Sunday Systems

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Sunday Systems

Postby Harriet » Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:36 am

Our systems work for us. Sometimes it's a great relief to follow the system and not have to reinvent the wheel! We check them and make sure they are fitting our needs.

Sunday is such a good day to look at the week ahead and begin to calendar, to review our cards, planners, calendars, make some notes, and check with others to find out what their schedules hold.

Harriet

Re: Sunday Systems

Postby Harriet » Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:45 am

I have been checking with dd19 to arrange our schedules. I'll pick her up at 7:45 outside her dorm, which means I arise at 5:45 and get started with my day. Sitting here in an old-style snap-front housecoat and curlers. I said to HRH, if you want to remember what the old photos of your great-aunts were like again, look no further.

I have a new cereal to try this a.m. Looking for something quicker but still very healthy for Sunday mornings, so that the most hectic (usually) morning of the week can be a little calmer. My usual system works well because I do my kitchen morning chores while the slow-cooking oatmeal is bubbly, but a tweak for Sundays may be best.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:48 am

What kind of cereal, Harriet?

I probably had the best night I've had in weeks. Was up around 1 with a low BS but took care of that and went right back to sleep. Was up at 6:15 and tried going back to sleep. Finally got up about 7 and took my T-med.

I've been out for 1,000 step walk already and now am ready to take the rest of my meds and get my breakfast. I'm the only one up. I am trying to be careful with my left knee. That's really acting up again. But I am determined to get several thousand steps in despite the discomfort. Trying to do about 500 an hour. We'll see how that works.

Dsonil came home late yesterday. His dniece stayed overnight with his dMom. He got a good hot shower and did a few loads of laundry. Imagine he'll be heading back to Plant City before too long.

I have our church's Annual Meeting a little after noon. (up home) Have to have dd help me get the S kype or/and F ace time set up here. Not sure if she's going to church with dh or not. I decided last night that I'm not even going to attempt it.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:32 am

Wishing Mr. Helia a very happy birthday. He's in NL, is he not, Helia?

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:23 am

Happy Birthday to helia's dh!

Hello to Donna. What kind of dog do you have?

Dee, you and Nancy are switching knee pain - hers feel better, and there yours go! I hope you both feel better and stick that way!

It's the Qi'a brand "superseeds and grains", Dee, and Lynlee's addition of a seed cereal to her days made me notice it in the aisle, I think, when dsecondmil asked me to go with her to a local healthy food store. She didn't know how to drive there, didn't know what they carried, and figured I'd know where things were and make her trip easier the first time. We both noticed the cereal on a display and decided to buy one box and share the packets. It's pretty good, but I do like simple oatmeal better, with a chewier texture. A good, microwave-ready choice, though. Of course it got my usual treatment of a couple diced fruits.

Dd19 is home safe and went by herself to rehearsal, where I happen to know our tenor will meet her. They will do beautifully today, and I can sit and be ordinary.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:28 am

My personal system (my body) is still recovering so I am just waking up.

Time to get out of bed and moving. It is a bright, sunny, day. That was not forecast.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:47 am

It's still semi-sunny here. Not sure what time to expect storms. Do need to go charge my phone for a little bit -Moderator from up home is supposed to try face timing me about 10. If that doesn't work we'll try S kype.

I just came back from another walk & I'm up to 3,500 steps so far. I AM determined. My aim is for at least 8,000. 10,000 is still a bit of a reach. Knee is 'there' but I'm using my cane for the most part. Dh just left for church.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:00 am

Mr. helia happy birthday!
Fijne verjaardag
it is always a joy to be here with you!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:14 am

Oh aren't you smart, Blessed! :D

Have F ace T ime set up with moderator up home. DD has gone to lie down with a migraine for a while. But she did take her 'magic' med which usually quells one in a short time.

We're going to P ublix after the annual meeting to pick up water, cole slaw and bananas. P ublix because we like their cole slaw. Yum. We're having pulled pork sandwiches with the cole slaw.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:17 am

I normally wouldn't say this but it fits for me: Amen to
Sometimes it's a great relief to follow the system and not have to reinvent the wheel!

Good morning d Harriet!
today when I woke up I had the same thought of looking ahead. I know this week is closets and I have been working towards emptying the upstairs closet this week.

loved the curlers and housecoat d harriet! I even told dh that I am thinking of getting a cotton house dress (snapped in the front too but no sleeves) like my dear grandmother had - she would take off her nice cloths and she wore the house coat in the house when cleaning and cooking. my grandmother was petit compared to me - so it would not be a good look but I am really really thinking about it. 8-) just don't know if dh could handle it. :lol:

hi d dee I am so happy you had a wonderful night sleep! Good for you! Good for you on your walking as well. I hope your dd's migraine goes away!!!
google translate 8-)

hi d kathryn Enjoy the sunshine!

its sunny, for now, here. The news said it is going to be cloudy and may snow a bit or drizzle.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Return to “Post When You Can”