Thirsty Thursday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Re: Thirsty Thursday

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:00 pm

RR - I am so excited for you in anticipation of the arrival of your honorary Grandson!!! I got chill bumps reading about your BFriend granddaughter. A miracle indeed!

I made chili and hot dogs for DS9 and DGD6 dinner.

In between other things I have managed to configure 6 more devices so they are now connected to the network. I changed each of their network assigned names to something that makes sense to me. Baby stepping my way through this. I admit to doing the easy ones first. There are several that I'm going to have to research because I forgot how to set them up. The garage door opener......the generator.....the HVAC system.....are 3 that I can think of. I'm clueless about them. It can't be too hard because I got them connect to the network when they were first installed. If I did it once, then I should be able to figure it out again.......that's my story and I'm sticking with it.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:05 pm

look at you and your work d lady!!!

I am glad you took a nap - glad temp is still down.

hope you are able to go out to dinner d dee

I have a chicken in stock - cooking
but I don't have french bread like I would usually have for this dish.

I am done for today with closet. the decisions that I had a hard time making the other day seem simple today. When I emptied out the closet into our bedroom I realized I had 3 to 4 closets worth of stuff in there.

dd younger has a horrible migraine again. She is thinking of going to Mayo clinic as she continues to have so many health issues that she really wants answers.

reminder: tomorrow - take some VHS videos to walgreens to see if they will transfer them to dvd's and make copies of french cousins dvd's of old family pictures.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:40 pm

I sat down to update my network client list before I leave so I can know where to start again the next time I get a chance to work on it. It's almost time to leave for DS9 basketball game. This game is rescheduled from last Saturday when they canceled because of the flu. Tonight it is being held in a different town that did have school today (but it was closed 2 days last week because of the flu). I am going to be hyper-alert to what I touch at the gym since it is full of kids from multiple schools. ARGH!! This flu epidemic is turning me into a germ phobic!

ANYway - I have 15 devices connect to the new network and they are all working great. A couple of devices that I thought might be a challenge to connect - wireless printer and the garage door opener were super simple. I am thankful for that and hopefully, the rest will be easier than I expect. I probably won't anything more connected tonight because it will be close to bedtime when I get home from the ball game.
1. Know what you want.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:46 pm

I have done another round of yd work raking leaves in the back yd by the coop. Hens are still happy. :mrgreen:

The other internet co. Has been working down the road there and off again like 5 or 6 times today they must be working on it doing upgrades or something.

It is raining a bit here now. I have put the hens back in with fresh leaves will mix in more shavings later that will freshen it up.

We have lite rain here now.
Last edited by Nancy on Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:48 pm

So how do you make yourself thirsty?

I have to finish my first 32oz water bottle before I allow myself to have a glass of tea. There are days that I want that tea so bad but won't drink it until I finish the water. That jar of freshly made tea is to me like holding a carrot in front of a horse. After lunch, I drink another 32 oz bottle of water but that one goes down easy for some reason. Once I finish that bottle then I usually drink a can of LaCroix Sparkling Water (another reward type drink for me). By that time I am way over 100oz of liquid for the day.

I recently saw someone talking about the "new" healthy drink - charcoal lattes. Sounds nasty to me, but what do I know? Nothing. I've never had one.
1. Know what you want.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:15 pm

Got my water in today through perseverance. And pouring a pint to have while I prepped dinner. See, Harriet, I sometimes listen!

I've refilled the Brita jug, put the new filter out to replace tomorrow (that came up for today) and left a poured pint of water on the counter for me to at least sip at while my tea steeps.

Dinner was good. And filling. I would have not finished the veggies but I had measured them out raw and didn't know how to figure out how much I'd not be eating.

I got 40 minutes in on the treadmill. And, drumroll, the bedroom wing vacuumed (it is a 10 minute job that took me 2 days to get to.) I still have the office to do.

I put the bath mats (which I had laundered) back down. Now I'm ready for bed. Today is the first day I have eaten less than my full allotment of calories (including exercise calories.)

