'd get confused if we did it the way you do. I've only seen it maybe once or twice ever the way you do it.

Better get busy here. I did get the kitchen cleaned up and things look a little better around here. Finally.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:41 pm

d harmony sorry you feel so stressed... sending you calming thoughts.

I have been on the computer - ordered dd older some of her health bars she likes as a gift.

Next- I need to shower and s2s :D for outside wear as I am going to do errands Heading out now that lunch is done - need to take meds
lunch at home - left over soup because I don't want to eat junk for lunch out of the house...I really wanted to get something but I know its not good for me.
first: empty dw
flip flop laundry

goal today:
errands
clean out bottles from bathroom toss and recycle them
laundry separate and put in correct baskets
dd youngers room continued.
one bathroom focus: clean sliding doors on showers
forgot yesterday matching socks
clean brushes and combs
yesterday I cleaned toothbrushes with listerine
Last edited by blessedw2 on Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:52 pm

I was up and at em by 7 today barely. I have done my journaling, everyone has had breakfast including animals they have been fed.

I decluttered a few things, found some items I could let go of while looking for something.

We had rain in the nite that has stopped now. 42* this morning.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:14 pm

Harmony....

Try the dollar store for clothes pins, that’s where I always find mine. I use them in my classroom.... hang a string and use them to clip up students work and such.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:30 pm

i get them from a family owned hardware store by us d harmony (cloths pins)

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:46 pm

I don't understand how the Dollar Tree store sells the same products as other stores for so much less. I shop there as frequently as possible. We have 2 other stores with "dollar" in their names but their stuff is priced more than a dollar. Unfortunately, DT isn't local here so I have to travel 40+ miles (round trip) to shop there.

I drank caffeine to give me a boost of energy. Once I got started I feel better.....or not so bad at least. I've done 7 lessons with DS9 and now he is getting ready to go to school.

My eating has crept out of control and my weight gain is proof. I need to get back to doing what works. Planning & Tracking. Not fun or flashy but effective.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:53 pm

Hope everything goes well with Me Harmony....

I am in the dermatologist chair now... waiting on him....
Tomorrow is another day.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:18 pm

Good morning all! Last night was exactly as expected - animal org meeting and dinner with friend. Our president is not running for the board in February. No one wants to be pres. They are looking at me. Not gonna work. Pres chores are frequently in town, like printers and bankers etc. Can't do it. Not when I work an hour away. I thought I would get nothing else done, but did manage to extreme clean two catboxes. I have made my list for both payroll and home. The biggest WTF (which is not really worst) is that I must make a DPC (not really dreaded) to my mom. I forgot her birthday which was either the 14th or the 16th. Big oops. Also want to check if my stove's broiler works. I have about a month left on the one year warranty.

Unlike blessedw2's cats, my former outdoor cats, who were also strays, have no desire to return. They like the food bowls, the heater, and the absence of coyotes.

Kathryn: I learned to walk at 18 months. It was late enough that I can remember two incidents during that time. Both involved falling and are verified by the scar on my knee and the damage to a baby tooth that can be seen in early photos. (A refrigerator is HUGE when you are a toddler!) I also remember how awful teething is, but that was my wisdom teeth.

Return to “Post When You Can”