Friday firsts

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harmony

Re: Friday firsts

Postby Harmony » Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:20 am

LadyM, well we're not plumbers or septic people, but we get involved with all that along the way. I've picked up a little bit of knowledge about a whole lot of stuff just by listening and watching what's going on around us. I'm sorry you ran into the clay pipe situation. They do crack with root problems or if the ground shifts, etc. The cast iron ones rust and crumble. PVC seems to hold up quite well. I'll just bet in another 25 years we will begin to see the weakness in those as well. Nothing lasts forever.

Cathy, I hope you don't take down a tree until you find out that's the actual problem. Would be sad to lose a tree and have it not fix the problem.

Ended up doing another batch of paperwork with DH. He had himself all confused with the piles of papers and he got frustrated but we got it all put together. He can't take it all in till Monday morning but he is feeling pressure from all the people wanting stuff and wanted to get it ready.

I burned my index finger pretty badly reaching up to turn off my under-cabinet light at my desk/hutch. The glass cover broke over a year ago (DH broke it changing the bulb) and that bulb is HOT! I try not to touch that part of it when I turn it off, but I was standing, and now I have a big blister on my finger. Spent a while trying to find another undercabinet light that would work in its place. The glass cover is no longer available. I do not understand the wiring to any of the ones I see so I will have to go to a couple stores and look.

Return to “Post When You Can”