MONDAY MANSIONS

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: MONDAY MANSIONS

Postby Nancy » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:37 pm

I am happy to say, I have slept well feeling better, the rest this weekend helped!
:idea: I had a lite bulb moment salsa is veg.!
S2s, comb out my hair, fed animals & me, round up and start laundry take out trash, clean off handrail, take painted rocks outside all done.

One of the rocks had these words on it "Love yourself first!"

Waving to everyone! WTG on your progress.
Last edited by Nancy on Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:43 pm

I am so happy you slept well d nancy!

hi d elizabeth - look how nice everything looks at your home! Refrigerator, tables printer counter - lovely
sorry your dance is over for now!

hello all!!!

heading out. a load of laundry is in the wash (dh is home), dishes in dw done - I asked if could empty it
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:49 pm

:lol: Saw some pointers on things to clean on The Weather Channel bc of colds / flu, the fridge door handle, hand towels, faucets, remote phones doing these next. :mrgreen: Done! These were my Monday missions!
I cooked pasta and made up pasta salad for h lunches. Yea!

Daily change hand towels here and just after kiddos leave consider kid print ones for them to use or each person has their own color of towel set. You might consider paper plates for various reasons, illness, drain field issues.etc.

Swept ~main floor area.
Stairs x
A M routine x
Vacuum living room X I lke to do this on Mon. Before Tues. trash day.
8-) Sun came out walk dog done.
Last edited by Nancy on Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:35 pm, edited 10 times in total.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:39 pm

((Twins' and dmother))

Wrote and mailed the last 2 payroll checks. Had to wait to the last minute this month on authorization to write these, and these two people had already left church - frustrating. Used "Just a note" pretty note card for one, to be able to write that our family was thinking of part-time secretary's family after the loss of her mother - that's appropriate, isn't it, combining those? I hope it's not a social no-no, since I don't know her as well as I do the others.

Nancy, we also heard that kitchen dishtowels should be put on a more frequent washing/changing schedule during high virus seasons. Had never thought of that.

Speaking of kitchen dishtowels, I solved my problem from a week or two ago with a milky-clear rubber maid type storage box. Potholders and hotpads are still in the same drawer with the trivets, but dishtowels are in the box, away from odors in that drawer or below, and otherwise protected. It looks rather neat on the top of fridge right now. Could relocate, of course. Easy to take out the stack and put a newly clean one on the bottom, or pick out a seasonal design.

Speaking of kitchen dishtowels, ToddlerC and I have found a cheerful solution to those that fall from the oven door handle when children (or adults) don't mean for them to. :) A hot-curler clip in the middle holds the towel onto the handle, easy-clean and relatively heat resistant. Takes just a second to remove the towel or put it back. I know there are cute ways to sew or stitch a topper for a half-towel to hang onto a handle, and one of these days, I'm going to have time to make one of those... ...

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:59 pm

Hi everyone!

Not a McMansion, but I must keep repeating that "my home is my castle" these days. Even if the moat is overflowing...

Someone is coming to dig "it" up on Wednesday. We now have back up coming into the house. (Tub) Trying to be strong here, but it's not working. Insurance called at 4:58 on Friday and the guy hasn't called back since. Plus he isn't at work today. Dh called the insurance company and told them that we want someone else who is actually available.

Plus the one car accident that we didn't even hear on Friday night and the dog being dropped off at our house on Saturday night. There is also a major snow storm coming tonight. Dh and I have a meeting at the bank in an hour.

We feel like we are being tested.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:24 pm

We feel like we are being tested.
KWYM, Cathy. And just why is it that all these things seem to fall at the same time? Do 'good' things fall the same way? Hmmmm.....wondering.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:25 pm

I'm home and dmom is back at assisted living. No evidence of bleeding in the brain, she is very very achy and they put two or three staples in the cut on her head. She's very very confused however and is taking a nap back. I'm feeling weepy and low. She is so confused.

And I've lost the momentum I would have had this a.m. I did make an ambitious list for the week while I was at the hospital but my energy is gone and I didn't even get most of a.m. routine done this a.m.

Right now:
-clear kitchen counters
-clear breakfast bar counters
-take ibuprofen for headache
-unload and sort dirty clothes
-empty computer bag
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:40 pm

(Cathy) that's a lot to happen at once.

I've cuop and have a lot of replies swirling in my head. We'll see what I remember.

I often go around in my house, dressed in my "duster" with snaps down the front and my hair in curlers. I do feel like I've taken special effort to take care of "me" when I do that after a nice shower/shampoo. I have always worn those dusters. I have 2 in my closet. When it's cold I use the wrap-around warmer ones.

My house feels like a McMansion when I begin cleaning it. I have separate dining room, living room, family room, big eat-in kitchen, master bedroom, 3 bathrooms, 3 other bedrooms (1 is the office) and 2 outside porches. Laundry room and garage which right now is in need of a huge clean. I really can't even clean it all in one day like I used to.

My kitchen looks pretty good after all my work in there Saturday.

Twins, I'm hoping you aren't coming down with that flu. And hoping Donna is feeling better.

I'm trying to be careful of germs but one can only do so much. DH is oblivious to germs...

Last night was small group and I took my 2 pies which I baked Sunday morning. You'd have thought I'd taken 2 plates of gold to give out. Maybe no one does homemade pies any more? Every single person thanked me for them. One lady wanted to know how I got the cherries so delicious. Told her I made the crusts myself but the fillings were out of cans! :lol:

Dee, I've driven by the Port of Tampa once and was :shock: at the big ships there. I tend to think of Tampa as a big city, and forget it is by a bay into the Gulf.

Sat. night before I got into my pj's and duster, I colored my hair. Not because I was tired of the grey, but thought it might give it some more body (which coloring does). Lilac, I think it makes me look a bit younger too. I'm not fooling anybody because I don't color that often and everybody knows I have some grey.

Kathryn, we have a distant relative who married a native Australian. DMom told me this, she used to write to a couple distant relatives who told her about this. Sunny might know more about this than I remember. I'm pretty sure the relative is gone now.

Last 3 days of the month now. I wrote payroll check and did taxes for this month. Worked on the checkbook. I need to consider if I want to try the new excel spreadsheet starting in Jan '18 or do I just want to copy the older version '17 to use this year. I suppose I could try the new one and if it's too difficult go back to the older version. This new stuff is getting a little easier to use, thank goodness. DH is still lost with a bunch of it.

Next up: find receipt and take 2 heavy bags back to HD and stop at WM for some groceries: salad fixins, chicken, and milk.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:45 pm

It's starting to snow here.

(((Twins)))

Just walking through my house contemplating things and thinking which is the job that I wish I could do right now and what are others ones that would be the most important. Dishes. I really want to have clean dishes.

Laundry can wait another week. I have clean clothes and clean bed sheets. Dh has clean underwear.

Dh is here with the guys that are going to dig stuff up.

I read somewhere yesterday that Walmart is the place to avoid if you are trying to avoid germs.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:27 pm

Getting into bed for a nap. Not sure if I'm sick or just wanting to get away from it all.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Return to “Post When You Can”