Writing Wednesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Writing Wednesday

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:05 am

I will be thinking of you and saying a prayer for you tomorrow morning d Austin!!! Best wishes!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:20 am

Saying a prayer that all goes well, AustinGranny!

I’m writing, at least on some days, Joys and Concerns in my journal. Also keep up with my weekly master list and today, answered an email from dfriend.
I NEED to be writing notes for teacher group meeting.
I would LIKE to be writing late ddil’s life story, to preserve for ds and dgrands. He had a very interesting life.

But for the last two days, I have done well to get my clothes on. I do not know what comes over me! Maybe I really am manic-depressive.
Monday I slept till almost 1:00 pm!!!
Tuesday I went to my meeting and to get my hair cut... but I really wanted to sleep all day again.
TODAY? I don’t know how or why, but I woke up refreshed...
— read the paper with dh
— s2s AND colored my hair
— s/s all baths
— focused vacuumed the den and hit the middles of the rest of the WHB vacuuming (except master bed/bath)
— washed 3 loads of clothes and hung to dry
— cooked supper and s/s kitchen
— went to church
— talkedto dmom, ds, and ddil on phone

WHY can’t I have more days like this???

Well — one reason is bc dh is always present. Today he finally agreed to go to doctor (who agreed this is likely pleurisy, Lynlee) and he was gone a couple of hours. I’m sorry he’s sick, but it’s nice to be alone every now and then.
Tomorrow is another day.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:15 am

Still Wednesday for Nancy so I will post here.

In lounge and changed into jeans. I just can't bear to put on my hiking boots so will wear sandals on, change to travel socks and slippers and put the boots on for landing.

I have fresh shirt and underwear for Vancouver.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:48 am

I'm going to disappoint ds but the duty-free shop at the airport is charging a premium for the shirt he wants. Cricket Australia has it for $119. A sports store has it on sale for $90. But the sport store was a long way from us and I knew the shirt was here at the airport so I put off buying it.

The clerk at the duty-free said it was $110 (there are no prices on the items just a high up number you need a ladder to read) and did I want to pay that. I said no, I wanted to pay $90 but didn't have a choice. She then rang it in and it was $127. I explained that wasn't how negotiating worked, she can't keep raising the price. I showed them the price on the website and they wouldn't budge so ds won't be getting a shirt.

If I bought it in the city I would have been able to get the taxes off at the airport. So the duty-free shop was totally cheating me.

This is why I don't buy stuff.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:10 am

Best wishes for your flight Kathryn and Ken.

Prayers for AustinG surgery and healing.

Prayers for Lucy and Dee families.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Return to “Post When You Can”