Tuesday Tending

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Tuesday Tending

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:05 am

What needs tending in your life right now?

Can you carve out some time for soul tending of either yourself or someone else?

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Tuesday Tending

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:18 am

It is 7 p.m. on Tuesday now, just gone midnight for Nancy.

As I reported in Monday's thread, I tended to myself by doing 'nothing.'

I did sit in the garden and spend time catching up on emails, specifically surrounding the incoming refugees. I also counted up the photos taken since last week (1000) and have been steeling myself for going through them. At least 200 will be of Uluru at sunset, all taken a moment after the previous one but with different settings. Wish me luck on choosing the single best shot!

I went for three walks. A medium one when I picked up my lunch, a short one to push my steps for Monday over 5000 and a longer one with dh that ended with us picking up dinner to eat in the garden.

Dh came home during the middle walk but the hotel staff let him into the room. We then sat out in the garden and had lemonade while he told me about his day.

BTW: lemonade outside of North America is a sparkling soda. It took until this trip for me to realize I can buy lemon cordial in the store and mix that with still water to make dh lemonade and sparkling water to make me a flavoured drink. That was tested at the lounge in New Zealand and dh was thrilled with the result.

Then we were on the go while at Uluru so he went back to drinking Lift (lemon soda) and just leaving the lid off as much as possible to make it go flat. Last night I bought lemon cordial and the bottle is 1/3 gone already because he loves it so much.

We had a lovely dinner of chicken, roasted veggies and he had a pasta as well. Milk to drink then. My lunch was a chicken wrap sandwich, some potato chips and a zevia sweetened soda to cut some calories (yesterday I had a full 600 ml of coke.)

Dh washed up the dishes and then washed some clothes so he has enough to last until we get home. Oops, I just realized I need to wash my hiking socks to wear home on the plane with my hiking boots.

Now I'm headed back to the garden to work out there on my writing until dh is ready to go to bed. He's up early tomorrow because he has a conference call at 7.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:01 am

d kathryn enjoy your work in the garden! 3 walks - wonderful! Lorina lemonade (I guess they call it a French lemonade but I don't know if it is made here) is popular for us - our local restaurant serves it - the bubbly version- and dd younger loves it.

I hope you have a wonderful cool day.

Thank you for starting us!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:11 am

I love the focus today: tending to things that need tending.

I think foremost for me is fitness.

dd younger made it home safe and sound. She knew it was in her imagination but she thought the animals would forget her - they definitely didn't.

spoke d dd older and she had a rough time at work yesterday so I am hoping that today is a better day.

today I am hoping to:

stop by the pizza shop and order the pizzas ahead of time for Saturday.
bathrooms
gym
animals
I missed washing my whites yesterday so that needs doing.
towels today
dinner
dailies
french

I am thinking of volunteering my time driving cancer patients but I don't want to start anything I can't continue. I will have to talk to the cancer society and ask what is needed time wise. otherwise I might see if their is something else I could give 1 day a week or every 2 weeks. With dd's health I don't know what is ahead.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:34 am

I'm up with a slow morning. Had a low BS during the night so I was up for a while. Heard dh get up for his shower but then I dozed off until 8:15.

Guess dsonil ended up having to take his dMom to the bank yesterday to get everything changed over with his name on everything. She let the bank know she was not happy with the fact that he had to drag her from bed to the bank. But at least that much is done. Banker did tell dsonil that they are in no way responsible for her credit card debt. I'm assuming not for the mortgage either, except they want to be able to sell it. Which means they'll be responsible for taxes, mortgage, insurance until that happens. So that was good news for him. His dsis would like the empty lot next to their Mom's house (she bought it some years ago and had the house razed that was there.) Think his niece's family wants to buy the house if they can work out something. In the midst of all this I guess his Mom has decided that she'd like to ride home (here) with him Saturday -if she's up to it. Sure that would feel good to her. I did ask dd yesterday if there's a reason they can't have her in a skilled facility or something. Dsonil's staying there won't last forever. And of course they know the end could happen at any time. Could be 20 minutes, days, weeks -who knows?
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:43 am

Ya'll don't know it, but you are piling up long posts from me that aren't getting posted. Maybe that is a form of soul tending, as Kathryn mentions in our start.

helia, your post yesterday about doing Hebrew translation was comforting and inspiring. Comforting in that we've gotten to hear about your translating/courses for years now and it's so nice to think you have continued in this. Inspiring in that you're finding an area to become so expert, and to learn about the importance of accurate translating.

