Thankful Thursday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
lucylee

Re: Thankful Thursday

Postby lucylee » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:39 pm

Glad for good doctor report for Mr Harmony!
Also myself — doctor shaved off my wart-thing and said it could possibly be squamous cell skin cancer, but probably was nothing. He said they would call me by next Tues or Wed.
Tomorrow is another day.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:23 pm

Waving from Qld.

Mowing is done. paid for. I explained my system of where I put my bins to show what is next collection - green or recycle bin. They trimmed their overhanging cactus, and I was glad of that. I have kept 'looking at it', wishing it wasn't there. Maybe that is why it isn't happy enough to fruit, as is its owner's complaint.
Whipper snipper at 7, clashed with my dreaming, and my aim of 8 hrs in bed at night.
6 hrs sleep is getting to be the norm, up from 5 if I was lucky. Fingers crossed I didn't just jinx it. Hoping to get to 7 hrs at some stage.

I've added 2 pages for weekly/fortnightly/ monthly tasks to my BuJo. That covers the year, as each has a 2x2 check grid for 4 weeks, plus an extra coluum for the extra 4 weeks made up of odd days. Like they are likely to be filled. Zones sort of as per FL, and WHB, and outdoor yard spaces and 'rooms' that need attention, also fish tank. They would be delighted with weekly attention.

Sending much love and prayers for all needs and concerns.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:30 pm

hi d lynlee! doesn't the heat slow down the growth like it does here in hot summer. Keeping my fingers crossed that you get back to 7 hour hearty sleep! well done on all you are doing!

hi d lucy! saying my prayers! glad you had the dr. check it.

hello dear all.

dinner made and eaten and now the dishes are washing themselves.
Now for cleaning up the counters - done. I made half the salad but I could have made 1/4 of the recipe for dh and I - It looks like leftovers for the next couple days.

I didn't get one lick of work, I wanted to do, done - I only did the dailies in the kitchen. it's already 8:30!

Good night all! off to watch the BBC edwardian farm
Last edited by blessedw2 on Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:47 pm

We got home around 5:15 today -to black water. Eeek! Something has obviously happened to the pump system. Just asked dh if he thinks a pipe may have broken with the freezing temps. Guess we won't know anything till tomorrow. And I have a sinkful of dishes to do. NOt doing them in that!
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:22 pm

oh no d dee! Do you have to get a plumber tonight? I am so sorry that happened.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:27 pm

Stuck on a tram. There's a problem up the line with another tram. The lady with 3 kids next to me is dozing off over and over. I bet this heat is keeping her awake at night. Everyone is tired of the heat here.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:06 pm

Stay safe K iCs. Hoping the a/c is working there. Nothing is certain sometimes.

I need to move to lunch and find somewhere cooler, though its only 34C here.

Lunch and do then something so I can check something in BuJo is next.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:18 pm

Another adventure. This one was more worrisome.

Tram could not proceed so we were stuck 10 minutes from the beach but no Uber would respond to our request.

Tram workers were great but they had no idea when the bus they requested would arrive. We waited 10 minutes for a cab but are now almost back to the airport.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:21 am

This trip certainly IS an unending adventure, isn't it, Kathryn? (((HUGS)))

Well, I have a late-night ta-da! :D
The vacuum cleaner has sat in the master bathroom all week long, since I finished my "focus" vacuuming last Friday (I think it was Friday, anyway.)
Tonight was the LAST CHANCE for this week, as we will be leaving tomorrow for College Town. (Dh is still coughing his head off, but apparently feels some better b/c he has been fairly active all day with his towels & underwear laundry marathon.)
So... I felt I had to put the vacuum cleaner up, and I hated to let this week go by with NOTHING to show for it, so I did (admittedly a half-hearted effort)
:arrow: focus vacuuming in the master bedroom. High/low/furniture/behind furniture as much as possible. But I didn't move every item on the nightstands, and when I started this week, my plan was to vacuum the mattress, etc.
But, at any rate, it feels fresher in there now and I can mark that off on my Focus List! :P
:arrow: I also re-printed the holiday maintenance routine cards, revising them somewhat. I'm still working on making my holiday cards "perfect." :roll:

I still need to walk away the pounds. I've been doing well this week (although the scales don't show it!) so I want to keep up my streak... developing those habits... keep on keeping on... all that stuff.

DH has been working on taxes. $3000 in out-of-pocket medical expenses this year, NOT COUNTING drugs!!! WOW. And we have very good insurance. Boy, it adds up, doesn't it? I don't know how people without insurance live. I guess some of them don't. :cry: It's a sad situation, how expensive medical care has gotten. A lot of it, I believe, b/c people are so quick to sue doctors these days.

OH!!! Speaking of medical matters -- DDIL has a BIG TA-DA!!! :D
She was sooo worried about her ACT score -- she did not do as well as she needed to (for nursing school) in high school, and she admits she was not too concerned with it then and didn't really prepare. Well, she re-took it and got her scores back today -- she made SIX POINTS higher than the minimum score needed for nursing school! That is such a huge relief to her! And it was nice that she called to tell me. I know sometimes I get on her nerves, but sometimes (most of the time) we have a really good relationship.

Oh no, Dee! What a mess! (((HUGS))) I hope y'all can get it cleared up without any major problems.

Hope you feel better soon, Rose, and that your foot trouble goes away quickly, Harmony!

Waving to EVERYONE!!!! I must give dh the computer ASAP and can't review more.
Tomorrow is another day.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:40 am

I have survived payroll this day. Got evening stuff done and om in my pjs now. Watching my fav. show now. The last season of it so it is goodbyes various role.

Return to “Post When You Can”