Sunday Systems

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Sunday Systems

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:44 pm

we have had the flu so bad by us we are temporarily not using reg towels - only paper towels. Its actually kind of weird though.
Hope you are able to renew your spirit too d nancy!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:57 pm

Speaking of systems have a story will put in J & C.

I have done 30 min. Work out details in h & f.
Lunch is over now.

Up to 48* out considering a walk after the movie I am watching is over.
Last edited by Nancy on Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:12 pm

Home from church and lunch. I had 3 DGKids with me today. They tend to follow me around like puppy dogs. DGS21 actually grabs my hand and holds hands with me (swinging our hands back/forth) when we are walking side-by-side. Writing this makes it sound weird. Holding hands while walking is something we have done since he was a toddler. He has never outgrown it.

DGD6 lost another tooth. She has 2 more teeth that are just barely dangling. Her looks are changing fast as her front baby teeth fall out and big teeth start to come in. I wonder what her smile will look like in a few months when she has big people teeth?

I need to put my system in place for planning the week. I just realized that I did it AGAIN. I planned homeschool before planning the week. ARGH. Hopefully, I won't have to adjust the homeschool plans.

Speaking of systems. It seems being around people who use systems is somewhat contagious. During lunch today DGS21 was amused & said to me "you and your systems" as he smiled. He said this because I was chatting with DS9 about how many sweets he ate this morning. A couple weeks ago DS9 announced he wanted to limit his sweets to 7 per week (his system of controlling his sweets). DS9 struggles the most with eating sweets when he is at church. This morning he ate 2 donuts and 2 cups of hot chocolate. So that means DS9 doesn't eat sweets again until Thursday.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:00 pm

hi d nancy yay on your work!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:03 pm

hi d lady it's very sweet that your dgs 21 is wanting to spend time with you! congratulations to your dgd on giving the tooth fairy some work with loosing her teeth. I love the vision of you being a mother duck with her little ducklings following you.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:58 pm

Lady M, ds still does that with me on occasion. He's my clingy one. Broke up with his girlfriend because she isn't demonstrative. They are still best friends but that is why we call her Not The Girlfriend.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:00 pm

On our way home from DD's. Had a good play with dgs but he played a bit strange at first. Then he had too much to show me since we haven't played with his Christmas gifts yet.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:15 pm

Monday system
yoga day don't delay
Tmeds, start bfst cooking, pack cart for yoga, feed fish, read inspiration day page.
bed for readings there. gets my head in good place.
hair
breakfast - its meant to be 2hrs before yoga.

next
nails dress bed otd
bus - meditate while waiting. try not to have the rush dash shuffle run.

pay bill. let council know about ddog gone in '16.
bananas?
home
lunch
do something here.
nap?

waving to all. best wishes. prayers .
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:54 pm

Our Annual Meeting went very well (up home). And Ta-Da! I already have the minutes of the meeting typed up and saved for next year's Annual report. Think that's a record for me! Also got to meet our new pastor via F ace T ime -along with dd and dd. I really need to bring our church's website up as I know the new pastor has been taping her sermons and they're available online.

Dh went to church here and they had a Trustee's meeting after church. So glad I had decided not to go. It was well after 12:30 before he got home. He also told me that the gal who had taken over doing the bulletin and who has done the newsletter for as long as I can remember has resigned all her positions. She was also on the board of Trustees and on the Search Committee. Her dh has Alzheimers and I think it's all become too much for her. There's a couple who will be doing the bulletin for now but I think they go north for the summer. Dh said he was being good and didn't volunteer me. I might at some point volunteer to help out. Guess this gal also has an 'issue' with someone. Have an idea who but I sure don't want it to get blown up. There's enough going on with the interim pastor being voted down as permanent pastor.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:30 pm

Hello! I got home around 4:30 and slept until 6:30. Then I walked the dog and put pajamas on. :lol:

This was a really really hard course - a lot of quirks about the software we were using and it was just super frustrating at times. I spent the entire day in the classroom several days - leaving only at night when the hotel finally kicked up out around 9 p.m. And I stayed up late in the room after that...

I think it will take several days for me to recover. The cleaning lady was here on Friday, but I came in and just dropped things and am leaving a mess tonight. Dh is still away and will be home on Tuesday afternoon.

Tomorrow a.m. I need to do a "brain dump" and get moving.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Return to “Post When You Can”