Wednesday Wellness

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Wednesday Wellness

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:46 pm

home again from errands.
tmi - I bought one of those nettie things for myself. I feel like I am getting a cold :shock: :roll:

dd younger got a lovely response to one of her photos from a professional photographer telling her she has talent. That really made her feel good considering he is ahead of the photo division of a well known company.

going to get changed into home cloths
after so many days of bad eating - the pizza the other day and left overs from that the next day - my pants are tight. bummer. I am a big chick any way so this is not good.

dd younger has been awake again another day. The new meds are working!!! She actually feels full now since the new meds too.

Next:
change
empty tar get run and what few groceries we needed for dd youngers vegan chile
order new book on audible

then dailies
put away laundry - hang it up
flip flop laundry
pull out more boxes out of closet
other: add up bills from visa

tomorrow: bring in dvd's to get copies made
office supply store - one booklet
bank pay visa
Last edited by blessedw2 on Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:48 pm

Errands/out:
Have sent in the Angel Tree annual report to VA.
Went out to make deposit for church.
Checked one more time with produce manager of healthy foods store and the greens I wanted were in (even got a head of bok choy direct from the truck, yay). So shopped a little, but didn't need much else.

Noting this was recyclables day (2-week rotation)

Back home, a delivery arrived (not the delayed one), so that's the sprouts, an academic book for dd19, and the Black Bean Garlic Sauce that's become impossible to find on shelves here.

A-river has had the only problems we've experienced for deliveries for years. Others are as expected. the recent problem is not so much delivery as making shipping promises that can't be fulfilled. Ds says to expect that as the US becomes more and more dependent upon A-river, customer service will become worse. I imagine that would be true, but no idea what to do about it. As I told him, "but I need them". And he said, "a-ha."

Dd19's bag for delivery from me now has 4 items and growing. I don't know if she might ask a commuting friend to pick it up. I do know that one way or another she will be with me Sun morning, thank goodness, so maybe she'll just wait to get it then.

Can't believe it will be time to turn our calendars.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:50 pm

hello d kathryn

hi d cathy

hi d harriet

hi d lady

hi d sunny nice to see you too

hi d nancy

hello to everyone!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:46 pm

Harriet: re: Amazon. Yes, it is easier but keep watch on how dependent you get on them. Can't get a sauce you like? Either learn to make your own or find another brand. Can't live without fast delivery? Question yourself about your dependence on 'stuff.' If the item is not worth your time to go buy from a store, then perhaps it isn't worth owning at all.

We've used Amazon to the point that buying a book without it is almost impossible. Do we want that to be true for everything else we buy?

Despite what I just wrote, I have bought 4 items on Amazon today!

One is not available in Ottawa (toner for our obsolete but still running fine printer.)
My night cream is not available anywhere I've looked - Ottawa, Upstate NY, California. It is no longer carried by drug stores (I used to be able to special order it.) They have changed formulation so I need to get to the library and see what the 'next great thing' is now that AHA is no longer the new skin care sensation it used to be. I'm annoyed that things like AHA, which work, get superseded by 'new' products so something that works and is affordable is no longer available.

The phone batteries I probably could have bought somewhere in town.

The wireless remote control electrical outlet switch probably could have been bought at an electrical store. But I'm not sure about that. (It is for dh's bidet toilet seat so it isn't providing electricity to the seat all the time. He needs the power to run the pumps but he doesn't need the seat or the water being warmed all the time so to save electricity he had it on a power bar. This is smaller so will take up less room and be more accessible because of the remote control.

Over Christmas, I ended up buying off of other online sources or in stores. Except for items I can't get locally, I'm starting to rebel a bit against Amazon. We're losing a lot of stores these days (Sears is gone now in Canada, ToysRUs is in receivership) so if we don't shop locally, we may not be able to in the future.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:33 pm

Agreeing with Kathryn, if you want local stores you need to use them. And if we want a choice of stores, using the big name cheap chain gets rid of the competition.
Am azon is wanting to take over here. I'm not sure how it will go. Its in the starting gate.
The big name stores all have an online department.
Personally - I refuse to do anything with money on line, or by phone, which is a penalty for me, but I'm hoping it works out in the end. Most things aren't really essential.

