Wednesday Wellness

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Re: Wednesday Wellness

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:52 am

Wellness is a good theme for today. I'm still struggling somewhere between sick and well, but I have a very low grade fever. And now I'm sneezing and my nasal passages are, ah, draining. (sorry if TMI) I'm going to email re missing the archives committee meeting today at temple and missing tai chi tonight. I'm going to use S hipt and order groceries.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:16 am

Lynlee, sorry that folks couldn't look up and see. I wonder if aircraft above your cloud cover got photos from your place, anyway? It's nice to think maybe they did.

Lilac, congratulations to you and dh on 47 years.

Thinking of each one who has let us know they or family are under the weather.
Wellness -
sprouts seeds ordered on Lynlee's say-so :lol: (no, not really - she bears no liability) will arrive today. That may be an interesting wellness project today.

A-river really let us down on another order. They promise delivery on an exact date, and clicking on that payment goes through fine, same date promised. But when that day comes, an email shows that it will be much later, without explanation. Finally a tracking number is available, and the customer can see that in the first place the warehouse was thousands of miles away, and no quick contact with a carrier at all. I blame A-river's system for offering amazing feats of delivery that only they can know are probably not going to happen. Grand promises shouldn't be made - just tell it like it is and customers won't be :x .

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:42 am

Are you in the country or smaller town d harriet? I found all delivery services had the same problem when I lived in the country and if I send anything to d brother it is the same thing. A river, UPS etc. Mail did and does better. UPS gets delivered to a local store in town as they no longer go out to farms and woods in that area.

Right now we have a local grocery store that had a - river lockers for deliveries. we have trouble sometimes not with A river as much as who is the seller. I bought fabric and there was a month difference which I found shocking. I also bought a book from the UK - got one immediately and the other is not supposed to be here until feb 7 - even though it is from the same area but different seller.

Sorry you are dealing with that frustration!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:45 am

Good morning d twins... sending you continued healing!

d kathryn - benedryl would help?

good morning d dee

yay on seeing the moon d lady!

hi d cathy - glad you got your b 12 shot!

My cards have been gone through to see what's up today. I missed the laundry room monday but I think I will just move it to next week as I believe next week the laundry area is the focus of the week.

Hope: I gave dh a list of things I would love to have help today with. Help with putting away laundry, Help with emptying out the rest of upstairs closet along with shelves so I can wash the closet tomorrow.
Dh is going to change the cat litter Yay

I also have my purse notebook updated for my errands today.

dd younger is making dinner tonight.

I already checked my freezer to see if anything needed to be tossed. :D

oh my goodness it's 10 am already!!! have a wonderful day everyone that comes in.

Next: s2s and meds
Last edited by blessedw2 on Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:46 am

Dh is busily doing the dishes. Ahhh....I've trained him well. :D I've taken the drawer divider for our top miscellaneous drawer in our bathroom out to be washed. Actually it was packed for moving and has been sitting awaiting me to get out the BGS and get it washed and into said drawer. I might even make it today. At least I've removed everything from that drawer and could immediately see some things that need to go elsewhere.

I putzed a bit with my Church Clerk's report for next year so that's up and awaiting info throughout the year. I so want to have MY things all done well before the end of the year. I can do this. Not sure how much longer I'll continue to say 'yes' when asked if I'll do this another year. Depends on my 'wellness' the rest of this year. Know they need some 'young blood' in there.

I also transferred miscellaneous information on separate cards (that are on a ring from W almart) to one spot. I have another one that I'll do tomorrow. Bit by bit things are getting done.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:01 pm

Just 500 extra milligrams of Vitamin C have put the feeling at bay for now. I'll have to keep tabs on that over the day. And plan a nap.

The alarm on the Bose in our bedroom went off at 6 this morning. Thankfully it wasn't earlier but at the same time it was not expected. I'll change that to 9 (which is where I usually set alarms we don't use since I don't want them going off by accident if the wrong button is pressed.) No idea how it got turned on. I dusted last night so I probably hit something either on the remote or the machine. So I missed 30 minutes of sleep and was already limited to 7.5 hours since we went to be on the late side last night. I'm feeling it today.

I'm s2s, bedroom is tidied. I dusted last night but I still have to vacuum. There's a load of laundry on, a load ready to start and clean towels are in the bathrooms. The dishwasher is running and the kitchen is also tidied up. Dinner is planned (just make up sides and reheat the meatloaf.) So if I collapse at some point today, things aren't too bad if you don't look in the living room.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:17 pm

I promise not to look at your living room, Kathryn. Easy promise.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:20 pm

I have decuttered a couple of items dson dopped something off and took the crock pot and a IP magizene feels great to have progress so early in my day. Hens have been fed. Bs was low in the nite got to see the blue moon then. :mrgreen: Hens & dog have been fed.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:44 pm

Popping in to do a happy dance. I just noticed DS9 is 83% completed with the main 4th Math curriculum. YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!! I can see the light at the end of the 4th grade math tunnel. This is one of my favorite curriculum but also the one he has come to dislike. Argh! After finishing the final 19 lessons and taking a break from it, then we will make a decision about ordering it again for next year homeschool lessons.

The flu has hit our pastor's home (with his 7 kids & wife). He just called and asked DH to preach tonight.

I just realized I haven't sent today's food plan to my sponsor. OOps! *POOF*
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:11 pm

Interesting, but 911 systems were down in 4 counties here around midnight till after 1am. They're linked to f rontier who had a second system for backup and that went down too. They assured the public that it wouldn't go down again. Guess what -it's down. Just texted the alternate number to dsonil just in case he should need it. They're in one of the cities affected. Dawned on me that at least Sunny is affected as well. Hopefully they find the REAL problem sooner than later.

Return to “Post When You Can”