Writing Wednesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Writing Wednesday

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:30 pm

2 x 15 minutes: dishes in dw washing even though it isn't completely filled - it was full enough because once I start cooking I will have too many dishes anyway - so its better to just do what it.
counters swiped with clorox wipes this time - I am trying hard to get everyone on the anti flu thing with me but I found dh using the anti bacteria stuff once in a while.

now for cooking - its a don't wanna this morning but I know it is the right thing so we are prepared in case anyone, especially me, gets sick or a headache. - I am sure it is bc of previous headaches. I love to cook so it must be that.
lunch done! :D

laundry load 1 :D is washing: small load of kitchen and white towels - I could wait but it doesn't make sense as I need them.
I did wash my bread towel and put it away in the cabinet for future cooking need.

Next: make the onion pie I didn't make yesterday.

dh is putzing not really doing anything but walking into a room, sitting at the dining room table and listening to the news. He never plans his day but it works for him. He is a see it and do it person. No thinking about it.
Last edited by blessedw2 on Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:45 pm

I also 'see it', Blessed -but that just means it has to go on my to-do l&&t. :D

I have decided to stay home from the annual meeting at church today. Dh is going. I'm just simply not feeling up to it. Told him I would drive him to L owe's when he gets back & I'll go across to A ldi's for some of their 'buys' for this week. Have I already said I'll be glad to be recovered? :roll:

I came across my calendar for last year -one I had before coming south. So, I'm putting all the dates on a page in my 2017 file. I'm up through June. It was a busy year and I'd like to be able to look at one sheet to see what was when and be able to compare to this year.

We've finished lunch and now I think I'm going to hit the Living room recliner and read and most likely -doze. I think I need it.

Soup sounds good to us too, Nancy. I was just checking my ingredients to see if I have everything and think I do. Have the beef thawing.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:20 pm

3 hours given to a water leak situation at church. The city-water people have no phone number but me as the one who pays them, and they saw church was having huge sudden usage, sent an inspector, I met him there. The homeschool group that uses our building was present on this their one day a week - too bad about that, very sorry. I had to make the decision by myself to cut the water off - without water, they cannot stay of course. Gave permission for use of the grounds as long as needed waiting on parents to come. I called the backflow company, and hopefully we'll have water restored soon. A deacon met them at the church later and repair timetable looks good, although I hate to see the bills on this. Hoping for an adjustment from city-water people.

So my writing has been a long email to many who need to know about this.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:25 pm

Hi!

Oh, the joys of having a septic system during the wet season... I can't do dishes because none of the water has been draining. Dh tried plunging the empty toilet last night to see if he could get some idea of whether or not there was any blockage anywhere. \no blockage, just no drainage.

The only writing I do these days is writing the menu for supper on the chalkboard that dh bought me for Christmas. Tonight's supper is soup and grilled cheese sandwiches. I will have tomato because I think tomato soup goes best with grilled cheese sandwiches.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:55 pm

onions are slowly cooking
everything is measured waiting for the onions to cook - now to cook the pie crust a bit.

hi d cathy so frustrating when that happens! what a nice gift your dh bought you!

hi d harriet that is frustrating! thank goodness they noticed the usage - that wouldn't happen here - we would have to pay for it. hope it works out well.
No Noahs flood I hope 8-)

hi d dee I am afraid if I made a l#st because I think there would be too much to do list lol (above my attention span)
well done on your updated the things from last years calendar so it is part of the past file!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:23 pm

Taking a much needed lunch break...

My house blessing took a turn and I think I’m looking at a two day job.

When I started cleaning my blinds I discovered the sills that face the outsid screens were disgusting and I just couldn’t leave them like that. Much additional climbing for just the master bedroom and I still have 10 more to go. Also looked at the baseboards in the entire house and they too disparately need my attention. Yuck

I’ve had to change my clothes three times. Started with jeans. Long sleeve shirt and slippers with sock. Now I’m sitting here in shorts, tank top and sandals and it Jan for goodness sakes.

Had to do something outside and noticed how dirty the patio was. No sense cleaning the house if you can drag the dirt in from outside.

Harriet the other day you asked me to send you some energy and I must say I’m enjoying mine. This morning it occurred to me while reaching for my vitimins that last week I added something new to me.. thiacin and niacin, both B’s.

I read an article last week that most people do not get enough thiacin B1 which can cause fatigue in people. Don’t know it that’s the reason for my new found energy or because I am officially retired...Just a thought cause you’re the guru on that kind of stuff :D
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:25 pm

I'm awake. Peeking in from Thursday. My 'fear of flying' anxiousness has kicked in and I've cancelled our Bondi to Coogee hike. I'm just too anxious plus sore. If we left now (taking snacks with us) we'd be back by 10 but then we'd have to shower, dress and pack in an hour. I can't do that easily and I can't push myself on the hike.

I'm even hesitant to go for a swim but that's not as big a deal, it will only take about an hour in total and I'd have to shower anyway.

Our flight isn't until 7 p.m. tonight so we'll have a long day of waiting although I'll use a lot of that for writing. I still have a sermon to write as well.

Today (Thursday) is my super long day to make up for missing January 2. So I'm dreading today as well. At least I had a good night's sleep.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:38 pm

Safe, calm and happy travels, Kathryn.

I just finished doing up the dishes that have accumulated so far. Going to get everything out for the soup -just to make sure I have everything. Expect dh will be back soon and we'll go do our shopping. Speaking of -here he is.

Glad you mentioned B, RR. Dawned on me I haven't been taking mine. And my energy is at one of its all time lows. Maybe this will help some -B12 -sublingual.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:42 pm

Welcome to Donna's Lifestyle, our newest member. She actually joined on January 2 (you know, that day that didn't exist for me this year) and something happened with her membership and she disappeared before we could check her out and activate her (it is a multi-step process to join the village, that's why we have so few new members.)

Thankfully, she followed up so I'm hoping she'll pop in here today.

BTW: Donna, in your welcome email I forgot to tell you to reset your time zone to the correct one. I just gave you a random one (although I'm pretty sure it was a North American one and not Australia!)

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:45 pm

Glad you got it figured out, Kathryn.

Return to “Post When You Can”