TIDYING THURSDAY

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Lynlee

Re: TIDYING THURSDAY

Postby Lynlee » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:05 pm

Welcome back to Canada Kathryn.
6.5 hrs sleep is better than what I get most nights, so well done you. (I try to make up a reasonable amount of time in bed. Total relaxation does count, imo.)
Safe journey for the final sections home to your own abode.

Mostly I put things away when cooking. The washing up gets saved so there is super hot water for all, starting with the cleanest. I'd rinse as needed though.

I'm not sure of my day today. Its Australia day so a public holiday.
I'm not intending on going to a thong (thats footwear) or pineapple throwing contest, nor to races of cockroaches, toads, dunnies or mowers. The list of entertainments does vary place to place.
There's a luncheon at the community center. bring and share.
Would I like to take a bus to the beach? or movie? There are many possibilities.
Maybe I'll visit under the trees in my back yard. They are pretty Australian. I sometimes use visit a nursery for a new shrub.
I have shrubs aplenty, too many in fact. They sprout themselves. The alien invaders - I'm behind on beating them back.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:21 pm

Today has been another one of those “struggle to deal with it” days...
I don’t know if any of you read my post last night or not, but if you did, you know what I mean. Monday and Tuesday here, I was totally worthless as far as making the least effort toward any accomplishments. Yesterday, it was like some housecleaning dynamo had taken over my body! Today... back in slug city. Sigh.

We had dgd from 11:00 am till about 5:30, with dgs after school.
Dh did not sleep well last night so neither did I, and we were. It’s about at our limits by the time ds took them home.

Kitchen is s/s from supper. I’ve still got some cards to work through.
Tomorrow is another day.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:23 pm

I remembered the melatonin this time. It makes all the difference in the world to me.

I'm starving by but am trying to hold off on eating since dinner is on the plane.

I've had minestrone soup and a few corn chips and salsa.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:27 pm

Welcome home to the in Canada's! H is home in not so chipper of a mood again sigh, tax season I think ... sigh.... I need a plan for dinner. We had some rain / hail not very heavy I walked the dog to the corner.
Last edited by Nancy on Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:09 pm

Welcome home, Kathryn!

I've spent some time CUOP in PWYC.

About a dozen schools in about a 30-mile radius from me have canceled schools tomorrow and Monday in an attempt to slow down the flu. DS9 basketball practice and game is canceled also. I was told most classroom only had about 50% of the kids attending for the past several days. I didn't take DS9 to public school today because of the flu germs. DGD6 is staying with us tonight. She fell asleep right after dinner (5pm). I hope she isn't getting sick again. I just checked her forehead and she didn't feel like she had a fever.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Lilac

Postby Lilac » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:23 pm

Welcome home Kathryn!

The winter of 1968 was a very bad flu year and our local schools closed for at least a week or more. A female student, a year behind me had died after getting the flu.

I have a dr. appt. tomorrow and I would like to cancel because I just hate to go to the clinic and expose myself to sick people. Dd1 says the flu is really making the rounds at our schools and in our town in general. Today the clinic called to confirm my appt and when I seen the name on my call waiting, I was so hoping it was to cancel my appt. No such luck.

Dh and I went to see 12 Strong. It is an eye opening movie about what 12 men went through after 9-11. I highly recommend it. It is just a shame that after what they did for our country, that they came home to no fanfare.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:35 pm

dishes from dinner washing themselves, counters clean, stove clean, quick vacuum and very very surface rinse (it's dirty still but it's a bit better)
I made a nice salad instead of just cucumber salad - found out the was someone already ate some of our dinner so I asked dh to get 2 more chicken breasts (thinking dh as dd younger said she didn't have any and dh grinned)

I am done for today.

hi d lady (((for all the families with the flu))) I hope your dgd is feeling okay

hi d nancy sorry you dh is not happy

hi d kathryn are you home yay!!!

hi d lucy don't be so hard on yourself! be happy with with what you did yesterday - so you don't burn out and you also didn't get enough sleep. it's okay. you are doing great.

hi d lynlee I saw it was Australia day - Happy Australia day!!!

hi d cathy!

oh how sad about the woman passing! heartbreaking hi lilac!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:16 pm

:idea: I have retreated to cave basement. H is in a somewhat better mood now. Laundry is going. Got 5 eggs today. Winter is half over now yea.

One school very small closed 9 of 15 of students are out sick. 30 people in Wa. State have died from this flu 17 - 18.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:48 pm

AAAUAUGUGUGHHHH!!!!

This day is falling apart.
(1) balanced checkbook... found a $100 error (plus a 2 cent error, but that certainly pales with what came next)... which was disappointing enough. Seems like I ALWAYS make some kind of stupid adding subtracting mistake...
But THEN
(2) Bank fraud department calls and our debit card has been to Florida without us. Again. :evil: :evil: :evil:

* SHEESH *

*SHEESH *

Life can get soooo annoying!!!
I'm sure we'll get the $98 back, but it will take some time, and in the meantime, our debit cards are shut down so we'll have to be using checks or thinking ahead to get enough cash to buy groceries, etc.
It seems like every time this happens, it is DH's CARD, and he has used it somewhere out of our ordinary places of business. This time, he used it at a gas station we never stop at (in Next Town). We stopped there Tuesday b/c they were cheaper than anywhere else. Last time, same deal -- at a different gas station in nearby town, but one we had never been to before. I wonder if that is just a coincidence or if something about dh's card triggers it to happen somehow.

* sheesh * :evil: :evil: :evil: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Welcome home, Kathryn.

Thanks for the vote of confidence, blessed! :D

We saw 12 Strong the other night, Lilac! Loved it!
We are going to see Hostiles tonight, if dh gets out of the shower in time.
(He still doesn't feel too great, and he's in a terrible mood after the banking aggravations, but as I told dmom, he's down but not out. :roll: )

The flu season does seem to be raging all over the country. I don't think our schools are in danger of closing for it, but we were out 3 days last week for weather, plus MLK Day, so that may have helped some people recover a bit.

Happy Australia Day, Lynlee!
Tomorrow is another day.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:57 pm

Lucylee ... your husbands card could have been placed in one of the skim machines that get put in gas station pumps. Is it his debt or credit card. I use my credit in places I don’t trust.

Saw hostiles the other night loved Christian Bale. He should be nominated for his performance and it is NOT a western... just takes place in 1898 IN the West
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Return to “Post When You Can”