Friday firsts

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Friday firsts

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:50 am

Hello. We aren't too old to have new experiences.

What first might you have today?

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Friday firsts

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:58 am

As if this day couldn't get more interesting....

We have landed in Alice Springs but are still in the plane due to thunderstorms. Ground service is on hold. We've been here almost an hour. I'm regretting dumping out excess water from our bottles. The flight attendants have been through once with water and the captain has turned off the seatbelt signs. But it isn't overly comfortable and dh and I are not sitting together.

My first time stuck on a plane after landing.

It is now 9 pm body time and I am past hungry. Didn't get lunch today so have been snacking but at this point I can't pull out my snack food because it would be rude to the other passengers.

Edit off! And both our bags arrived too.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:43 am

And we were dropped at the wrong hotel. So another 400m walk.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:26 am

Glad you arrived safely Kathryn. Ugggrrrrr re storm that happened and delay.
I'm glad you had accommodation booked as it sounds like there still some of the Malaysian Airline 'former' passengers there wanting to travel with a different company.
Hoping you are catching up on some zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzs now. And that some place was open to get a feed.

I did tackle a few things today. Used the dice throw, pocketmod lists for task / area selection.
Something tossed, another cleaned up - from the bathroom.
Pick up sticks in back yard, chopped them into bin.
Spare bedroom - bedding changed. At one point, at least a year ago I had a visitor stay over at times, then another wanted to come after a 'proceedure', but in the end just wanted to go home afterwards.
How grimy bed covers can get just sitting there.
I've washed to reclaim those sheets. remade bed. Bedding is still on the line.
I can see my sheet etc shelf in linen cupboard needs a good clean out.
(I now keep my own bedding in my dresser.)
More work on BuJo. A work in progress.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:02 am

I slept till about 2 & then up/down/up/down. You know the drill. Finally went out to the living room about 6 & snoozed almost 2 hours. Took ty lenol a couple times. Will be glad to feel whole again too.

Going over to dbil/dsisil's for just a bit. Dh has a hearing appointment at 11. I'll pop into Pu blix for just a few things while he's there,

Great part of the reason I was awake so much was the water situation kept going round and round in my brain. Thinking of what needs to take place as far as showering, laundry, dishes. :roll: :evil: Dh is going to try working on the pump after we get back. Hopefully it's something that can be fixed and not having the well run dry.

I'll be back later -at least this SHE hopes so.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:51 am

Morning...

I’m up and drinking my coffee. Routines done, footprints removed last night. I have my monthly luncheon with my gf and then will run a few errands on my way home. Went down the rabbit hole last night and found more questions than answers.

Thanks Harriet for the information. I only took the medicine for 10 days as it causes terrible constipation. I never suffered acid reflex like other have. Now if I eat certain foods...and it’s a learning game I do get an uncomfortable feeling high in my stomach where the hernia is. It’s weird cause coffee hasn’t bother me, but this morning I can tell my stomach is saying... don’t drink a second one.

We ate a four yesterday and around six I at a very small chocalate cookie. My stomach let me know cookies like that are on the “oh no you don’t” list.

Off to take a shower and start my day. Cya :D
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:09 am

Hi to all. The morning routine is not as efficient this morning, due to late night and too much thinking. (smile) But it is going.

Gee, Kathryn, I've got to quit wishing you predictability. Hmmm... ..

lucylee, you could post that in Cardfile Central to keep that method up longer on the boards.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:57 am

And I have today and tomorrow to get ready for this trip. Remembering how dh talks about being able to "take off and go," and that's not how I roll. Interesting but I'm never been a very spontaneous person, I suspect. I almost always have a list of things to do before trip (in terms of meds, cleanliness of home and car, wrapping up loose ends.)

Today the dcleaning lady is doing her magic and I'm about to head out to the mall to do those two returns. Tonight we are going to a party. In between I need to try to finish Pro Gen work and continue with a list of what to research while I'm in SLC.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:32 pm

Interesting but I'm never been a very spontaneous person, I suspect. I almost always have a list of things to do before trip (in terms of meds, cleanliness of home and car, wrapping up loose ends.
I'm the same, Twins. One time just a few years ago DS-A called to see if we'd go on a cruise with the -IN TWO DAYS! I'm bad enough when I have a few week's notice for something. Obviously we didn't go. But dh is forever asking me to go a different way to stop here 'n there.

We're back home & having lunch. Then dh is going to go check on the water system. Crossing my fingers. Going to use plastic & paper as much as possible while water is getting fixed.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:37 pm

thanks for sharing that info yesterday d harriet
d lynlee great work on your clean up and sheets

I think any seasoned traveler knows you have to do a little planning to take off to go :D your dh sounds like my dh in the old days when we traveled - he didn't realize I made the traveling look easy because everything was taken care of, lol. have fun at the party tonight.

hi d harriet - :D

hi d rose have fun at lunch! Cya too!

hi d dee - I must of been joining you in spirit - I did the same thing but laid down at 9 am again and took a snooze
enjoy your time out with d bil/dsisil and on your errands. Hoping the pump starts working again today!

so frustrating you were dropped off at wrong hotel d Kathryn especially with the heat!

wishing everyone a wonderful day/evening!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Return to “Post When You Can”