Sunday Sun and Snow

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Re: Sunday Sun and Snow

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:16 pm

It is bright sunshine, mild breeze, and wonderful 70F degrees. DS9 and DH are wearing short sleeve shirts with no coats. Me....I'm always cold so I have my typical winter layers plus a coat. I will probably warm up enough to quit wearing multiple layers around July when we hit 100F degrees. :)

I have been reading but not posting for a couple days. I have been busy with a new commitment (more in H&F later).

Church this morning was excellent. Our typical restaurant had a waiting line out the door so we went to our 2nd choice restaurant. We all decided our 2nd choice has better food than our 1st choice. But we like the atmosphere of our 1st choice so will still continue to go there.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:44 pm

Have I mentioned lately how much I love having a washer & dryer at home? Those wonderful machines! This morning I was able to do 2 loads of laundry while still in my pajamas, and now we have clean clothes for work tomorrow. Magic!

DH and I just got back from late lunch at the truck stop. Now he's going out for a long walk and I'm going to make a run to Sam's.

Our weather today is dark and gloomy, but warm. 40F feels like a heat wave and I wouldn't even need a coat if it weren't for the wind. Yesterday was nicer because we had bright sunshine, but I had to work at the library all day. Tomorrow it's supposed to rain so the roads will be more dangerous. I think today is my best chance to hit the highway and run for groceries.

We don't need much because I stocked the cupboards so well before Christmas. However, I am running low on coffee. Danger, Will Robinson, danger! :lol:

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:17 pm

I am here in SLC and there’s still snow on the ground! Somehow I thought I got in around noon and I was landing at 10:30 am MST. Got checked into hotel and my roomie got here. She is hanging out w her fellow Pro Gen buds mostly. I walked to the grocery near here, it’s similar to a WF. I had a very large salad w feta and protein and fruit on the side, and brought back some fruit, nuts and boiled eggs for snacks.

Heading down stairs now that ck in is open.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:26 pm

waving to all

Tmeds. bfst on to cook. fish fed. packed cart for yoga.
readings and quiet time. dressed. bed cleared. bfst.
Its 1st day of the school year here.
I have 15 min til otd.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:38 pm

I have done errands had lunch, did some paper crafting used my new arch punch it works great! Did a rock drop. I cleaned the coop and put down shavings the stuck to my coat now I am trying to figure out how to got it off suggestions welcome.

44* cloudy rain in the forcast this afternoon. Stay safe those of u in the south in tornato zone.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:54 pm

Our sunshine didn't last. A dust storm arrived and blocked out the sun. It was eery. You can smell the dust in the air.

DGD6 has the flu. ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She started running a fever yesterday afternoon. She had been gone from our house for about 16 hours when the fever started. They say you are contagious 24 hours before the flu symptoms start. Sooo I am 99% sure we have been exposed to it. Worse. DD left DGD6 with DMom all day yesterday. That means DMom is most definitely exposed. DMom sprayed everything down that DGD6 touched with Lysol spray and washed all dishes using bleach in the dish water. DMom will stay away from DBro for the next week even if she doesn't show symptoms to make sure she doesn't give it to DBro. That is life/death situation. DBro still hasn't gone into remission and only has 1 more chemo treatment with hopes of achieving it.

DD asked if I would keep DGD6 this week. DH said ABSOLUTELY NO. It is expected DGD6 will be out of school 5-7 days if she does like her classmates that have the flu. DD was not happy with our decision to not keep DGD6 while she is sick. DD replied that she will have to take off from both jobs. I have no guilt. I keep DGD6 (for free) about 80% of the time she is awake. I am feeling guilt-free telling DD no.

I filled our oven with roasted vegetables (cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, green beans) this afternoon so our home smells wonderful. Although, it doesn't smell like it did last time I roasted vegetables. I only used a small amount of coconut oil this time on the vegetables. No bacon grease. :)
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:58 pm

Done tour, have dumped some of our tour stuff and prepped for the airport. Domestic Australia does not screen for fluids therefore we didn't have to dump all our water or put the sunscreen into the checked bag. It is wonderful and reminds me of what flying used to be like.

We'll see if there is a place to eat at the airport or if I'll start in on the snacks.

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:42 pm

I didn't think it was supposed to rain until tomorrow, but it started drizzling on my way to TheBigCity. What a sloppy mess. Luckily it was still warm enough that it did not turn to ice on the highway.

Anyway ... the coffee emergency has been prevented. :)

The library will probably be busy tomorrow because kids are out of school for a "professional development" day.

With any luck, I won't have to go anywhere Tuesday or Wednesday. I want to attack my office and get rid of paper.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:50 pm

Yikes LadyM...

Looks like we’err all trying to out run this flu. Fingers crossed for your family, especially your mom and brother.

I don’t blame you for not wanting to care for dgd6... I would be the same was. Hope everyone in your house stays well.

I think if I were your mama I’d be sleepin’ With ALL my windows opened :D
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:17 pm

Home from yoga. It was good to be back.
Dropped off some ill bought sandles at charity shop when I couldn't rtn them where I bought them :roll: in November.
With many starts stop starts etc I moved the car so helper can more easily get passed when she comes in 45min. I need to get on to lunch.

hugs. prayers for everyone's health, and travels.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Return to “Post When You Can”