Thirsty Thursday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Thirsty Thursday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:27 am

Since getting home, I've had trouble getting enough water. Somehow, in 100+ temps, it was easy! Not so much when it is close to zero and I'm not moving around much except to go get tea (I don't count caffeinated drinks as water.)

So how do you make yourself thirsty?

Not just for water, but for knowledge (I'm thinking of Twins at the moment.)

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Thirsty Thursday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:33 am

Slept OK.

Got through until 3:15 before getting up to the bathroom (up until now it has been 1, which isn't my usual time so my body is slowly switching to this time zone.)

Woke up on my own at 6:45, that's 7.5 hours after turning out the light. Didn't get out of bed until 8, though, since I waited for dh to wake up.

I've had my tea and chocolate. Spent that time going reconciling credit card bills to the receipts. Got all but one account done up until the end of December (the January bills have arrived but they haven't been reconciled in Quicken yet.)

My focus today will be on movement (I have to walk to the store for some veggies and pillows for the next refugee family, plus time on the treadmill), and paperwork, paperwork, paperwork. Just getting the small amount done this morning made the table much more manageable. I can't wait to finish entering our trip receipts and then reconciling all that I can reconcile. I always feel better when the receipt envelopes are not stuffed to overflowing. It is important for me to get these done now as I'm entering a frantic period of time with the refugee family settlement so every step I take to 'get ahead' is very important.

I'm so glad I have no travel on the horizon (although I should get to Nova Scotia to visit dUnc.)

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:06 am

I'm trying to make my focus "movement" too, Kathryn. Just hoping to get up to 4,000 steps. Still "under the weather" and my tummy is added into the mix today. :roll: Speaking of "under the weather", I got to wondering about that term. It was 'coined' years ago when sailors were sent below deck (thus UNDER the weather) when they were feeling ill. It is actually "under the weather BOW" -there a little history lesson for today.

Coughed off and on for the first half of the night then seemed to sleep till around 6. Got up for a bathroom break, went back to bed & it was 8:30 before we got up.

Think I'll try scanning some papers from last year for a bit. I know I have to limit it to 10/15 minutes or I get bored. I never would have made it on a production line!

No travel, Kathryn? I'm just glad to know I have no very short trips to the store or something here. I'm just hoping to be all over this by the time DS-R and ddil come the 10th. All of us really -they sure don't need to pick up germs to take on a cruise with them.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:11 am

thirsty for other things - I like that d kathryn.
I can imagine that your sleep is a little bit out of sync. Enjoy getting out moving - and I will cheer you on as you work on reconciling your receipts. Have a wonderful day

I never knew that d dee - really neat how that saying has continued to this day. I too need movement - maybe for me more a push out the door. 8-) I hope you have a wonderful day too!

Knowledge or the thirst of seeking knowledge is a run off from my d dad. I think that is the greatest gift he gave me beside himself. It was thought mostly by his own example.

I also love all of your search for learning. Very inspirational. I think my one goal of going beyond myself is still hard - I don't think I have been thirsty enough for that one yet.

Hello dear all! wishing you a lovely day.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:46 am

I am struggling this a.m. - woke up to temp of 101 and I have to say I feel pretty lousy. That said, I also am wanting to get things done, but struggling with not feeling like it. I think I will try Kathryn's timer today. I could probably do some desk clearing, paper taming, and a few things here. I am also going to stay on top of tylenol and advil to keep my temp down and keep me feeling better.

The desk I ordered for my office is here, I am hoping dh will put it together this weekend for me and I'll have a place to work other than the breakfast bar counter or my badly cluttered desk downstairs.

I cancelled my therapeutic massage for today, and went ahead with the Shipt grocery order. I ordered it for between one and two today. I didn't get many groceries the week before I went away, and haven't gotten anything other than whole milk (which dd bought for me) since I got home. I have pizza in the outside refrigerator but this WOE has me not craving it.