Harriet - I think the seeds need soaking for ? length of time, and thorough rinsing before they get to the daily rinsing bit, so please do check on that.

The close moon has big seas running and high high tides. I could have driven hours to the north to see the moon last night. Maybe dsis elder saw it.

An earlier lights out last night, and waking 3 hrs early at 3.30, ahhh, hoping I can get around that. I may need to sneak up on earlier bedtimes.

today
load of washing hanging about.
calendars turned.
breakfast eaten.

appointment today. I'll have a wet walk from the bus stop. Will need the brolly.
I may go into town to buy goat milk, so I don't suddenly run out. On not.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:11 pm

Dinner is done. I need to get going on the kitchen cleanup. Dh only reheated dinner except for making himself fries but I'll do the cleanup anyway. I'm probably avoiding the things I should be doing.

Working on keeping the inbox under control. Not inbox zero but after a month there are only 18 emails in my inbox, down from over 1200 on Jan 1.

The traffic outside is insane. It is after 7 here and it is as bad as the height of a usual rush hour. Apparently the buses aren't doing well either (one person online was saying it took over an hour for one of the buses to stop at the next bus station (a government complex) because they were all full so they weren't stopping.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:21 pm

Interesting discussion. Dh thinks I order too much from A mazon. What he doesn't get is that sometimes it's household or pantry supplies and that keeps me from running all over trying to find something. Saves gas, saves my time. Perhaps I'm becoming too dependent on easy procurement but otoh if I'm paying for Prime I should use it. Received garbanzo bean flour today - local P ublix doesn't carry it, so I would have needed a trip to WF for it.

As long as we're on the subject, he keeps fussing at me to go to the doctor. I don't need to go to a doctor - I know I am sick and it's not complicated. I probably could have gotten Tamiflu except now I'm past the first 48 hours and I felt that, because I had the flu shot, if it was the flu I wouldn't have it as bad. And a z pack of antibiotics doesn't help the flu or a cold.

I ordered myself a pizza - still "treating" myself with food, but somehow I felt I needed "comfort" food tonight. Dh is having dinner out with friends.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:45 pm

H is home now. Still lite outside. I raked the front yard to finish out my exercise for the day. H has been fed and ia downstairs watching car tv they changed the eays of that just when I got used to the other schedule. I am out of sorts.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:00 pm

There is one nearby store I feel a little guilt about in that I order from A-river now and don't go there. I will have to think about it. It is part of a chain, but not a large one. Otherwise, things I've purchased lately from A-river are either items I know are too obscure to be found locally, or those I've tried to shop for personally and couldn't find. Now at Christmas, this was not the case. Twins' is right that the prime membership is a decision with a lot of sides. Having purchased it, you feel you should get the value from it. A variety of trucks/people delivering rather than 1 or 2 usual delivery guys/gals, weighs as a negative.

Ta-Das:
A big living room cleaning and declutter push today all around our television and the adjacent computer, hard drive, cord strip and all the media stored in the stand, plus generally cleaned that area of the room. Used a product called "zippered cable organizer - 2.5 feet sleeve" to corral all cords behind the television. Very pleased. Moved some adjacent furniture for neatness sake, as well.

Started another flat of broccoli sprouts and
soaking the mung beans overnight, Lynlee, and will rinse in the a.m.

Good start on scheduling next week, when I will switch babysitting to Thurs in order to be at the study Tues. Ddil will have worked a 12-hour shift overnight at the hospital as she finishes an obligation there, and will need to sleep through the morning.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:13 pm

Wellness — I had hearing exam today (to help dfriend schedule her quota). Good report. No problems with my hearing at all, except in some extremely high pitched, low volume sounds. The man said that is nothing to be concerned about.
Apparently I just do not pay attention when dh is talking...

I am so sleepy today! I’m just giving in to it bc tomorrow I’ll have dgd for 4 hrs and both for about 6 more, and then dgs until Sunday, minus 5.5 hrs he will be at school Friday. I’m already exhausted!
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”