Timer Tuesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Timer Tuesday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:22 pm

On the bus home from haircuts.

Dd texted me to ask that I take advantage of a sale they have on right now so that saved her over 25% on hair products and a trip downtown.

It will be snack time when I get home so I need to pick up hummus on the way home to have with my veggies.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:23 pm

what has been done:
counters swiped
sink clean
tossed something that I needed to toss from kitchen

what I can see needs doing - washing the fronts of cabinets and appliances :arrow: later
vacuum and swiffer rinse floor in kitchen :arrow: later

"anything you do is better than nothing" "just do something; it all adds up" Diane in Denmark
"just pick something and start there"

my meds box says I took my meds - I honestly think I didn't but I don't think I can risk trying to take more meds.

I am just imagining d lucy on top of mt. laundry proudly waving her family flag of accomplishment!

have an nice trip home d kathryn.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:38 pm

I am heading out in a few to pick up dh at the airport. I'm constantly monitoring my body for signs of illness. My back, shoulders and arms achy.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:05 pm

I am back from errand running today. It took half the time that it took last week to do it. Got hens feed & scratch, went to knitting mtg afterall for a while. Did 2 rounds of yd work before I left and one more when I got home have moved the pile of branches from in front of the house yea me!

Groc. are unloaded and put away. Got a new mop I am happy about that!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:26 pm

praying that it is not the flu d twins
have a safe trip to the airport

d nancy welcome back from errand

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:28 pm

I finally took the village down and packed and put away :oops: took me a long time to put away but it is done :D
dusted the top of the china cabinet where the village was as well.

flipped laundry I will put on timer(for when the laundry should be done) as I will be upstairs

next dh's bathroom, and hallway bathroom I had swiped dh's bathroom the other day and again it stinks - :shock: I don't get how he doesn't notice

checked dd youngers bedroom and it is spotless and vacuumed!

struggling to focus - back to the timer
Last edited by blessedw2 on Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:04 pm

Oh no, Donna -do hope you're doing better. Get well. Guess many of us need that 'get well vibe'.

I'm sipping a cup of honey/lemon. Trying to quell this coughing. Not sure dh is feeling all that well either. :? I've taken one of the cough capsules, sucked on a cough drop, did doze off for a little bit. Sure disisil is wondering why we haven't been over. "Surely they can't still be sick!" Did see them for breakfast and then went over to their house for about an hour on Thursday. Will probably call tomorrow.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:10 pm

Home. I'm at 6K steps for the day and need to work on averaging 10K per day so I need to get 7 more today. Not likely to happen but I will get on the treadmill later (either before or after dinner.)

Dh was expecting a call from NZ and couldn't get to the phone so I ran to get it. We unplugged my office phone when the battery went on the front door phone so we could still open the door over the Christmas season. So I didn't hear the phone ringing in the office and really had to run.

Dragged out a phone from the spare bedroom that isn't used and in unplugging it knocked the tall bookcase beside, tumbling the decorative contents all over me and breaking some things.

Sigh... I am so large now, I no longer know where the edges of my body are. As well, that's why my phone fell on dgs yesterday, the pocket would be deep enough for my phone but I'm so big, my tummy ratcheted the phone up and when I leaned over, it fell on him.

This is why I'm working so hard to lose weight. Aside from the pain of the knees and ankle, the embarrassment of how I look and the expense of buying new, larger, clothes, there's also the problem of my constantly knocking or dropping things because I'm walking into walls or door frames while carrying things and having them knocked out of my hands (or completely knocking over another piece of furniture when leaning over because my body is wider than it used to be.)

Anyway, for the second time today (the first being the plant) I'm going to have to spend time cleaning up a mess made solely because I'm so large.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:10 pm

Feel better, Donna, and all who are in recuperation mode or fighting.

Trash day today so a lot of work on that and recycling. Kitchen trash bag (had to buy a cheap brand) seemed threatening - I haven't had one pop on me in years, but if it was going to happen I figured this was it, so I manhandled that farther than the rest, all of which will wait on HRH now.

Wind is the reason I won't go any farther outdoors. Easy to build muscle with the bags compared to dealing with the susceptibility my ears always have to high wind. I have already run an errand for him into the world, and had to be very protective of my ears. Time to know my limitations.

Kathryn, I had a weight loss thought today but hadn't thought about posting it. Maybe I will in H and F.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:00 pm

hi happy trash day d harriet great work! nothing worse than cheap breaking garbage bags. :shock: :D woo hoo weight loss

welcome home d kathryn yay on getting 6 of the 10 in. You Will be able to get back on track - it's hard when you are traveling!

honey lemon sounds good d dee.

struggled with closet upstairs - I took almost everything out of the closet - my brain feels so cluttered and decisions are hard right now. Everything is in our bedroom. This is also where all our films etc. are in and I need to get them made into dvd s but I don't know how. photos always clutter my thinking and I don't know where to start. It's horrible having too many things (photos) and not knowing where to begin. So confusing for me.

I have to find somewhere to get my films viewable. Does anyone have any suggestions?

bathrooms are done - easier but time consuming (I did swipe during the week) :D
helped dd younger wash down some of her room. :D
Flipped more laundry :D but not put away :shock: - I was thinking when the tv is on I will put all the cloths on hangers and then bring them upstairs

dh didn't do any house work today - more of a putzing day.

what's the next right thing: put cards done into their respective spots
and make dinner :D

I never got outside :shock:

my photos are my worst job again. Just when I think I am getting ahead. I am going to make them a priority - I need everything done by May

future this week: upstairs hall closet
empty the rest of the closet of photos, wash the walls and shelving. paint it after vacuuming rug.
Last edited by blessedw2 on Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Post When You Can”