Thirsty Thursday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
lucylee

Re: Thirsty Thursday

Postby lucylee » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:19 pm

That is wonderful, Rose! Thanks for sharing!

I am sitting in the car letting dgd finish her nap!
I know that sounds ridiculous but it is warm here and windy... very pleasant. She was asleep when we returned from errands, and I just don’t want to mess with the status quo. LOL. I’d rather scroll the internet out here and listen to the radio, than risk a grumpy baby indoors. ;)
Tomorrow is another day.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:53 pm

Doesn't sound ridiculous to me, Lucylee! We do what we can to let the little ones sleep.

I've s2s and had half my lunch. Will go for a quick walk now and pick up some veggies for the second half of my lunch (cut vegetables with hummus.) I'm tummy is growling again.

I got an email from American Airlines which caused me to go into my frequent flyer account with them. We credited our Qantas flights with them and Australia is a long way away so now I have enough to take a trip somewhere. I have to either fly with them or redeem a trip within 18 months or I lose these points. Which makes it tricky since I'm still boycotting the US. I'll see if I can redeem on Westjet and go to Nova Scotia for free.

That caused dh to go into his account and discover he didn't get credited at all so has put in a claim for the miles. And we double checked our Air Canada accounts (because NZ and from Vancouver to Ottawa were with that) and those miles are there. I have enough with Air Canada to so someplace interesting (but not Australia) but I really don't want to travel. Hmmmm.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:59 pm

I am struggling with lack of focus.

I had salsa, guacamole, and about 8 tortilla chips, 2 ounce of turkey and now I am over stuffed :oops: :roll:

i emptied out some more of the closet. (I am deliberately and part unconsciously stalling on washing this closet).
I think my timer will help me stay focused

I am cranky and angry for no reason so I need to put on something fun to listen to and gentle on my spirit today. I don't like feeling cranky and definitely don't like feeling a bit angry. It's uncomfortable especially when I am not sure why I feel this way... probably bc I found out that we may have to do repairs that will cost us my vacation money.

dh wants to go to florida but wants to drive. It takes more than 22 hours and I won't drive through winter through the hills etc.
I have agreed to take him in april when there is less likelihood for ice storms etc. He wanted to go in two weeks. What is nice is that he wants to see things now and before I could never get him on vacation and I went with d kids and d mom or friends. This will be a trip about him as his interests are all about cars and not good hotels - the way he is - but dd younger told me to just make the plans and he will just have to go with me (I would make sure to gear 1/2 to his interests). I am not sure if he physically and mentally can do it for the length of time it will take but if he wants to I will take him)
I would rather fly but this will make him happy.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:23 pm

Have done outside chore for thirty min. Got leaves out of the leaf cage spread out and a new layer of leaves in the hens run they are having a blast now playing in them.

Later.. did a 20 mi . Walk w ddog.
Last edited by Nancy on Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:16 pm

Today has been wildly successful. I am grateful.

I turned off and disassembled the old network. This required moving furniture and lots of time spent on my hands and knees crawling around. I deep cleaned since I had furniture moved before putting it back. I took the time to neatly place the cables instead of the jumbled cable mess that was out of sight-out-of-mind. I made labels for each of the new cables so I know at both ends which cable goes with what equipment. The new equipment is scattered in 3 rooms to give a better mesh type coverage. I put routers in the furthest corners of the house then the main one in the middle of the house. The security on our old network was very inadequate but this time I set up newest security. Everything on the network side is working well. Now I just have to finish setting up the rest of the client devices. Before I started I made a list of all devices that connect to our network. Ugh! There are 21 of them that I can think of. I'm sure I have missed a few that will show up as the configuration continues. I have 5 of them done which means I still have 17 more to do. Eeek! I am documenting the network name of each device so I can turn on/off to each device as needed. Instead of telling DS9 he has xxx minutes of screen time, I can see what he is doing and control his devices from my phone now.

DH and I went to see Hostile at movies. We both like it very much. Although I did close my eyes during several scenes. I kept my hands covered as much as possible and tried to not touch the movie chairs. I saw there have now been 92 deaths from the flu in our state. So many people are sick that it has really made me think hard about anything I touch in public places.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:41 pm

Back from the walk. It started to rain on the way back but we got home before the worst of it arrived. There's a cold front blowing through now so it is now switching to snow. It was +5C when we left and is 0C now. So we got the walk in at the right time. The sidewalks and roads were relatively clear of ice so we could walk at a good pace as well.

I've had my veggies and hummus now. Not sure I'll bother logging celery anymore. I measured out 50g and it adds up to 7 calories. Carrots are 3x as many calories and peppers 1.5 times. No wonder Weight Watchers used to say vegetables had 0 points. The calorie count is low enough that 'pigging out' on them is only going to add 100 - 200 calories to your day which isn't really all that many calories when you consider how full you'd be. I used to cut my calories by eating unlimited veggies and airpopped popcorn to keep my tummy full. At the moment I save popcorn for the days when I'd normally have french fries or potato chips with a meal (i.e. burger night) because I'm trying to get in protein and fat in my snacks to fill me up, not just volume of food.

Dinner tonight is planned - pork tenderloin as a roast. Must get started on that in a minute. Dh bought mushrooms and will fry up potatoes and mushrooms for himself. I'll be having some oven roasted carrots, onion, celery, peppers, and sweet potato as my side. I'm looking forward to that.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:46 pm

I finished washing down and rinsing that upstairs hall closet and vacuumed it. (I need either new rug in there or wood floor. ) I probably could paint the wood trim on bottom with that yucky rug it is not worth it yet. but all shelves and walls are spiffy clean. I already put the ornament christmas boxes on the clean shelves.

dd younger made me a lovely latte with a bit of cocoa on top - I think it gave me the energy to get started on the closet. :D The closet didn't take as long as I thought again :roll: :D that negative thinking stops me more times then not in doing anything. How much time is wasted not doing the job in the first place and letting myself fall down rabbit holes.

All our photos are out of the closet. I need to do an hour of scanning a day to catch up again. I also found out our local wal greens will transfer our old home movies. I don't know if they are the best or not but I will do some research.

Next: go upstairs and go through things that are in our bedroom - dh is going to donation shop tomorrow for me.
collect hangers to hang up cloths. (a must today)

He also finished all the remaining dishes for me :D :D :D
He went for a chicken for tonights dinner.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:53 pm

hi kathryn your dinner sounds lovely

hi d lady yay on your success!
So sad about the deaths from the flu!

hi d nancy such a cute thought of the chickens having a ball with the leaves

hi d lucy such a sweet thought of your dgd sleeping

hi d lilac

hi d dee so happy it is beautiful out by you!

hi d rose so excited about you becoming an honorary grandmother!
praying over that sweet little one of your d bf grand daughter

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:00 pm

Dh and I are talking about taking dd out for dinner. My only hesitation is because I seem to be coughing too regularly. We'll see how I am when she finally gets home. Would think she'd be coming shortly. It's 5.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:45 pm

Yeah. I was feeling tired and laid down "for a minute" and slept two hours. Temp is still down, I missed taking meds but restarted sequence.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Return to “Post When You Can”