Timer Tuesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Re: Timer Tuesday

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:29 pm

I hope you get to feeling better Dee. Warmer weather is in sight. I feel better with more sunlight too. About the masks - the ER said yesterday that there is a shortage and that they would probably run out yesterday. I had inadvertently taken more than one and they asked that I only take one. I just ordered some from A-River to have here at home. Easier than going out to CVS or Tar-jay looking for them.

I sent an email to a distant cousin with some of the info I found on the trip. Also hung to dry the load of laundry I started earlier, and started another light load to hang to dry.

I need to do a few more things right now:
-s2s
-fold two lols
-walk the ddog
-refills meds/vitamins for the week
-water plants

The file I'm unloading now to GMP will probably take more than 24 hours to process. I'm letting it run to see if it will load. Otherwise I will need to split the the file and upload in sections. It's at 28K of 973K, not even 5%.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:35 pm

The 'timer' is definitely my best friend today. Put the LOL in the dryer and did the dishes. Poor dh is obviously so bored. He's not used to sitting around. And I'm just not fit to be out and about. I did remove the towel from the fridge door handle and have a roll of paper towels there. Hopefully dd won't mind using those instead at least for now. Probably wouldn't be a bad idea any time. Just don't have a really good space for them by the sink. But I'll get it figured out. Am going to put the disenfectant spray on the coffee table by the remotes so we can keep them sprayed.

I'm just as glad I chose not to go to church with dh Sunday. Our meeting (up north) started about 12:20 and he didn't get home until about 12:45. The sermon went long -we have pulpit supply. And then he had a short Trustee's meeting. So when our next meeting comes up in March I'll just plan ahead to simply stay home. Never know what's going to come up. That will be a short meeting for the congregation to meet on the Mission Budget -that's figured by how much is pledged for missions for the year and then divided accordingly.

I'm off to set my timer for 10 minutes.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:41 pm

<This sat here for a while. In the meantime I vacuumed and mopped the kitchen and vacuumed the living/dining rooms.>

I worked for a number of 15's. I find I'm not hearing my watch alarm when it goes off. That's not good.

I made a big mess by knocking down a plant so 2 x 15's was spend cleaning up and repotting. Another 15 was spent on putting clean sheets on the bed and the final 15 on slipshod cleaning the kitchen (except the floor which needs washing badly now because of the spilled plant.)

I'm also s2s and have had breakfast.

My senior friend called and I spent 30 minutes on the phone with her but got the travel toiletry supply drawer cleaned out and put back.

Next up - vacuum kitchen and mop the floor. The bedroom was the high priority but then the plant mess came along.

We leave in 70 minutes so I also need to get my lunch in there.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:32 pm

I need a timer so badly today - what a great day to work with all of you with my timer!

I didn't wake up until 10:30 - I was up at 6:00 and closed my eyes for one more second - I didn't go to bed until 1 am because I spoke to dd older who has been having horrible days at work the last 2 weeks - her boss was especially yelling yesterday and everyone at work was ducking out early and she couldn't - She has so much on her plate and can't keep up with his demands as she is not a designer or architect or engineer and expects her to have all that knowledge or get it fast. She was in tears when I spoke to her. She had to stay at work until 11:30 pm because her boss is a night owl and doesn't get to work until 1:30 pm every day (he sleeps in) - she is there every morning and these recent late nights are hard on her body. The money is very good but is it worth it.

I have a lot to do today - I want to go out in the cold sunshine but I know what needs doing.

Question - my card file works well for me but I can see no one else gets it in my family - if I wanted to do a journal for them more then myself how would I go about it? dd yesterday said she doesn't get it and she tried. I pull a bunch of cards in the morning and I don't do all of them of course but I know the gist of my day- to her it is confusion
Last edited by blessedw2 on Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:40 pm

D kathryn Thank you for starting us!

hi d lady - I love the vision of your sweet happy-go-lucky girl

d twins so happy your fever is gone

d dee praying that you are getting healthy not going backward

d harmony hello hello

d nancy snow drops always a sign of good things to come.

Donna's Lifestyle

Postby Donna's Lifestyle » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:59 pm

Hello Ladies
Was taken to the hospital early yesterday morning, I collapsed around 4:30am yesterday when trying to get to bathroom, I had become very dehydrated with the stomach virus, which set off my BP which is very erratic on a good day. IV's for hydration and meds to help control the constant vomiting, and my cardiologist overseeing my BP meds, I was able to come home this morning but have to call in for the next 2 days with my Drs offices on how I am doing especially BP as it has put me in hospital more then I can count :roll:
Hope to be back to normal soon..
Take Care

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:18 pm

oh no dearest donna - I hope you feel fast very soon!!!!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:22 pm

I still have not watered plants and refilled meds. I am moving slowly but the walk with the ddog in the sunshine was nice.

-water plants
-refill meds/vitamins
-ck on dh's flights
-reboot laundry
-lunch

Oh my goodness, Donna. Here's to healing at home!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:17 pm

I am glad you had a lovely walk with your d dog. It must have been wonderful being outside d twins!

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:18 pm

(((BIG HUGS))) for all still fighting the flu and related “bugs.”

No time to cuop — I am
— waving from Mt Ironmore
— while making frequent stops at Camp Laundry
— and preparing to greet the Thundering Herd (dgd will be here in about 30 min and we’ll have to pick up dgs at school.) :)
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”