Groundhog Day Friday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Groundhog Day Friday

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:04 pm

happy Groundhog day!!!

I spent the morning talking to dh and then worked on paying bills... looked at charges and paid what I charged (I haven't been using my debit card) - I spent too much on groceries this month but better than last year. I want to cut it by $400 a month. I have to change up using the swiffer products as they cost a lot over time. Yesterday I tried using the swiffer thingy floor thingy but instead of their wipes and dusters I used my white washcloths (I only use white for cleaning) and it worked out okay.

I want to take a bread making class downtown but I need to save up for that before I can even think about dd younger and I taking it. I don't want it sitting on my charge card.

dd younger has my britbox on her debit card and I will cancel that as it is rather expensive and not worth it. I do like my audible.
I also am thinking about the yard service - I won't give it up yet. They charge 60 a week for our yard without leaf (fall) service and spring clean up and putting down of the mulch. Dh and I no longer have a working riding mower and he can no longer do any work like this. He is still young, lol to me, and after the cancer and treatment he no longer can do anything in the sun without getting dizzy.

I can not save my christmas money, birthday money, and thanksgiving money I give this month. Very frustrating. I still have the cash envelopes for January - I am hoping that March 1rst I can fill February savings envelopes as well. I only have one birthday gift this February so that is good.

future financial that I know will come: dinner on Saturday and a family (dh's family which are my family) will gather as d mil (celebrating her) has been gone a year this month and d uncle is gone a year this month. You never stop grieving but you learn to live around it or through it.
Last edited by blessedw2 on Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:07 pm

going to run errands, do laundry, go through stuff from upstairs hall closet and donate (dh will do that), put the sleeping blow up mattresses and the blankets and twin sheets down in basement in plastic containers that I will seal. Now that dd's are adults we don't have all those teens/kids etc. sleeping at our house anymore but we do have occasional young people here overnight.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:09 pm

hello d kathryn:
hello d twins
hello d rose
hello d dee
hello d harriet
hello d nancy
hello d everyone from yesterday.
I don't have a chance yet to say hi individually but I am waving at you all and wishing you a great day. ~~~~~ :D

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:37 pm

Awaiting a text from dd. She's going stir-crazy because she hasn't been out to playgroup all week. They are traveling next week and she didn't want to risk an illness. So she's asked that I come over after nap.

I've got the vacuuming and dusting done, had lunch, cleaned up the dishes from today so far.

I guess data entry is my next focus. I'd rather work on reconciliation (didn't get back to that yesterday) but that can wait.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:43 pm

Dh received his official invite for our fire department's spring banquet. It's always been held in April -after he gets home. He's been very disappointed to discover it's being held 3/10/18. I've been searching for a decent air fare deal to surprise him. Know he wants to be there this year as it's ds-A's first one as Chief. He's also very interested in hearing their Master of Ceremonies -the new Sheriff for our county. Hoping I can make this happen and give it to him for Valentine's Day. Nothing would make him happier.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:08 pm

Dh had his car worked on while he was away last week and now is having troubles with it again. He dropped it off for another round and I went and picked him up so he can use my car.

I'm trying to start over with this d(not dear)software for chromosome mapping.

I haven't walked the dog yet, so I think I'll do it next. Not even getting up to 40 degrees today.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:30 pm

heading out to vet. :D

already: I emptied out the dw and dd younger filled it with her granola and misc. dishes and it is washing again.
shower to s2s done
bills done
pulled recipe for tonight
dh ordered my meds which was nice
dh mailed my envelopes and wen to the bank and put in my visa payment.
It will be a tight month financially
Last edited by blessedw2 on Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:31 pm

I am back from a walk with the dog. The sun peeked through the clouds just a bit.

Blood sug. # is tolerable this morning.

I swept hard surface floors and shook out rugs in the main part of the house.
Bed is made.
Laundry is going.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:54 pm

Well it’s official... I am now MamaMia to my “grandson”

What I didn’t know was my son drove from Dallas to Mobile at the request from Rusty because he wanted to share the birth of his son with mine. My son just sent me a picture of him holding Rusty’s son and when I saw it I burst into tears.

From the ages of 12 and 13, these two boys have formed a bond that rivals brotherhood. When life threw a stinging disappointment at one of them, the other was there to pull him through. And when my son went through that difficult time in Spain when my son had that anxiety breakdown, Rusty dropped everything to help me get my son through it.

I can’t wait to watch this new adventure for the two of them. It’s been a blast so far :D
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:06 pm

RRose, I love the things you've shared with us, the new baby and the story about the little girl who had successful brain tumor removal. Wonderful stories.

It is supposed to be above normal temps in the near future here but January was below normal for the month, which I knew. It might be warmer outside, but the house is still chilly.

Today I worked on my reports for my insurance audit. Their letter came yesterday. I have it all together but for one spreadsheet I need to make. I'd forgotten to save a copy of w2 and w3 (is at the cpa's) so had to redo them. Had to cut and paste another report that wasn't quite up to date...but that is all done now. And spreadsheet info is all penciled out ready to compose.

DH says he needs me later up at neighbors' where he is doing a small job. Needs someone with good shoulders to hold something up high while he drills holes. It's hard work for someone with his arms.

I better go look at that spreadsheet now.

Return to “Post When You Can”