A clear mind Monday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

A clear mind Monday

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:55 am

Sometimes I find that I clutter my mind with too much - today my goal is to simplify my view of the day.

What will make you feel good today by doing one thing that will clear your mind.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Harriet

Re: A clear mind Monday

Postby Harriet » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:05 am

Hi everyone

Got a "happy birthing day" call from dd38. These are always these "hard to believe it" days, aren't they? (smile)

She is at a B and B on the coast as her present from dsonil. we certainly both hope that when they arrive back home and gather the boys and get to their front porch, her present from us will be waiting. She says they've never had one taken, and this one did look plain and boring.

So, back to what blessed wants for me today. Hmmm... ..

I did have one item that got WRITTEN in my "top 3" space on my planner (should have had 3 there but lost focus, lol, while planning just 3 things :roll: ). Unfortunately, that one was a call, and all I could do was leave a message, so now I have to wait and probably be interrupted while in the middle of something else.

Scanning the memory banks, though, I did have two more hopefuls:
A kitchen counter re-do and
more organization in office

question - how long can office area organization possibly take?
answer - is this a trick question?

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:10 am

Alright then! I did do that one thing that 'cleared my mind'. I wasn't able to get into M EDCO to order scripts the other day. Sent a request for resetting password. Have done that -and finally remembered to check my 'spam' file and there was the link email. :roll: Now I've ordered the needed prescriptions. Had to gasp at how much more dh's S piriva was. Will have him ask his pulmonary Dr. if there's anything cheaper that would do the same thing for him when he sees him in April. Figured out how much we were paying a year for health insurance the other day. Not happy with the figure. I was a little ?? at our social security figures. Dh's medicare went up about $30 and mine only $20. He ended up with a $10 increase/month in his payment and mine stayed the same as it's been for the last 3 years. I definitely will be looking into an insurance broker this summer.

Still am fighting this cold/virus/flu? thing. Toward evening I feel rather crummy and end up in the night taking t ylenol again. Still coughing up color but it's not as low in my chest as it was. (TMI)

Water filter company is here. Hopefully they can take care of the problem with our water pump. They had us put it on 'bypass' over the weekend so it's not going through the charcoal filter. We all finally decided that the black and the many 'chunks' were actually charcoal. We're wondering if that pipe part froze with the low temps here. We'll know in the future to cover the pump/pipes when we're going to have such a cold snap. Know Tampa had tons of water main breaks with last week's weather. How did you fare, Sunny? Dh is out there with the 'guy'. Hopefully he can learn something.

Dsonil's Mom is still hanging in there. DD saw her last night and said she really looks 'the picture of health', but of course is not. Who knows how long this will go. For the life of me, I'm not sure why she's not in a skilled nursing facility. The situation right now is surely not ideal.

These are always these "hard to believe it" days, aren't they? (smile)
Absolutely agree! And yes, that is a 'trick' question. :lol:
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:20 am

Morning...

Harriet, it seems my office continues to be my hot spot, not sure why. I get in there, organize every thing, sit down and before I know it, it messed up again. I’m really good at putting things away as soon as I use it it, including my foot prints, which I did last night, and other kinds of clutter. Need to do the same with my desk.

I plan on working to declutter under my guest bathroom which I use as mine. Also I have several drawers in my guest bedroom dresser I need to declutter as well. I have a g will bag going so I am sure I will have plenty to add to.

Perry is on, coffee is finished and kitchen is done. Dinner is planned and I’m about to climb n my gazelle and ride for a while .... enjoy your day :D
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:34 am

These are always these "hard to believe it" days, aren't they? (smile)
:D

Happy Birthing day Sweet Harriet! I love your dd! so cute. Happy birthday to her!

hi d dee,
hi d rose,
hi d harriet

hello d everyone. I still have a background headache so my attention span Is an attention hole. I feel like my brain is a hour glass and all my thoughts are falling to the bottom of the hour glass. I am panicking and want to plug up the hole so that I can get things done.
I am making jobs look bigger than they are today so I have to de-stress and focus on one grain of sand at a time.

break it down! don't try to do it all.
I am not going to get it all done.

