Unsurprising Sunday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Unsurprising Sunday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:07 am

What can you count on happening on Sundays?

Does this give you a sense of security and warmth, part of a predictable routine?

Or would you prefer that your Sundays not contain this predictable event?

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Unsurprising Sunday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:13 am

Unsurprisingly (or maybe surprisingly since weather forecasters have been so bad this year and they predicted this) we awoke to a major snowfall.

No church for me in the village. No sense driving all that way in a snowstorm.

I need to decide if I want to take the car out for church in the city. At this point it is wonderfully quiet since there are no cars on the road. Although a plow has finally come by on the parkway.

As for most Sundays, it is unsurprising that I have a very low step count these days. I need to work time for treadmill into the day, even on Sunday. I don't want to work out before services and after I'm usually exhausted physically (even though they don't involve physical movement.) I've got 60K steps for the week so far but need 10K today which is hard to get. I will think on that.

Last night I had to go for a walk around the apartment before bed to get over the 10K. I was at 9978 after brushing my teeth!

Edited to add: I could walk to church in the city but that takes an hour in good footing, no idea how long in the snow. But with cleats and poles it is a possibility and would get me almost 5K steps.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:54 am

Unsurprising that I'm still feeling sick? I hope that every day will be the turning point, perhaps it is today? I found a source for home made organic elderberry syrup but dh doesn't want to take the time to pick it up in neighboring town today. He ordered some from a commercial source and it's said to be on its way. I hope it helps.

My energy is not too bad, at least for the moment. I slept upstairs so dh could sleep better - he's slept poorly with me coughing and snoring. I haven't been able to wear CPAP because my respiratory system needs to cough and is so stuffy, so I snore without it.

I have file no 2, of about 30 loading to GMP so that process is moving, slowly.

I hope to get a list going for the week and assess what I can get done. Yesterday dh and ds took the pieces to my desk upstairs, but didn't put it together. I'm hoping they do it today, and I'm trying hard not to nag. ;)
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:59 am

In the years I worked tax season, Sunday was my day off to regroup and pull the house and my life back together. I still use it as a reboot or restart to the week. The "Getting Things Done" concept suggests a weekly review on Sunday and I always have that in the back of my mind.

I put a pair of jeans in the washer to wash alone since it's the first time, and I started the dishwasher and sorted the rest of the laundry. I've pretty much copied over my list from last week. I put the bug in ds' ear about getting my desk together and he doesn't think he can help this afternoon. Perhaps I'll help dh....

Right now:
-s2s
-walk ddog
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:35 pm

yesterday I ended up with tummy issues - I am not good at being sick or having pain. I never use more than one blanket (a thin one) but yesterday I was freezing all afternoon and dh put multiple blankets in the dryer for me - and I was still freezing. Today I feel better, so that is good :D

d twins I always think of you at tax time and I wish i could make you dinners so you don't have to do anything but finish this time of year! Hope it is a good tax season. Hoping your energy and health come back 100%

hi d kathryn thank you for starting us!!! wishing you the best!

hello to all. I hope yesterday was good for you and I pray today is wonderful!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:45 pm

I slept in up at 7:30. Fed animals.Did some morning tasks, like cooking eggs in IP. H. Is up so u-tube vids are on the background. So I will be heading to the cave basement to do my journaling. Weekly planning is done. Trash is dumped. I have a load of towels to fold h put away. Bed needs made.

TMI -
H said his sinus drained to his ear & it was hurting I said salsa eat some! This much and put out a tablespoon have to.

I am not going to the store 2 day.
It is raining. I will wait to walk do a rock drop etc.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:58 pm

Oh, no, bw2, I haven't worked tax season in several years! Just remembering the techniques that helped get me through....

I've s2s-ed. I'm letting my hair dry a bit inside before I walk the dog. It's damp and low 40s outside.

I also need to do my Pro Gen feedback today. Our online discussion is tomorrow afternoon.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:10 pm

oh Good!!!! I always remember you working so very hard d twins!!!

hi d Nancy!

lacking focus and just want to play - 8-)
because I lost yesterday I have to make up for the clutter that stayed in my home.

Hoping:

cooking prep for week
bring photos into kitchen by my desk
work with dd younger for one hour on this.
laundry put away as I missed it yesterday
dailies
vacuum first floor

what will get me back on task:
s2s

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:55 pm

struggling wth getting free of the chair
I have emptied and filled dw and turned it on again - being sick no one turned it on :shock: yes they took care of me so I can't complain but it would have been nice if the dailies had been done.
dd younger said she doesn't get my card file and I can understand why - I have to organize it better - maybe a card tab marked dailies

The next right thing: do the dishes in the sink.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:28 pm

Home from church. Enjoyed the music a lot. The musical director is a bit of a show-off which dh doesn't like, but I like the music so much, I'll forgive him.

I've had my lunch and am now off to visit with dgs.

Return to “Post When You Can”