Friday firsts

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Friday firsts

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:53 pm

I have to remember "You can't organize clutter" FL

timer ready - go upstairs
Last edited by blessedw2 on Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:58 pm

hi d harmony I never knew that about the pipes! interesting. Glad you had the filing done.

hi d nancy your bathroom floors, your rug and the chicken coop look great. hope your cold goes away soon!

hi d donna enjoy your time with your d grandchildren! yay on your basic cleaning!

hi d kathryn your washing machine is doing a remarkable job. yay on emptying your suitcase.

d lady - sounds like your dgd really needed the sleep - happy your dh is enjoying his "new" truck. my dh has a 77 and loves it.

hi d elizabeth glad you found your coat

Hi d lucy - have fun in the college town

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:26 pm

Dh and I napped. He set an alarm. My ankle is aching so I didn't sleep the whole time but I certainly rested.

Last load of laundry for today is done. Had problems finding places to hang it all. There will be two more loads tomorrow but today's loads will be dry by then.

I need to go down to the office now. Which means putting on boots and a coat and remembering my keys.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:26 pm

Watching Marie Antionette.

We had soup & corn bread for dinner.
Last edited by Nancy on Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:54 pm

Welcome Doona.

Waving from Saturday.
I need to eat.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:27 pm

I am cautiously moving back into the land of the living. This has been an incredible course - also incredibly hard and frustrating at times. I left the class one day at 4:30 p.m. and went upstairs and had a bit of a weepy time, then went back downstairs and kept going. I haven't left the hotel to go to the library for research. I was in the meeting room late every night except last night, when I left around sixish. Up past midnight one night trying to load files into the software we're using for chromosome analysis. I can't wait to get home and work on this more - wasn't able to load the downloaded FTDNA files so will do that at home.

Tonight is a banquet with a speaker. Tomorrow I have from 9 a.m. to five p.m. at the FHL, then I fly home on Sunday a.m.

I need to work on my list of things to research at the library so I'll be ready tomorrow.

"See" you all on Sunday, hopefully!

Thank you Lynlee!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:28 pm

Dh and I talked about some of this over supper tonight. He said the roots from the evergreen only go out as far as the branches, so that tree isn't the problem. We will take down the maple if we have to. We have 3 other maples. As much as dh loves trees, sometimes they need to be removed.

We had spaghetti and meatballs with spicy Italian sausage for dh. I cook those on the side and he adds them to his plate.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:15 pm

oh twins so happy to see you back!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:49 pm

We went out for McD for dinner. There were coupons on my kitchen counter for some reason so we used those.

Then C*stc*, and two grocery stores. We forgot to bring the cart down to the parking spot so while I was at our local store, dh ran home, took a load of things up and brought down the cart. Even so, it was two loads.

It was only $300 and that included $26 of laundry detergent, plus some meat and a pile of things we needed that weren't from the fridge and I had been putting off buying because we were going away. So, all in all, it wasn't too bad (we usually spend about $100 a week on groceries.)

We're exhausted so everything is stored, the radiator humidifiers are refilled, my bedroom humidifier is running and I'm about to tumble into bed.

Tomorrow will be another busy day. The office was closed by the time I got there so I'll go tomorrow, plus to ds's to drop off his stuff and then there's the matter of my church service and sermon for Sunday. I have an outline started and something to edit down from years ago so I just might be able to get it done without pulling my hair out.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:15 pm

Harmony - it is easy to see your vast experience with plumbing. I was nodding my head in agreement when reading your post about discovering old plumbing. When we had to replace the septic system last year we found that exact problem. We did not expect to have to replace sewer lines running from the house to the septic tank but we had no choice. When they dug up the old septic tank they discovered clay pipes. We were told as long as the clay pipes are never disturbed they will not usually be a problem. But there is no way to connect to old clay pipes because they will crumble. So we had no choice but to dig up the driveway, cut down a tree and put in new sewer lines between the house and the septic tank. What a huge mess it was.

Today went very well and was totally enjoyable (except for my extreme dislike of shopping).

I found it interesting that DBro has been told to stay away from any enclosed building with people but most definitely stay away from children, WalMart, restaurants and movie theaters. According to the people at the cancer center, those are the sources where we will have the highest chance of being exposed to germs. DBro wears gloves now wherever he goes and keeps a bottle of alcohol to pour over the gloves before he gets back into his pickup.

I didn't get the wifi system installed today. I'm too tired to mess with it tonight. Hopefully tomorrow.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Return to “Post When You Can”