Oh, I've got a very black floater in my left eye. Had a good cry over that since it was making doing anything in the kitchen hard. The light is very bright in there because we have white cupboards, so the black flash was distracting me all the time. Sigh.... I'm on edge because it is like a spider or bug flying at me all the time.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:26 pm

We did go out for dinner. Seemed nice change. Went to Beef O' B rady's nearby. I was fine with coughing until after I ate a couple of croutons from my salad. :roll: I'm still coughing -just took some cough syrup in hopes it will quell it so I can sleep. I had a 'chicken bowl' and brought 3/4 of it home. DD had steak fajitas and brought half home. Dh had 'boom boom shrimp' & he ate it all. I tasted just a piece of lettuce with the sauce still on it. Oh, oh, way too hot for me.

Only got about 4,200 steps in today but that was 2,000 more than yesterday so I'm good with that.

Have a good night, everyone.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Lilac

Postby Lilac » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:46 pm

RR,lucylee and LadyM, you have all seen Hostiles now. Is it just me or wouldn't you think they could have let us see Mrs. Quaid's face when a certain someone entered the train? Yes LadyM, there were times that I had to turn my head also. I just know that I am glad that I didn't live back when everything was so uncivilized.

Tonight dgs13 had a basketball game. It was originally going to be at 6:30, instead they sent one of the B-teams to another school building and moved dgs13s A-team game up to 5:30. It then actually started at almost 6. I had told dd2 that I would plan on fixing supper for her family on the night of the games, so that we could all eat before the game. Tonight was Lasagne, Caesar salad and french bread. Dgd8 had gymnastics so I fixed a plate for her and she will eat when they get home. Dh went to the game. They won by 1 point. Dgs13 did great despite not feeling well. Tomorrow they go home to their mama's. They are always so happy to be back with their mom, dstepd and the 2 little girls. They both love the large country home they live in. In fact they all do except for dd2. It is not the house she doesn't like, it is that 20+minute drive, each way that she hates.

It has been 5 weeks since my last haircut. I had another appt in 2 weeks, but yesterday I moved it up to tomorrow. It just grew too fast this time.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:48 pm

dishes are washing themselves but I have some other dishes to wash.

what I need to do:
shiny the sink
clean the counters
put away any food left out

sweet dreams or welcome good mornings where ever you are.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:00 pm

Checking in from extremely far behind! Seems like whenever I think I'm starting to make some progress, something occurs to knock me farther back than before.
This time it's my car. Again.

Saturday DH was driving and as we pulled into the diner's parking space, I heard a thunk and a scrape. We looked under the car and something was hanging down, but neither of us was sure what it was. DH thought probably the parking brake cable. Luckily we didn't have far to drive home. DH was able to tie the mystery part up with a bungee cord and Monday I called to make a Tuesday a.m. appointment with my usual mechanic. I drove to work per usual Monday and everything seemed fine.

Tuesday I grabbed a book to take with me because I assumed I'd be in the mechanic's waiting room awhile. I even wore extra layers in case I decided to walk to a restaurant. Again, driving to TheBigCity auto repair place, everything felt normal.

I expected them to look over the car and tell me the parking brake needed rebuilt, and I needed new tires, and I'd already told them to go ahead and change the oil. However ...

They came to get me in less than 5 minutes to look under the car. :shock: No point in fixing anything because the rear axle is rusted so badly it looks like it might break apart any time. :cry: The mechanic was worried about me driving home to TinyTown and strongly advised me to take back roads at slow speed rather than the interstate. I got home fine and the car has been parked ever since.

We knew we had to replace DH's car soon. We hoped mine would hang on another year or 2. Not to be.

DH has a good idea what he wants so we went to a car lot last night after they closed to see a few models in person. I have to work Saturday but I'll get off early enough that we can go back to test drive and ask questions.
I just want a basic vehicle with good gas mileage for going to work and running errands. He wants some fancier features. We definitely need 2 vehicles but the question will be whether to buy both now or hold off on his.

I hope we can find good enough deals to be able to afford to buy both cars now. I worry about him driving around in his old beater.

Return to “Post When You Can”