Ramblin', send some of that energy out in a package deal, okay? I think many of us would like to get in on that, lol! Sounds like you did great yesterday.

Got truck inspected yesterday, so today I'll send that payment for "tag" (sticker), taxes, etc. I think some of us have talked here about the changes in how states handle this. One intricacy here is that if the payment reaches the state office first, before the vehicle inspection station informs them that inspection is done, the check is sent back that very day with a bad note :( and if the next check you try to send doesn't come within a certain period, you'll get an additional bill because of delay. Your inspection info showing up in the meantime won't change that. So you have to be careful with the order you do it - you can't just mail all your bills one day of the month, necessarily. Being early can get you in trouble.

I got more done in office area yesterday than in kitchen. It seems I get dailies done there and then never have the time for a real consideration of the space.

blessed, think in terms of a budget of time. Try to keep your charitable time offering just UNDER what seems reasonable to you now. It is only reasonable to expect that you will find more - not less - you'll want to do to help in whatever volunteer work you choose, so "budget" to allow it. Also it is only reasonable to make sure you'll have time to continue responsibility you already have, to family, etc.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:13 am

Morning...

Harriet, for me it’s always been music, music, whether it’s earbuds and my phone, or blasting from my speakers. Don’t know why but it lifts my spirits and gets me gong even if I have the “idontwanna”. Music makes work easier. Even the slaves sang in the fields. When I was 18 I worked on an assembly line in a tile factory. My station was between two furnaces where temps sometime reached 120. All for $1.41 an hour.
And some of the women on the line had been there 30 years.

Anyway I discovered if I sang to myself my day went faster. It was so loud no one could hear me, good thing. I sang every song I knew, camp songs, Christmas music, folk songs, and so on and tried to sing all day long withou repeating myself. In the fall I went to UT, but the following summer I worked piece work at Bendixs and did the same thing. Reward was my work ended up going to the moon :D

Any way, for me, music makes the world go round.

No Perry this mornimy, somethings going on with the station, but that’s ok. Will finish my coffee and turn up the music. I have two more closets to go through plus a small grocery run.

Oh and by the way I got more than 11K steps in yesterday :D
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:23 am

I am listening to a sermon taking notes for soul tending this morning.
Last edited by Nancy on Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:24 am

I think your right about budgeting my time - I always get over my head and I don't want to let anyone down if I can't do the volunteering - it always happens - It has been like that for the last 10 years that some one needs me and I have to stop what I am doing - I just feel bad I can't be a volunteer on a regular basis like other women I know. I might go back to bible study on tuesday mornings as they know that things come up and I can't be there all the time.

d harriet . that is a very frustrating and insensible way have handling the issue by the state. I hope that changes soon. Soul tending - always a good thing!
have a wonderful day.

hi d dee . hope your bs is better! I am thrilled that he is not responsible for her debt! Only suggestion is make sure the bank follows through on paying because it does happen that things do drop and then the bank is not responsible unfortunately. I had to make sure all payments went through because things get dropped (not on purpose but computer/people error)
(((d sil and his d mom)

hi d rose I would love to hear you sing as you work... Good for you! my local channels were on the blink. I like to watch the news in the morning but a weird note was on the screen. I read part of the paper instead online.

"In our perfectionism we want to see everything clean at once. What is so hard in today's society is to have the time to get it done to please the perfectionist inside of us. So what do we do, we do nothing." fl y L. me in a nutshell if I don't work with you all.

dh is up and I will go have a nice cup of coffee with him and then get to work.
I finally took care of a response that I should have taken care of last week! :D It was in a different language and I was too lazy to translate it - I also struggled with it at first and I didn't want to depend on google translate.

Have a wonderful morning!

Lilac

Postby Lilac » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:57 am

I am shocked at something dm just posted on FB. There is a cartoon of storage units. One of them has the garage door to it opened and stuff is stacked HIGH. In front of it stands an old man with a walker and his ds. He says to the son "someday this will be all yours". Dm comments, "my kids worst nightmare". She doesn't have a storage unit but her garage is full. They moved into their brand new house in May 1978. It has a 2 stall garage that has never had a car parked in it, in almost 40 years. Last week when we had the bitterly cold weather, she told me she needed to get her garage cleaned out so that she could park in her garage. I know better than to offer to help her clean it out. By the time the weather is warm enough to do it, she won't have the time or want to mess with it. She use to talk about all the things she wants to do to her house, like new tile, etc. Now she never mentions it, I think she has spent all the money she planned to use for that.

I seriously need to get busy today. I have been a slug for 3 days. So off to the shower.

Return to “Post When You Can”