Thirsty Thursday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harmony

Re: Thirsty Thursday

Postby Harmony » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:02 pm

We had some robins last week in the back yard. We keep an old dog dish under the gutter downspout and that keeps it filled and the overflow rinses it out. Some years our back yard is just filled with birds, mostly robins, and they just stand or move around, lining up at the bowl to take their turn at the water. Some years we get none, some years we get hundreds.

I've not been very busy lately, just keeping up. Doing a special pupa especially in the kitchen every morning and evening is keeping things in much better shape. For some reason I just wasn't seeing the messes until I did the big clean and noticed the difference.

I hope everybody begins to feel better soon. My DGSon's public school was considering closing because so many were out sick. This is a High School. So far he hasn't come down with anything. We have been extremely lucky here so far and I am very grateful.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:03 pm

Why in the world do things change so much on my computer? I had the scanner "pinned" to the bottom of my screen and took it out because I kept hitting it in error last week, now can't find it again. :? :? :? Assisted living place needed me print a form, sign and scan and send it back to them and it's taken forever to do that.

I'm going to s2s now, and walk the dog around the block.

I am frustrated, but a lot of it is feeling lousy. I took advil at 11 and fever is under control.

I need to remember to drink water too.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:13 pm

hi d harriet I imagine you always being in a thirst for knowledge! great idea about the rubber bands.
hi d twins - did the walk around the block make you feel any better. great idea about ordering groceries and cancelling your massage.
hi d harmony so interesting about the robins. we usually get them in late march but worry when they come earlier as the ground is really frozen and usually we have snow. none right now.
hi d nancy hop you feel super soon.
hi d kathryn I think the planning and eating breakfast is great already
hi d dee I wish you a happy timer day

-get rid of 10 pieces of paper
I have to follow this.

I have 6 cook books on my table.... put away!!!
I haven't s2s yet or throw a load of laundry on.

my learning time (french) has been pushed each night. I have to go back to having a set time. dd younger is going to sign me up for women on the water lecture series even though I am heavier than last summer again :D why I put this off I don't know :shock: :x :roll: if it's important I will make time and it is important
it is always a joy to be here with you!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:28 pm

DD said she heard robins yesterday and saw one, Harmony. I forgot to go out and look. By today -well they're probably gone. Down here is the only place we see them in 'flocks' when we indeed can catch a glimpse. Always makes me feel good. Up home we only see robins one or 2 at a time flitting around. It dawned on me when we saw a whole lawn covered with them in NC several years ago that they evidently flit and fly all the way home in groups. Have to go out and listen. They have a distinct song. Quite often the pasture next door will be covered with them but only for that one day. I have 3 T y animals, one being the robin as it reminds me of home. Another is a fawn which reminds me of the fawn ddad had in our basement when he was a game warden. It's mother had been killed and he was nursing it and swore us dks to secrecy. OF COURSE I sneaked a couple of friends down the stairs to see it. :D

Dh has been working on the sewer line (do we see a theme here, Cathy?) Finally put the snake down the shower which only has a 1 1/2" drain. Came up with clogs of hair. Going to have him pick out a hair catcher from A-river and just get it ordered. Going to order one for our sink too as we both have hair flying when we comb and eventually we'll put a sink in there with a high faucet so I can wash my hair there instead of the kitchen sink. (I can't do it in the shower or I lose my balance, plus my left arm won't let me).
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:13 pm

brother was d brother - a lot more chill - we didn't discuss mom - I know anyone wouldn't like to have a face to face confrontation just stays either quiet or becomes - it's my way thinking. So we did have a nice visit and a helpful visit. DD younger is the one who spoke to him originally to d brother and asked that she is the one to speak to him because she doesn't think he would appreciate her talking to me behind his back about d mom. dd is strong enough and right now is frustrated but says the only way to work things out is to be logical and know the right time with my family. so whoosh - good!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:17 pm

I am not thirsty for knowledge I am thidsty for the out side. So will get the while I do hen chores moving some leaves to the hens run.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:18 pm

We are also seeing flocks of robins, Dee. Saw quite a few while walking the dog around.

S2s is complete, dog and walked, meds for 1 p.m. taken and Shipt driver is on the way.

I am going to fold another lol, and start a load in the washer while waiting for groceries.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:22 pm

Morning y'all....

Today is desk day for me and it certainly needs it. However I am trying to stay busy this morning as I am waiting to become an "Honorary Grandmom"

My "second son", my son's best friend is waiting for his new baby Pierson to be born. I am super excited for him as this is his first child. Rusty has always regarded me as his second mother as i've shared raising him since he was 12. First he was one of my students and I eventually discovered he and my son were pals from the skating rink. He spent most of his weekends at my house during his hs years and refers to me as "his second mom'. I attended his wedding last year in Vegas, where my son was his best man, and then when my son was married, Rusty was his best man.

I am very lucky as Rusty's wife is as fond of me as Rustry is and both requested I be given this title...So now like his other family members I am waiting in the virtual waiting room waiting for Pierson to make his earthly appearance.

And although this might be better in J&C, I wanted to share a most amazing miracle that has just occurred to one of my best friend's granddaughter. She is a cute little 7 year old that has been suffering from a brain tumor for several years. First the drs thought it was benign, however she was experiencing horrendous migraine and seizures. The well renowned hospital here in our area, did all they could and finally sent her home to die. The parents learned of a children's hospital in Philadelphia who speciality was this type of tumor and accept her into their program. Most people here thought it was a worthless cause, but the parents decided to risk it anyway.

This young girl was put on everyone's prayer list, and yesterday the young girl had her surgery. The MRI showed the tumor was the size of a large orange and was found in the back middle part of her brain. When I saw what the dr's were going to remove, it took my breath away. The operation lasted several hours. Then without closing her back up they did another MRI, which showed they had not removed the complete tumor. and she went back in for another two hours and the process was repeated. The second MRI showed they had removed all of the tumor.

The drs warned everyone that the girl might be paralyzed on her left side, but this morning when she woke up she was able to move both her left arm and leg. She also recognized everyone and even faced timed with her sibling back here at home. She was expected to remain in ICU for three days, but she is recovering so well, that she may be moved to a private room later today.

Her grandmother is my best friend and we have been living this saga for a long time, and though I couldn't do much for the family, I spent my energy concentration on my friend as we journeyed thought this...and I will have to share the odds were so stacked up against this girl even my friend who has the strongest faith of anyone I know thought that the parents were making a mistake by putting their daughter through this. Needless to say my friend is over the moon at this moment and no one doubts that this wasn't a miracle to behold.

Nothing like starting your day on a most positive note...
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:37 pm

Thank you for sharing this with us, RR. Beautiful story and I'll be praying for her. A miracle is wondrous to see.

It is beautiful out. I just went for a 2,000 step walk and soaked in some of that sunshine. See the house that was burned last spring just had a roof delivery.

Editing at 2:15: Fixed dh and I oatmeal with raisins for lunch. It just plain sounded good to me and it was!

Figured dd was going to Trivia tonight and dh and I would finish leftovers from last night. But, I see there's messages from our other team members and it was only going to be our leader and dd. He decided there's things he could accomplish at home so they're taking this week off. We just may go out for dinner.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Lilac

Postby Lilac » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:08 pm

RR, thank you for telling us about this precious little girl. A miracle indeed. I will be praying for her. I got goose bumps as I read about this.

Return to “Post When You Can”