Make it happen Monday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Elizabeth

Re: Make it happen Monday

Postby Elizabeth » Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:07 pm

Hi everyone! I have been AWOL an entire week. My last post was about my vendor meetings. They went well, but, despite getting a few items removed from the change list to end all change lists, more items got put on than taken off. Today, I am just working on getting everything onto the change list so they don't get forgotten. I kept getting reports of problems on the bane report. All the things they were reporting had been fixed back in December and put on the test system for review. Then, no one would give the go ahead for moving it to production!!! I forced the issue at the meeting and FINALLY was allowed to fix the users' problems! A few hours after the meeting, I was feverish and dizzy and stayed home the next three days. At least I lasted through the meeting.

During my time at home, I did almost nothing until the weekend. When I finally felt better, I had to clean the bathroom. My kitchen is still beautiful and the LR is getting the next treatment. I finished the baby blanket for the church but did not see the person to whom I needed to give it. I got my checkbook balanced and realized that March is a three paycheck month. CUE HALLELUJAH CHORUS LOUD!!! I will use the money on my credit card, which is showing the ill effects of two flights to Mobile and two front tires.

DD15 spent her time at my house studying - finals again.

I am working on going through the 119 work emails that piled up in my absence. There are also 159 home emails to contend with. Not sure what I will be making happen tonight, but I am glad to be back among the living.

Harmony: Is there any place you could walk to? I have a library and a coffee house within 30 minutes walk from my house.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:13 pm

hi d elizabeth!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:14 pm

worked on storing discs on hard drive - I can now make it for others. (lol I have to figure that out)

dd younger doesn't think it's a good idea to go to the lake but I will drive her into the country near us. praying the roads aren't too slick

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:23 pm

Thanks, blessed. I know this will pass.

Welcome back, Elizabeth. If I walked to anything, it would be to a window company :? or I could cross 6 lanes of traffic and go to a pizza / sub / doughnut place. Not good. This is very much a car community. We see lots of bikes, but they are usually homeless people. :roll: I'm glad you are feeling better.

But about the car, DH thinks it's just the sensor which needs replaced. He thinks there is plenty of oil pressure, and its not a problem. Easy for him to say.....

Anyway... I've tackled one thing on my procrastination list. I changed out my desk light. I didn't report the problem correctly, I guess. The old one was not hard-wired in, it had a regular plug which fed down the back of the hutch/desk and I plugged into my power strip. So that's what I was looking for. I kept seeing ones that were supposed to be hard-wired into the electricity. Finally got a guy from HD to look at the lights and he was very helpful.

It wasn't easy, working up underneath a shelf where no light reached and I had to unscrew the old one and screw the new brackets on. Fortunately I was able to use the same holes or I'd never been able to do it. Wasn't strong enough to get the screws in so walked down the street to DH's truck and brought his drill back and then took it back.

New light is LED and supposed to last a lifetime without changing bulb. It's a softer light and I wish it was brighter but it'll do. Old one had a shiny silver metal piece under the bulb which made it really bright but this one has a little cover and its white. At least its done and I won't be burning my fingers fumbling around for the switch. Old one was unsafe I thought. I always worried about that heat. This one is barely warm.

Ok, back to work here..

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:51 pm

I've not had a productive day but considering that I've been sick, I'll take it. We had the online discussion so that's done. DD came by and wanted me to go to Tar jay with her so I went, and we stopped for dog food and at the bank also for cash for me. While we were out dh dropped off my car and said he got a loaner. So I have a car back and can drive myself tonight.

I need to leave here around eight p.m. - Dd and I will be sleeping over at the church where homeless families are housed this week. Before then...

-walk the dog
-straighten up as needed
-fold a load of laundry
-supper (dh is out tonight)
-gather sheets and a blanket for tonight, cpap, what else?
-what else?
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:19 pm

I have 10 minutes before I have to leave. I have spent the entire day looking at work emails and figuring out what to do with them. Also getting meeting notes transcribed and making sure none of the ToDos have fallen by the wayside. In the meantime, I got a question about a report that DID fall by the wayside. Need to get on it tomorrow. I am down to 35 unread work emails that are not time critical and 100 home emails which are mostly spam. In the few minutes I have remaining, I will look through as many of the non-critical work emails as I can.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:39 pm

I did a round in the chickns run spiffed up the coop and put out more shavings for them and some fresh leaves, they have been fed too. I painted up a few rocks they are out on the deck drying now. I did a bit of writing. Got a dishcloth to the half way point yea!

