SATURDAY SUBJECTS

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: SATURDAY SUBJECTS

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:33 pm

have fun with your d mom d twins. I don't like those early flights either - its hard being there so early. Best wishes as you work on getting ready for your trip.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:40 pm

front room straightened - dog bedding on this floor need washing - that will be next. vacuumed surfacely, swiffer duster and surface rinse - it needs focus but not today.

I also swiffer dusted stairs.

tomorrow going to the opera - I won't be getting this series again - love the music but the dancing made me giggle. I have to leave at 10:30 am.
so hoping to continue on laundry even if I can't get it all upstairs today.

time to go upstairs to dd youngers room - I might ask dd older to help figure a good way to organize dd youngers camera equipment

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:27 pm

Got a 10 min. Walk in. Sunny and mild out was great except for the agressive dog out on the one route little but a pill of a pooch with an inforiority complex that thinks it owns the whole street and no fence. Sigh. Might be time to complain state cop lives just a few doors down. This is the 2nd time one more and I will for sure.
Last edited by Nancy on Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:32 pm

take a video of his aggressiveness if you can - so that you have proof - sorry the dog is such a pill. it ruins the walk.
have a good evening d nancy!

made dinner. put away vacuum cleaner - washing last of the dog blankets
debating whether I want to work upstairs or not - I might do menu planning today.

Next: clean up after dinner.

hoping to bake tonight using fruit that is getting too ripe. I have decided not to work upstairs but will work on french, maybe a little piano and menu planning.

it is still so weird having me time - so many years of caring for others and it still is a bit odd to be on my own again.
Last edited by blessedw2 on Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:50 pm

Blessed that is a good idea.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:19 pm

Rolling my eyes at dh. He wants to go out to eat but doesn't want to make a decision on where we're going. I'm still a long way from feeling wrapped up here.

DMuffin ate some of her dog food. She doesn't like the pumpkin - took a spoonful or two but that's it.

I finished the last round, and stopped at drugstore while out and dropped off the note at the post office. I took the rug that ddog soiled last night out to the end of the yard where it drops off and shook it out to get the solid stuff off. It's in the washing machine with some bleach now. ;)

This time:
-empty recycling in the kitchen and by my desk to the outside bin
-fold the lol from the dryer, lay out what goes with me
-go through the little bag in my purse and replenish what's needed
-organize papers, stuff to go into my laptop bag
-figure out what else I need to pack

DH and I are going to a new BBQ place soon, I'll have to finish this when I get home.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:19 pm

d twins hope the dinner is great and not too long so you can get home when you want. glad your d dog is eating again.

off to do put away of food from dinner, fill the dw, clean up so hopefully I won't wake to dishes.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:34 pm

Done my short hike and at a resort waiting for dh to do his. Scrambling to find someone to do the helicopter ride with me me. They won't take a single up. Sigh. That was my activity for this time.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:13 pm

Taking another breather. K not in C hope you find the person for helo ride. I need to heat up chili for h dinner. Kids have eaten. Then I can do the eening stuff. To the last part of my shift. Glad I have the a m off looking forward to it.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:28 pm

Waving to Kathryn 30 min ahead of me, though she is in the west.

Twins - When I had my dog I heard that pork was not good for dogs, and caused spike in temps.
When older my dog would also cry at night, and have a really tight belly as well as a temp if he has even a small bit of pork.

Yesterday Saturday - attacked some 'trees' and weeds and regrowth with the hoe. I thought of my daughter attacking a 'christmas tree' to bring inside while I was at work, in October, and went for it. I didn't get to those the diameter of that long gone tree though.

edit to add - stay safe prayers to the in Canadas over at/near the rock/gorge/ desert country.
There have been people lost their lives there since Christmas.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Return to “Post When You Can”