Sunday Systems

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Sunday Systems

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:32 am

Tea and chocolate was consumed while reading my denomination's magazine.

It had a wonderful article on Indigenous Australian (apparently Aboriginal is no longer used) rock art and religion. It helped fill in some of the missing pieces from the tour guides and reinforce others. For one guide, the paternalistic thinking about the Anangu (the four 'tribes' that came together to reclaim Uluru) caused me to write down a quote. It certainly helped me understand how far the Anangu have come in their fight. They got the right to vote almost a century after the slaves did in the US. They were not counted as part of the population of Australia until 1967. Those are pretty breath-taking facts about how little value was put on these people and their beliefs.

Now to get moving. Ds texted that he needs clothes. We'll drop those off on our way to my church service (it is about 20 miles out of the way but along the highway so timing isn't too bad.) He thinks he'll be able to work tonight.

I was in bed 10 hours last night so, as the tea kicks in, I'm feeling rested bordering on alert. I'm still taking melatonin (I start with 4 or 5 the first day and take one less tablet per night until I take none after a large time shift, otherwise, I take one per time zone shift) so I'm feeling groggy from that. It doesn't help me get to sleep but it does help me return to sleep when I wake up. I was awake at 1 and 6 last night. Dh was awaken again around 3 (I woke him by accident at 1) and stayed up until 6, watching tv in the other room. He doesn't take melatonin.

I also take additional fibre capsules to help my system reset, although that hasn't happened yet. I'm regular, just morning time in Sydney. Which is interesting. It would be more convenient if I could reset to EST today since I'm preaching at 6 a.m. Sydney time!

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:52 am

Hi everyone!

It's not even noon on a Sunday and wee are already on page 2!

today I need to get 2 loads of laundry done. As soon as I post, I will sort and start the first load. I will do the other one after supper.

Dh brought in ribs from the freezer in the garage.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:05 pm

Was picturing you, Harriet. Made me think of dd's class who took a big test yesterday (yes on Saturday). They had asked her if they needed to wear school dress and her answer was no, they could come casual. One asked if they could wear their pj's and she told them, "If that's what you want". Well, one did come dressed in his pj's. His mom is one of the teachers there and I'm sure she was shaking her head. :D
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Donna's Lifestyle

Postby Donna's Lifestyle » Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:10 pm

Good Morning
All system are down here, the stomach virus that is going around hit me hard last nite, got up to call let DK5 know, hoping and praying 11month old DGRK does not catch it.
Harriet we have a 14 yr old Minature long hair Dachshund, he has ruled our house since he was 6 weeks old :)
Hope to be back tomorrow

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:12 pm

oh my goodness d donna - I hope you feel better fast!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:14 pm

hi cathy!

dh and I are starting house together. I slept all day until 4 when we had to leave bc of a horrible headache sinus deal.

okay: I did order groceries today - I didn't want to over shop and I dislike grocery shopping on Sundays.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:22 pm

We were going to the buffet today but my bs is up in to ack land tnis morning so no breakfast for me. I have taken my morning meds.
I have been out to feed and water the hens.
H is better and able to sleep with put coughing. I cough some when I first get up the it settles down. I made out a menu plan for the week and looked over my planner. Living room zone this week is good news it is not to bad yea!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:12 pm

hi d nancy!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:16 pm

as the floors looked gross I asked dh to help me with a surface house blessing. even though I have been doing weeklies (basic) d dogs are shedding dirt and fur more than usual.
including swiffer hand duster, vacuum floors, swiffer floor duster, swiffer rinsing (not behind anything), and spritz bottom of windows for dog nose prints and a clutter manage session. I don't think dh is as thrilled.

so far: front room done/hallway done/surface in powder room :D
dining room surface done :D 15 minutes
family room about 15 minutes - :D took the duster under the couch - I know behind the couch where it meets the wall it is filthy but that will have to go another day. Today is only surface.
finished kitchen surfaces :D thank goodness dh did dishes
emptied dw from yesterday :D
counters cleaned, chopping block cleaned
surface vacuumed, swiffer dusted, swiffer washed but not under table as dogs were lying there.
put away groceries :D

I asked dd's to help me empty out the upstairs hall closet and put it in dh and my bedroom - :arrow: dd older is sick today with body aches. She is doing laundry and watching a show that I can't watch - the versace movie. Dd younger is cooking which is always nice.
plus dh has decided the dishes were enough and no more work. ;) :D I guess I was the only one who wanted to get this done.

dh is hand washing dishes... I don't know why he just doesn't put it in the dw - but I am thrilled and thankful he washed dishes.
dh gave up in the kitchen - I was hoping counters and vacuuming and maybe a swiffer rinse but he is sitting at the dining room table. (I won't expect more but a little bit I am wanting someone else to pick up the slack with me).

yesterday when we all ate out I was thrilled by the table next to us - ten children under 3 and a brand brand new baby - maybe 2 weeks and then a 2 month old etc. It was a party of 25 young couples - they all looked like family and spouses. We had only 18 of us but it was so fun to see everyone that could come!
Last edited by blessedw2 on Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:00 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:40 pm

Waving to all. I have changed out the towels put clean ones up. I painted a couple of rocks. H is up now. I am waiting a bit to walk w ddog 42* out now it is supoosed to get up to 52* later on . I put away clothes, still need to make my bed done. I have rounded up the laundry.

Hope you all get to renew your spirit today.
Last edited by Nancy on Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Post When You Can”