And the upload of the info from FTDNA apparently failed again. I am going to start over, and I will split the big file up so I can upload in sections. This is frustrating. :(

right now:
-breakfast/meds/vitamins
-fold one load of laundry and put away
-get rid of 10 pieces of paper
-s2s

15 min at a time, with 15 min break is where I'm starting.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:53 am

oh my goodness d twins... I hope your fever and your illness breaks fast! I wish I could bring you soup, gatorade and a nice magazine to read so you can get some rest.

woke at 6 then laid down for "2 seconds" which turned into 2 and 1/2 hours :shock: -

it's such a sunny and cold day here!!!

my brother is coming over and my house is a surface wreck - I will be open and understanding and hopefully my demeanour and honest but kind way will help when talking to him about d mom and my concerns. Again I thank d lynlee for her advice. It took a weight off my shoulders.

the one thing that has me buried in clutter right now: clean laundry not put away. That is not a morning routine but it is needed.

I did a quick vacuum and swiffer rinse - :D :D :D I didn't have to hid anything yay and the house looks back to normal. it's amazing what a quick vacuum and counter clean does. I do have a basket of clean laundry on the church bench to go up stairs.

Nice thing is there is an underneath clean but when the dogs shed and if I don't do a daily vacuum and swiffer rinse the floors they look disgusting.
how do things look dirty over night.
Last edited by blessedw2 on Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:57 am

A fever sounds like Dr. time, Twins. May have gone into a secondary infection? I keep watching mine or if any wheezing develops. Lesson learned though -when I went to the Dr. (urgent care) they gave me a breathing treatment with a nebulizer. Wish I had asked for a prescription then for one for home. Because when I called and asked for a script I got a call back -5 days later that I needed to be seen before they would send in a prescription. So will be sure to ask my Dr. up home if I develop anything after I'm up there -for a script. That helped a lot and later realized I could use one. I was given an inhaler however that helped some and now I don't know what I did with it. :roll: Have one of very same kind from dbil which was never used. Going to send it home with dh. Last fall a fellow camper put out an emergency call for inhalers for his dwife. We responded but never got any of them back and dh does need one from time to time. Will have dh ask his pulmonologist for a script when he sees him in April too.

Okay, I think I'll try the timer thing again today too, Twins. But for only 5 minutes at a time or so. Maybe I'll set it for 7.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:12 pm

No progress except I ate breakfast and filled in the eating and exercise plan for the day.

Need to s2s. Can't go out for a walk unless I'm dressed and it is a hair washing day.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:36 pm

Waving breakfast & journaling done here not much else. I do not feel super but not lowsey either. I had a hot flash took my temp. In the nite happy news on that It was low my normal. 31* and frosty outside. I want to move some leaves but will wait till it warms up a bit. so my sneezes coughs are probaby allergy related from winds we had this week. Still waiting to see the 1st robin.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:58 pm

((Twins')) you did the right thing about groceries.

Thirsty for knowledge - I have no trouble making myself thirsty for knowledge! (yipes) Getting ready to start two books right now and haven't finished the last and they are on 3 different subjects, basically medicine, religion and environment. 2 of 3 of these are used books, which is normal for me - I get these so that I can save up for more, I guess. :) This is why I need so many bookmarks! If I want to find the prettiest bookmarks I have made and kept, I know their ribbons are hanging out of books that earned the right to be saved on my shelves. Books I start reading just get odd little pieces of paper until they prove themselves!

Thirsty for water - rubber bands continue as my hack/tip for this. But now I use just one of the
colorful wide ones that come on produce, an inch or so from bottom of my thick glass-glass in the a.m. (I know where to fill for one pint) The color reminds me to think whether I've had enough water. If I start preparing for a meal and notice the colorful band, I'll remember to drink a pint while preparing it. I switch around in my collection of red, green and yellow bands to keep me noticing them, and the yellows for some reason have "organically grown" printed, which is fine. That's a good reminder, too.

Dd just bought a new water bottle for school - spent so much time choosing. Biggest challenge was finding one with a way to clip onto and off of things fast/securely. Funny that we saw a biker at her univ drop his in the middle of an intersection and have to go back to get it.

Return to “Post When You Can”