Friday firsts

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Friday firsts

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:13 pm

wonderful d lady

dnancy :lol:

D harmony yay on your work. I needed your work ethic today.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:16 am

I have washer twins going now I waited till h was off work so I could do his work clothes towels after his shower etc. Dishes are ready to put away.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:25 am

LadyM, I know the feeling of watching grandchildren becoming adults. It's so nice to watch when they are able to do it successfully.

On that subject, my DGS called yesterday that his package finally arrived, that I sent him a couple weeks before Christmas when he was so lonesome. I had transposed 2 of the street numbers, either I was given them wrong or I just wrote them down wrong. Anyway, my package went to a house down the street and when he went by there no one was there and he was too shy to go back and ask. Finally they must have come back and figured it out... and got it to him.

You'd have thought I sent him filet mignon! It was just a tin of bought butter cookies and a Christmas ornament with his name on it (a china snowman). And a note inside a card. We were texting about it today. My goodness. He appreciates every little thing we do for him. I must remember to continue this.

The hearts of palm was interesting. It smelled like roasting ears of corn on the cob, the way it smells when we roast them with the green still around the ear. But when I was peeling off the outer edge and cutting it, it smelled an awful lot like acorn squash. Anyway, the texture was soft but not mushy, and I really liked it. I could see how good it would be with a cream sauce on it, if we were able to eat such a thing. I have about 4 servings leftover.

Bedtime!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:00 am

No idea what day or time it is, but I am alive. Nap time so I will post when I can.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:59 am

On a bus again.

The tour description wasn't quite right. We had a 20 minute stop where we could buy a breakfast sandwich. Then the 'lunch' stop was another 90 minutes down the road for another 20 minutes with just sandwiches available.

We ate at the first one then had our snacks on the bus.

Thankfully there is an IGA a 5 minute walk away so we grabbed a salad and piece of fruit for my lunch and more cheese and crackers as well as milk. Then napped for a bit.

Dinner is at least 5.5 hours from now so we have nuts and granola bars for a snack later.

Off to see the rock now. Bus is completely full so we have 58 others including a loud toddler. On the way from Alice there were only 7 of us including the driver.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:35 am

Toddlers have left will be back tenish in the a m Last load in in the washer now will finish it tomorrow. It is good to see news from the other hemisphere! I have 8nions routing 8n the cpunter and in the yard!
Waving to all will catch you Sat.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:36 am

Glad to see you are still living, and found a touch of internet connection Kathryn.
Shops / service station / pub are often combined in the one business, with nothing else available for long distance. Having a supply of something is a good idea, especially as its not a catered tour with its own supplies and cook. The unexpected does sometimes happen.
Thinking of you both, wishing you well on this tour.
Do they take in the sunset over the rock? Cue for a hill with a mass of coaches and people taking a gander.

My first outback trip, early in the travel from Darwin, involved all the passengers being sent to collect firewood - that would mean log sized branches - while there was still trees about in the north. Made a heap, then as much as was needed was tied to the coach roof. (Our mattress rolls were up there too.) The leftovers would be there for another tour trip, with a quantity taken by others passing by.
We had frost the night we camped near Uluru. And dingos about.

A friend was on a tour, way away from everywhere when the company went bust.
Then, not quite as liquidators would have it, they headed back to civilisation with passengers hands in their pockets to pay for fuel to get there. I'm guessing food on the bus could still get eaten, though legally that could be argued about. Hands in pockets to be fed too I guess.
Her partner now is a companion met from those camping tours, as they repeated the experience many times before the business failed.

Slow day here.
peer support online mtg this morning. Chat box supportive talk with another.
Washing is in and away.
I need move on with my afternoon.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Return to “Post When You Can”