Groundhog Day Friday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Groundhog Day Friday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:42 pm

Dh and I just got back from a walk to the store. I'm having leftovers tonight so he's making up fettuccine so we needed cream, mushrooms and green onion. We also got milk and I picked up bologna for tomorrow's lunch (I'm out so need to take a packed lunch.) It is really, really, cold in the wind so it was not a nice walk but just our faces were cold. My ski pants fit if I don't wear anything under them (they are designed to be worn that way so are lined with fleece) and I switched to a lighter sweater to fit under my down jacket. My jeans feel really roomy now that I've switched back. I'm looking forward to losing enough weight that my snow pants will fit properly.

Dd cancelled. The little monkey didn't go down for a nap until 2. (Normally he goes down at 11.)

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:02 pm

Thanks Harmony :D

The doctors are absolutely amazed that the little girls recovery as well. Told the parents their daughter recovery far far exceeded any of their expectations and are calling her their “miracle girl”. She can see, talk, has complete her complete memories and can freely move all parts of her left side.

Doctors said they have repeatively done this same operation, but never have seen a patient recovery this well coming through with all her faculties.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:27 pm

When a miracle is involved, all we can do is shake our heads & proclaim "It's a miracle"! So wonderful to see - I know, I've been there.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:08 pm

I am SO glad walk was done thIs morning bc it is pouring down rain outside here now 46*. I finished up a knit dish cloth.

The rain stopped and I fed the hens they were happy.
Last edited by Nancy on Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:30 pm

Home from spending time with DGS21. Today he cooked us Chicken Fajitas. I don't know how I missed teaching him to cut up an onion but today was the first onion he said he had ever cut up. He said he cut it in half and took the outside layer off before slicing it to sautee with bell peppers. Somehow he missed taking off part of the outer layer of the onion. We counted each time we found a piece while we were eating. We treated it as if we had found a prize. :roll: I suspect he will never make that mistake again with a onion. Otherwise, everything he prepared was aaaaammmmmaaazing. There is a slight chance I might be biased.

DNephew shipped 500 head of cattle today. This is a normal Friday activity. However, it turned tragic for 6 of the steers. DNephew had contracted 10 cattle trucks to haul the cattle today. The cattle trucks each go to the scales at the local coop and weigh their semi truck while the cattle trailer is empty. Then they go to DNephew home where the cattle are loaded. Then the truck goes back to the scales at the coop and weighs again so they know the weight of the cattle on each of the trucks. Today when one of the semi trucks pulled off of the scales he didn't stop at the railroad track and was hit by a train. The driver is okay but 6 of the cattle were killed. The news people showed up while DNephew & DBro (plus others) were rounding up the cattle that weren't killed and loading them into trailers.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:13 pm

Wow. At least no person was physically hurt but I feel for the train engineer.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:05 pm

Good grief! Those poor cattle. I'm glad no one was hurt.

Well my brain is officially fried. All my info is ready to go to the ins. company. New spreadsheet is made. The new formatting is way more difficult than the old XP excel was, and it's even more difficult than those I have in compatibility mode. But it's just a learning curve. When I use the little help menu a whole bunch of stuff comes up and I wish I could print it out but it won't let me. Did get it figured out, so there it is. If I hadn't learned the easier one first, I'd be having a heck of a time learning this one.

I didn't know anything about computers in 2002 when I learned the first one. I had a friend who was out of work and we paid her to come and teach me. She had a lot of patience. Whenever I'd forget stuff (after she was gone) I'd go back to my Dummies book and figure it out. I don't have a book for this one.

LadyM, I was just shaking my head about all the server stuff you were doing. You sure are smart!

Stopped to get information for DH and I did make some dinner. Put some leftovers together, DH thought was yummy. Whatever works, right?

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:08 pm

It truly does feel like Groundhog day here. I have reloaded the DNA files from FTDNA so many times and nothing has worked. I can populate the relative list but not chromosome info.

And I just feel bad. I had a really good cry. Between my frustration and feeling bad I am just weepy. And I think I'm beginning to wheeze.

Dh just got home with my car, there's another issue right there.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:16 pm

(((Twins)))

I'm done for the day, I think. My days are really short, going to bed early, getting up late, although tomorrow I have an early rise because I have to be out of here by 9:20, with lunch and snacks for the day all packed. Dinner tomorrow is at the pub.

I did 45 minutes on the treadmill. I just broke even with my calories today because I forgot I had milk with lunch and had it again with dinner. That's a wasted 110 calories (wasted in that I didn't need the nutrition from it.) Oh well, the weight is starting to come off now that I'm moving as well and the moving is getting easier. Not a lot faster and I can't do 3 mph for an extended time on the treadmill but I was up at 2.9 mph tonight, so I'm getting close. I'll have to run my app to figure out how fast I'm walking when outside since my pedometer only counts steps, it isn't a tracker figuring my movement start/stop times and distance. For now I'm counting it at 2.5 mph because I don't know for sure.

Before I shut off my computer I'll do some updates since it is running really slowly and I need it for my meeting tomorrow. So it is time for me to close my browser.

Good night folks.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:57 pm

((((Twins))))

Harmony - Thank you but I don't consider myself to be good at it. I just search for the answer until I find it. Sometimes the hardest part for me is to figure out what the question is. I want to do something but I don't know enough about it to use the right words for a search. Thankfully once I can find the right question, there are smart people who post how to do almost anything. I just follow their directions.

The truck driver in today's wreck has not had a ticket or wreck in over 10 years of driving. He has attended our church for years and is a solid person. The lady in the news interview made it sound like he was an idiot. There is NO DOUBT that he messed up today but I hate to see anyone slammed like that in public. He said he didn't see the train coming until it was right there. There aren't any crossing arms or RR signals there to warn him. There is a house close to the tracks that block the view until you are almost on the RR track. There have been several vehicles hit by the train at this crossing. I'm not making excuses for him. He messed up. The lady in the interview was talking like she knew how to drive a cattle truck. She complained that he was going slowly over the tracks....uhmmm....he had a multi-level load of cattle going over a rough train crossing. There is no way he can speed up without causing the cattle to shift & fall down (breaking their legs). It was a no-win situation with a split second-time frame for a decision. I'm just glad no person was harmed. The rest will sort itself out.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Return to “Post When You Can”