Sunday Sun and Snow

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Sunday Sun and Snow

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:26 am

Opposite sides of the world and opposite weather!

Our Sunday was sunny and HOT (109.4 at the hotttest time, I'm hoping it is cooling off because we have to go for dinner soon.)

Twins is facing snow or the knock-on effect snow has on travel.

What's your weather forecast for today?

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Sunday Sun and Snow

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:30 am

Back in the hotel room after a 12.5 hour, 440 mile bus tour (and then walk to the store for strawberry milk for dh, berries for my dessert and chips for the flight tomorrow.)

Dh had an amazing hike and is very, very, happy. I had a good day seeing things and some downtime but it was in 104 degree heat so not that refreshing! It felt like wasted time, not productive but not restorative either.

I'm having a cup of tea now and a bit of chocolate. Then we'll make our way to dinner.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:54 am

There is nothing 'refreshing' in those temps Kathryn. Its one thing to check of a list - being in central Australia in mid summer. I'm glad you and Ken had a day you could cope with.

I never did get the things I had on my list done today.

I did finish reading a novel. The ending has twists I just felt a need to untangle.

Yoga restarts in the morning. I need to be up and ready to go to catch the bus that leaves 40 min before class time. If I was driving it would be less than 10 min. Walking with stuff? :cry: probably not.
Where is the shrugs shoulders ahhhh not smilie?

Good night
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:56 am

G’night Lynnlee and Kathryn.... morning to the rest of the village.

Saw on FB Twins made it off ok. Glad to see that. It’s a cool morning here in the dessert... 60* degrees and I’m lovin it. Got laundry done yesterday and will do sheets later today.

Sweetie and I are off to a movie this morning. Lucylee goes late at night when I’m asleep and I do the reverse. Need to leave at 9:15 this morning. Dressed and ready for the day.

Ate a small salad last night with no problem so yeah for me.

Off to start my day, enjoy yours :D
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:03 pm

quick hi... Happy sunday morning/monday evening to you!

Migraine night and morning so I won't be going to the opera. It's better than being downtown with a migraine. I feel bad that d sil may not be able to go if she doesn't find a friend.

off to ice pack this brain of mine - I look beautiful with the pack on my head. 8-) :D
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:01 pm

31> - 47* sunny weather here. Glad for sunshine.
I was up on time 7.
Have done morning stuff.
Glad I checked hrs. On a store, not open for another hour so I will switch towels to the dryer. Dog seems fine.

Lilac

Postby Lilac » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:10 pm

(((blessed))) Go away migraine, shoo, leave her alone.

Nice to hear that Twins was able to leave on her trip. I am sure she needs this break and gets to accomplish her genealogy goal, too.

RRose, enjoy your movie and the cooler temps.

Lynlee, good luck on getting to yoga.

Kathryn, how soon do you start home? I know your dgs will be glad to see you in person again.

I have already drug the bag of trash in from the dumpster. I opened it in the sunroom and quickly located it. Grrrr it was only half used. Can't believe I did that. Anyway insulin pen and trash bag back to the dumpster.

It is cloudy but so far no snow. Nancy, enjoy your sunny day.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:32 pm

Glad you found the pen, Lilac. We've all done that sort of thing at least once. I remember looking for a bank check years ago. It was for over $4,000 and we just couldn't find it anywhere. Dh even followed the trash truck to the landfill. Luckily the bank stopped payment on that one and issued another. A lesson (sort of ) well learned.

I went to church today -first time in well over a month. Next week I won't be going because we have our Annual Meeting up north and as Church Clerk I'll be 'present' via S kype or F acetime. See what our moderator can duplicate with my equipment. Had a guest preacher from one of the manufactured homes parks today and next week. First time he's preached in years. Not sure what will be happening as far as getting an interim pastor.

Dh did the dishes. I folded a lol for dd for dsonil and put up 2 weeks of meds for me. See it's time to order some new meds. Seems like it rolls around awful fast.

It's sunny and nice here. It was 74 on the way home from church. Dh opened windows and the screened porch French door as soon as we got home. DD has gone to Orlando for the 2nd hockey game of the weekend. It's a 1:30 game so at least she'll be home before dark. Then she has to take clothes over to dsonil and a food package. She's going to stay with her MIL while dsonil goes to do some grocery shopping. His Mom is still hanging in there but not getting out of bed at all. He has 24/7 care of her unless hospice happens to be there.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:33 pm

5 am and have checked out of the hotel and waiting for the tour bus. Five hours on the bus today and then a 4 hour plane ride.

Bus is 20 minutes late leaving. Sigh. Sunrise, the reason we are up so early will not be late.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:48 pm

Back from the movies... saw Hostiles, realistic life in 1898 in the west. Story of emencly bitter enemies being forcefully sent on a long journey together. Sweetie called it spiritual and I said life lessons learned. Great scenery and terrific acting, but I am. Christian Bale fan.

Home now, scrambled eggs for lunch and will try a Hamburg pattie for dinner... fingers crossed.

Will spend the rest of my afternoon on my Gazelle, watching the football play offs while my sheets are spinning themselves clean. If only I could teach them to make my bed by themselves
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Return to “Post When You Can”