It is not quite time to start dinner.
Last edited by Nancy on Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:51 pm

Oh, well. Even the potentially understandable lady is speaking yet another language, although HRH's friend can catch some words and agrees that it has the "lilt" of Thai. He thinks it is a dialect of Mandarin/Vietnamese or Mandarin/Laotian. Some words overlap and he can translate a few, but he has no complete idea what she's saying either. It's funny to watch he and HRH both jump and point when she says a certain quick phrase, which they say means more or less, "see how I'm teaching you?". Unfortunately, the one thing I already know is that she's trying to teach me. ;)

But I'm learning anyhow. I am comparing these video lessons with other English video and I'm figuring out everything I'm doing wrong! :D (or could do better) Even if just by process of elimination, I can do this!

At any rate, experiments are delicious. Had some for lunch today. Yet there are so many! Have gotten out the Debbie Meyer stay-fresh bags. My two daughters-in-law will be surprised at gifts of these, maybe.

2 irritating things about the friend:
He can't understand why I care about the how-to of this, or think it is a valid project. Um... sustenance. :| Also doesn't understand why I'm not astute enough to have already looked this up without having to have a video - don't I know I can find written instructions that are good enough? :| :| why try to make better beans - whatever they look like, it's just beans. Sigh. He is an expert in old movies - a complete movie buff and knows many so well. Maybe I should say, whatever they look like, it's just film.

Second thing - he is coughing all over the place, still insisting he is not contagious, even though he asked to borrow a cough drop. HRH just flat told him he doesn't sound any different from people who have the flu, and is taking him outside for further chatting. I expect they will go out in the truck, maybe out to eat. There won't be any difference for HRH if that happens - only for me. In fact, in the cab of the truck, quarters are even closer. I wish he'd realize we'd all be better off if he'd go get some rest and consider his symptoms further. At this point, I'm certainly hoping there won't be a problem with ToddlerC spending the day with us Thursday. :?

Hi, Elizabeth! Glad you are back and well again.

Makes me think - we have not seen Austin Granny in a much longer while.

Definitely missing Dove.

Flu symptom chat makes me think - hope Donna is better.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:56 pm

I didn't make it happen at all on Monday - I enjoyed going with dd for a ride in the country even though the roads were bad. It was fun to see dd taking pictures. Lots of slipping and sliding but it was beautiful. I dint' have time to make the dinner tonight so we went to C P K (for take out) and I forget how expensive dinner out is. :shock:
My own fault for not making dinner this morning or planning an easier dinner when doing errands. I always underestimate the fun stuff and always over estimate the time for real work.

hi d harriet my d mom speaks a dialect and even in Alsace there are two main ones that only older Alsatians speak. I had an acquaintance from India and she told me there was so many dialects from village to village.
I do hope he isn't contagious - I am so sorry he came to your home being sick. I wish you a good day on Thursday and hoping your guest only has allergies.

I miss them too. Hope they are doing well!

hi d nancy your d chickens are very lucky to have such a good caregiver.

hi d elizabeth hope you have a good evening out.

hi d twins I hope you are healing nicely

hi d harmony yay on complete the one thing of changing out you desk light!

hi d kathryn so sorry about your migraine! How is the barometric pressure? A sudden drop of pressure always sends my head south.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:25 pm

Well.

Well.

I am really burned out now. Typed out a proposal and it looked beautiful. Printed it out. Yes, all was good, approved by the boss. Saved as. Then tried to put it in a PDF and managed to do that. 2nd time I've realized when I do that it somehow changes the one I saved FROM and I cannot go back to change anything. Not. One. Dot.

Typed said proposal all over again and began anew. Tried to learn how to scan. About an hour later, had that done. Tried to email it. So HUGE that it wouldn't fit in the email. Another hour. I simply cannot scan with this old printer and new computer. My old one accomplished it nicely.

Started over. Typed again. Somehow got a page 2 and 3 (both blank and unneeded) and couldn't get rid of them nohow noway. Tried every single thing one could click on. I do not know how I did it finally, it took so long. I was tempted to put my foot through this thing. Did the PDF and emailed it.

This is a problem. I have to change things a lot of the time. When people decide to do this or that instead...... I'm in a mell of a hess here in this office. No wonder I just want to quit. DH doesn't understand my angst. He's already in bed sleeping through all this. :evil:

Hoping Austin Granny is ok. Wondering where Lucylee is.

Going to eat dinner now.

Return to “Post When You Can”