TIDYING THURSDAY

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

TIDYING THURSDAY

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:38 am

Ramblin Rose wrote yesterday:
Btw I always clean as I go when I’m cooking.... always have including putting away spices and such. What about y’all???
How about the rest of us -do we TIDY as we go? Do we put things away as soon as we're through with them?
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Harriet

Re: TIDYING THURSDAY

Postby Harriet » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:59 am

Hi, Dee you are being very sensible today.

For me it's Rudolph Day the 25th, though, and I have some projects out. Will try to do this starting now with Crossroads 10:00, dailies done, and nothing else unless urgent. Learned that HRH may be home a little earlier than I thought, but he will be happy to stay out of my way. This morning he warned me that what I "sewed" I would reap, so I know he remembers my hopes.

about tidying in kitchen, I do have a rather small kitchen and need to put away regularly. If things get too elaborate without intervention ;) , I can run out of counter.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:14 am

If things get too elaborate without intervention , I can run out of counter.
Oh yes, Harriet! ;)

Been updating 'things to do' over the next couple of weeks. DS-R and ddil are coming February 10-12. They're 'cruising' out of Tampa on that Monday. Will be ultra glad to see them.

Yesterday dd learned when she tried to file for dsonil's unemployment that they have 'disqualified' him for such. :evil: Not good. They cited the fact that he was let go because 'he fell asleep on the job'. As we've been told by several years' workers there -it's something that none one of them has escaped in the middle of the night, watching a computer screen. And he had so many extenuating circumstances when his immediate supervisor 'caught him'. Wasn't like he was really sleeping, hidden away. But this 'boss' looks for any way he can to try to boost himself. Oh well, it is what it is and this too shall pass. I just feel bad for both dd and dsonil as he deals with this, his dsis and his dmom. He does have a part-time job up home if he's indeed able to go up this summer. That awaits to be seen.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:59 am

focus on tidying - very good!

right now I have no focus - it's like I am the centre of the carousel (the machinery) and all the horses and animals are going around and around (representing a number of things that I can do if I just got started) The brain(machinery) is working but there isn't a focus on which animal/job I want to ride. My head is twirling but I know once I put the timer on it will limit my lack of decision.

good morning d dee
good morning d harriet
good morning everyone.

I don't clean as I go 8-) (until I did it yesterday) when I cook - boy what a difference. :D It's hard to do when you are being creative (I saw a picture of rhee ? pioneer lady? ) after she did a shoot for her cook book - dishes and pans everywhere - you always see the clean in the shots but I gave her tons of credit for putting that up there. I would love someone to clean as I cook lol. I would also love a prep cook who cut up everything lol - not really but it would be lovely to have the extended family cooking like when my d mom was young. Everyone helped put lunch on the table (bigger meal) and dinner/supper.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:02 pm

I have decided on one thing:
s2s - hopefully that will help me focus.

Wishing you all a wonderful day.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:25 pm

I would love someone to clean as I cook lol.
Just dawned on me that that was exactly what dd and I did while she marathoned making Christmas cookies. I kept all the dishes done up as she went. What a difference at the end of the day. Also did this for Thanksgiving cooking -which she did almost all week. It was a wonderful old fashioned Thanksgiving just like my dMom used to make. Wonderful memory.

Just did up what few dishes we had. Also switched the ice maker with the dish drainer. (We don't use the dishwasher). I don't know why we had it the way it was. In the past we've washed in the necessary left hand sink (because there's a garbage disposal in right sink & you can't keep water in that part very well.) That necessitated rinsing in right sink and placing dishes in the drainer on the left of the sink. See how long it takes dd to notice. :D

Think dh and I are going to leave for a shopping trip shortly. Have to go to P ublix, Al di's, L owes. I'm probably feeling more up to it today than any day thus far.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:58 pm

Not much happening around here today. I was sorting mail and discovered a jury notice in about 4 weeks in the little town south of me. We have a phone system to call the evening before to see if our number is needed. It is traffic dept / licensing people. I have knowledge of a person awaiting trial for something that happened which I do not consider his fault. One of my friends told me about this as he is a friend of hers and DH says one of their kids is in the youth group. If this is the same case I will have to declare I know the person. We are not able to remember their last name right now. I will find that out before I proceed. I have a month to figure it out. Maybe it is someone else...

Putting laundry away; dailies done; it's grey here and a bit cold in the house. Watching news to see if we have some bad weather coming.

That's about it for here today. I know when DH come in there will be a bunch of paperwork to do. Blek!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:02 pm

wonderful memories
very much so! how nice that you and your dd were working together. So much fun.
enjoy your day d dee!

d harmony best wishes on the jury notice and finding out if it is someone you know of.
we had the gray yesterday but today is sunshine. I am sending the sunshine your way

I finally s2s and looking spiffy - clean not spiffy so much. :D
put a load of towels on
dishes in dw are almost full - turned on dw.
each day I check our fridge to see what needs to go - I only found one thing.
played with dogs

dh went out and bought himself another book. ;)

now to put cards in order. and just pick. dailies should be first shouldn't they? 8-) talking to myself - Be brave and just pick something!
Last edited by blessedw2 on Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:06 pm

Good morning! I have had breakfast fed animals, got a letter out to the post. Also morning stuff mostly done. Got my schedule worked out for payroll in a calander. Found hourly pages to use for payroll yesterday when I was putting somme stuff away yea! I thought I wad going to have to create one or go to the library and print some out. That was a relief.

Last night I kept working on the paper purge project of old notebooks after dinner and got that mess corralled. Yea!

I tidied up the desk in my office and in the living room, 3 min. Pupa in ea. Room helped. I am feeling more on track. I got my notes in my spirital journal happy with that progress. I have a writing starting point that helps.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:03 pm

good morning d nancy. wonderful on the work you have done already! great on dejunking your paperwork
happy journaling.

I did a straighten desk/card file/purse run - glad I did that as it cleared my mind to be able to focus.

Next: separate laundry

Return to “Post When You Can”