I usually do dailies but I know dd younger is coming home tonight at 10 pm (leave at 9:30 to go to the airport) so I want to change sheets etc. in her room.
I wrote cards to break down the job in her room. Clear my mind to make it simple.

simplify:
goals for today:
Dailies
white laundry and one dark laundry of mine
powder room weekly

this week: paper work, photo (break down), upstairs pull old films and get them to the people who can make dvd's out of them. I am making this job way bigger than it should be.

finish this week: I didn't finish one bathroom job: I sanded the door where the paint was peeling and now it needs light sanding and then paint thinner wash and then repaint. Look for a new faucet for powder room as no matter what I do it is leaking and the brass is peeling off. (its from the 70's when the house was built)
Last edited by blessedw2 on Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:49 am

Harriet, it seems my office continues to be my hot spot, not sure why. I get in there, organize every thing, sit down and before I know it, it messed up again.
Oh yes, RR -here as well. I do have the office picked up and organized again at this point of the day.

Harriet, wish dd a Happy Birthday from the 'board Aunties' and a Happy Birthing Day to you! :D

Filter man is here and gone. Have several notes to type up and put in a kitchen cabinet for them. Seems we've all been doing several things wrong. So will correct them as we go. One is that there's way too much chlorine in the tank -man told dh to get a pool testing kit. The chlorine is supposed to only be about a gallon and a half and the rest water. We have it full of chlorine. Another is the pump is wired wrong for recycling. So he'll do that at some point.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:51 pm

I have been up a while up on tome slept well, waiting for Rx place to open to call for one to pick up on Tues. I forgot donation bag w 3 items on my last town day so I will get in the rig later h has that vehicle two day.

Trying to get a payroll log set up.
Glad for my past progress the zone this week is not so overwhelming for me yea!
Next up - I need to vacuum, and get shavings off my coat.

33* - 46* sunny here today.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:10 pm

Meant to tell you that last night dd brought home from her DMIL's -a brand new HP computer -19". This is one her MIL had bought a while back but realizes she'll never have the time to learn how to use it. DD had wanted to buy dsonil a new one for Christmas but finances at this point said 'no'. Wallah! He has a new computer. Believe me there's tons more stuff there just like this. So many things she's ordered over time have never seen the light of day. A hoarder's nightmare. They tried to figure her debt yesterday. She still has nearly $30,000 on her mortgage and another $40,000 or so credit and other debt. Are they responsible for her debts once she passes away? They know they'll have to sell her house. Likely that will be to her granddaughter and dh at a reduced price. But cleaning it out will be a bad dream. Dsonil is busily trying to get everything legal/financial straightened around. Definitely not his forte' but it's good for him. Lots of things were already in his dsis' name, but she is completely incapacitated at the time. And she will be for months to come.

Part of me is wondering why she's not in a skilled nursing facility of some kind. I can't imagine dsonil staying with her ad infanatum. There's no telling when her end of life will come -certainly sooner than later. I'm just glad dsonil has been given some time to get some things straightened out. Once she does pass away I know (and dd does too) that much of all this will fall on her -because she's so much better at it than dsonil.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:28 pm

Dee and Harriet...

So far I've redone my desk with an extra card table sitting at it's side. I have an large U shaped desk that sits in the corner of my office. But I have my printer to the left of me and my file holders, a small vertical one and a regular horizonal stack to its right.

I use the small to keep upcoming bills, monthly birthday and holiday cards, recent coupons and a small notebook to keep misc notes in it. I use my card table when I am working on my genealogy stuff...It holds several note books, a to do pile, a look up pile, my three hole punch along with clear slots folders and labels needed for one of my notebooks that I am working on. I've been very good about returning things I've used like paper clips and such back to their homes. Remember I reorganized my desk drawers and files a while ago and I must have done a good job because they still look the same as when I did it before.

I've also completed a DNA test which I will mail later today.

I'm being like Cathy as I have my music blasting...right now its Starship, next is Styx, a favorite of Elizabeth and and her dad's. Sweetie likes them as well. They are coming here to my area, but tickets start at $150. like them but at that price, not so much :lol:
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:47 pm

Hello! I'm not sure how clear my mind is. I've been dreaming a lot at night and remembering some of it, and one is so vivid I'm wondering if it's true... last couple days I just wanted to sleep and sleep and sleep and sometimes this happens if I'm getting too much sleep.

Today so far I've filed the last couple months of 2017 so now I'm ready to put everything together and get the 2017 out into more permanent storage. I'll need to take one year out of the office bin out to the garage storage. Sent out a statement and got our corporation renewed for 2018. Good progress.

It's much warmer today, high 70's. I hope our cold weather is gone for this year...but we have 1 more month to go through. I took all the coverings off the plants and trees this weekend.

Sat. helped DH trim another big oak tree that was hanging all over the side fence. Dragged everything over to the fire pit. It was a lot of work.

Ok, back to work here.

Return to “Post When You Can”